It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laptops can cause male infertility, study shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wanna keep your soldiers safe? Then keep the laptop off their base. An increased rise in temp in the testicles can cause male infertility.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

I used to have mine on my lap, but it gets really hot, so now I have an extra fan for it. found this on another website

It is not known whether the effects of the exposure would cause permanent damage, but the study recommended that men keep laptops off their laps to avoid the potential for "irreversible changes."

How heat may affect male fertility

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This has been known for years, and I remember specifically reading a study on it back then.

I have been telling people ever since, don't put that laptop on your lap! Your frying your junk!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not sure how they conducted the experiment, but if they told the participants to just sit there with a laptop covering for an hour...it's not really realistic. Most people would move, put it closer to their knees, ect in a normal setting.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Duh. The scrotum is the way it is for a reason. Temp sensitivity has been known to affect sperm health for generations now.

So I guess the news is really that people are idiots and can't put two and two together for themselves.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What a bunch of $@#$!@#. Seriously. It's not the laptops causing the infertility. It's keeping your family jewels and a higher temperature for excessive periods. You got to let them fly loose every chance you get to save your future family.

Note: I am saying this with my laptop on my lap
Later i promise to take a cold shower to help them out.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Royal76 because: just thought of something else.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
this brings turing me on to a new meening lol

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

what? total non sense the study not the thread .,

hardcore drugs and extreamly tight underwear is what also can cause male infertility..... lets not forget sports injuryies .......

besides there s a way to get it back....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejones
this brings turing me on to a new meening lol

I'm not sure if this is a moderately funny joke with a typo, or if you actually meant to type "Turing" and it's completely hilarious...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm sure any laptop user above 40's will bother. Especially parents who uses their laptops in their 50s and above.

top topics

join