It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass dem rep tells union crowd it's time to "get a little bloody"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well it appears the true colors of the union thuggery is now starting to come out. This guy should be removed from office calling for this kind of crap. It's a disgrace.

A Democratic Congressman from Massachusetts is raising the stakes in the nation’s fight over the future of public employee unions, saying emails aren’t enough to show support and that it is time to “get a little bloody.” “I’m proud to be here with people who understand that it’s more than just sending an email to get you going. Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary,” Rep. Mike Capuano (D-Ma.) told a crowd in Boston on Tuesday rallying in solidarity for Wisconsin union members. Capuano’s comments come at a time when there is heightened sensitivity to violent rhetoric in the wake of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ (D-Az.) shooting in January. Capuano is considered a leading contender to take on Sen. Scott Brown in 2012.

Link

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
WoW...Just Wow! Not that I'm saying he's suggesting ran sack the place and spill blood, but comments like that when tensions are high is just not smart...you watch though, he'll be on the news making an apology, and like sheep everyone will dismiss it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

this is all we need at the moment people baying for blood if that happens they will be playing into tptb"s hands
peacefull protesting is what is needed here its the only way at the moment. sounds like this guy is on the other side. s&f

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I'm actually... NOT shocked about this. With all the craziness in the world and the Freedom rings speeches everywhere in the world this does not surprise me. Humans are pack animals. Mob mentality usually rules and they know this. The Dems are losing so they are trying to manipulate people in to a planned "uprising" so they can take power back. Whether it's through NWO type policies or just because most politicians are egomaniacs that have little care for the public and more for their pockets they will get what they want. Most of the populace that follow people like that are too stupid to realize the big picture.
edit on 23-2-2011 by HellstormRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What a foolish thing to say at a time like this.

I would bet my last dollar you will never see that congressman or his family/friends in a huge vilolent crowd if the SHTF.

He and his family will be safe and sound somewhere, while your average joe suffers the consequences of a bloody protest.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Public Unions are a perversion of real Unions.

Those public employees who are protesting should all be fired and replaced. In this economy, that is totally possible.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-- Thomas Jefferson

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well it seems TPTB have got us just about split in half.

There is no room for cries for blood.

We are trying to show the world how to peacefully demonstrate.

Violence in the streets is always a disaster.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary,” Rep. Mike Capuano said....

Okay Mike, you first.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This strikes me as an agenda driven deliberate provocation, while leaving some wiggle room for deniability.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I Have seen this coming for some time GOD HELP US ALL.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-- Thomas Jefferson

Your quote has merit but not in this context. In this case it the blood of the taxpayers that is demanded by the unions to survive.
If there is going to be blood shed on US soil, I certainly don't want the cause to be based on the wants and childish behavior of spoiled Public Servants who have been mislead by their Union Leaders. For the cowards in the Wisconsin assembly, time to pull your heads out of the sand and get back to work. Anyway to dock their pay for going AWOL to another state.. AT the very least deduct vacation/personal days for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't care who this guy is or what he believes, but he is just using a figure of speech. It's no different than telling people to put some elbow grease into it, or a hundred other terms. Has no one here ever worked at a physical job, where sometimes you need to "get a little bloody" to get the job done? All he is saying is stop being arm chair quarter backs and show real support.... i.e. get off your duffs, an email means nothing. Is he wrong about that?

And no, I do not support this guy.You guys are acting like this guy jumped off the podium, and started stabbing people in the face with a spear who don't agree, all while incouraging the others to join in to the violence. THIS IS DEMOCRATICA!!(300 reference...lol)
edit on 2/23/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: spello

new topics

top topics

join