It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prank call proves billionaire David Koch owns Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and the GOP

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

That ain't Scott Walker, that was Scott Woker, it's a big mix up

The real Scott Woker is probably not appreciating your joke right now, lol. I'm not sure I understand what the joke is here?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Janky Red

That ain't Scott Walker, that was Scott Woker, it's a big mix up

The real Scott Woker is probably not appreciating your joke right now, lol. I'm not sure I understand what the joke is here?

It's one big janky mystery - yet, this admission is no revelation

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

You know...he came back...he said he made a mistake in reading...let it go.

There is no reason to continue to keep going on about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Transcript from Ed Schultz, he doesn't pull any punches about Walker.
From here

... The prank phone call exposed Walker and really ripped the scab off the republicans and their corporate puppet masters. Keep in mind, in the last election cycle, the Koch brothers gave $1 million to the republican governors association which funneled another $65,000 to Walker. But here's the big number, then the republican governor's association turned and spent $3.4 million attacking Walker's democratic opponent. That kind of money is big shakes to a guy like Walker who wants power, but it's really chicken feed to the Koch boys. The real story is what Governor Walker can do for energy companies like Koch industries.

(from the Walker tapes):

Fake Koch: "What we're thinking about the crowd's is, was planting some troublemakers."

Walker: "You know, the only problem with - because we thought about that - the problem - or my only gut reaction to that would be right now the lawmakers I talked to have just completely had it with them. The public is not really fond of this. The teacher's union did some polling of focus groups and found out that the public turned on them the minute they closed school down for a couple days. The guys left are largely from out of state. And I keep dismissing it in all my press conferences saying they're mostly from out of state. My only fear would be, if there was a ruckus caused, is that would scare the public into thinking maybe the governor has got to settle all these to avowed all these problems. People can protest, this is Madison, let them protest."

This is shocking. The governor of Wisconsin just admitted he considered putting troublemakers in the crowd to cause a ruckus. He thought about it. He considered it. What's that say about his character? The only thing that stopped Walker from having his people whip up trouble was a political calculation that violence may hurt him in the arena of public opinion, and he wasn't ready to do that. He wasn't concerned about hurting the 60's liberals in Madison.

[...]

It definitely strengthens my resolve in the fact that he shows he has no character. His integrity is in question. He's not been honest with the Wisonsinites, and it shows what we've been saying the whole time, it's not about the budget, it's a fabricated budget crisis and the only thing he wants to do is bust unions. He's really the puppet of the Koch brothers.

Video of the show

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Yeah, there is. It would derail the thread completely to explain why it's important to call out BS when it's obvious, but to stay on-topic, I will just say that the antics in these particular posts and the others like them threw the thread off-topic pages ago-----mission accomplished, I suppose. Now the thread is about people who don't read articles and whether it's illegal to wiretap-----not about the obvious improprieties contained in the phone call.

If these kind of tactics aren't called out when they happen, you can expect more of the same. That seems to be the trend lately.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I personally know the dude who pulled off this prank call. This was real as ever!
edit on 24-2-2011 by paradigmshifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Time for the people to walk like the Egyptians ......peace

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

welcome to capitalism, free market, democracy, politics, government.

Awesome.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Why isn't this stuff they are talking about considered to be subversion of democracy.

This guy should be impeached, same as they impeached Blogovich in Illinois.

If the Wisconsin legislature isn't willing to do it, then the people should call for special elections, and a vote to remove the guy from office.

That repubs want to deny the reality of how their party operates shows they don't care about justice or democracy. They would rather be subjects of a king, or a CEO.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Republicans, Democrats...same thing different name and color. Give up the fighting, divide and conquer people...they are the same bribe taking, compulsive liars that would lie to you about the weather.

When you guys realize that our system is completely gone, and stop putting energy into fighting the "other party" maybe we will have a chance at doing something about this repulsive system. They are just controlled and bought out. Period.

FIGHT THE CORRUPT GOVERNMENT AS A WHOLE, you people look like backwards bigots when you have long drawn out petty arguments over nothing except "red" or "blue". Look at the facts people, the entire government as-is needs to be toppled REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRAT TRASH INCLUDED and rebuilt as a whole.
edit on 24-2-2011 by spolcyc because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by spolcyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
"He's not one of us." That says it all.

S&F and kudos to the perpetrator of this prank. Impeach Walker, Wisconsin!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
If they openly employed a Koch impersonator is it possible that they employed a Walker impersonator as well?. Or perhaps used edited sound bites?

To good to be true. These clowns remind be of The Jerky Boys THeir set ups are notorious. Time for something new and original.

P.S. Do you have Prince Albert in a can?
edit on 23-2-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

Prince Albert in the can?

You just aged yourself

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
A Quebec radio station has two members of its team who make such calls. Among the most famous of their connections was the Queen of England thinking she was talking to Canada's Prime Minister, and Sarah Palin believing the President of France was on the line.
These guys put it over their air waves for the laugh.
Amazing what great folk will say when they are conversing with other great folk. Or think they are.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by inkyminds
Yeah, you're right. I'm sure anyone could call the governor and get a direct line to voice their concerns. No conflict of interests there at all. Koch's position of power and influence did not play into the decision at all.

True, because as we all know, no Democrat has ever taken a call from a millionaire campaign contributor!

So typical of the hypocracy of the left. Since he didn't say anything incriminating you start grasping for straws, and THIS is the best you can do? People like you just just strengthen support for the guy because your condemnation is so pathetically transparent.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The media already tried their spins without success. The story is now dead in the water. Anyone who actually listened to the entirety of the conversation has sense enough to realize that Walker was cordial and stayed on the message he's been speaking openly about all the time while avoiding the bait as much as possible without being disrespectful.

www.jsonline.com...

Some quotes:

Murphy: Bring a baseball bat. That’s what I’d do.

Walker: [Laughs] I have one in my office; you’d be happy with that. [Laughs] I have a Slugger with my name on it.

Murphy: Beautiful.

Walker: But in the end, this is, and I even pointed it out last night ‘cause I’m trying to keep out as many of the private unions as possible. I said, this is about the budget. This is about public sector unions. Hell, even FDR got is. There’s no place for the kind of, I mean, essentially you’re having taxpayers’ money being used to pay to lobby for spending more of taxpayers’ money. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

Notice that in this quote Walker disowns the bait and simply tells "Murphy" that he might be happy with the bat in his office. Yet, he definitely doesn't say he's going to use it. He also flattens that bait with his next comment explaining the corruption of public sector unions and how is screws the taxpayer.

Murphy: [Expletive] right! We, uh, we sent, uh, Andrew Breitbart down there.

Walker: Yeah.

Murphy: Yeah.

Walker: Good stuff.

Murphy: Yeah. He’s our man, you know.

Walker: Well it has been amazing to me, the massive amount of attention. I want to stay ahead, so......

Here he obviously isn't falling for the bait. He changes the direction of the conversation as "Murphy" tries to bait him into expletives and discussing his ties with Andrew.

Murphy: Right, right. We’ll back you any way we can. But what we were thinking about the crowd was, uh, was planting some troublemakers.

Walker: You know, well, the only problem with that — because we thought about that. The problem with — my only gut reaction to that would be, right now the lawmakers I’ve talked to have just completely had it with them. The public is not really fond of this. The teacher’s union did some polling and focus groups I think and found out that the public turned on them the minute they closed school down on them for a couple of days. The guys we’ve got left are largely from out of state and I keep dismissing it in all my press comments, saying ehh, they’re mostly from out of state. My only fear would be if there’s a ruckus caused is that would scare the public into thinking maybe the governor has to settle to avoid all these problems. You know, whereas I’ve said, hey, we can handle this, people can protest, this is Madison, you know, full of the ’60s liberals. Let ’em protest. It’s not going to affect us. And as long as we go back to our homes and the majority of people are telling us we’re doing the right thing, let ’em protest all they want. So that’s my gut reaction. I think it’s actually good if they’re constant, they’re noisy, but they’re quiet, nothing happens. Sooner or later the media stops finding them interesting.

Here he starts of direct and going straight to the problem with it and is trying to be cordial in the face of "Murphy" but he clearly explains then how he feels about the protesters and why "Murphy's" proposal really isn't a good one. Realize Murphy is making this proposal. He is offering to do this. Walker simply explains away the notion.

Walker: Yeah, well thanks. This is an exciting time. This is, I told my cabinet, I had a dinner the Sunday uh, excuse me, Monday right after the sixth. Came home from the Super Bowl where the Packers won, that Monday night I had all my cabinet over to the residence for dinner, talked about what we were going to do, how we were going to do it, we’d already kind of built plans up but it was kind of the last hurrah before we dropped the bomb. And I stood up and I pulled out a picture of Ronald Reagan, and I said, you know, this may seem a little melodramatic, but 30 years ago Ronald Reagan, whose 100th birthday we just celebrated the day before, had one of the most defining moments of his political career, not just his presidency, when he fired the air traffic controllers. And I said, to me that moment was more important than just for labor relations or even the federal budget. That was the first crack in the Berlin Wall in the fall of Communism because from that point forward the Soviets and the Communists knew that Ronald Reagan wasn’t a pushover. And I said, this may not have as broad of world applications, but in Wisconsin’s history — little did I know how big it would be nationally — Wisconsin’s history, I said, this is our moment. This is our time to change the course of history, and this is why it’s so important that they were all there. I had a cabinet meeting this morning, I reminded them of that. I said, for those who thought I was being melodramatic, you now know it was purely putting it in the right context.

Here is obvious that Walker isn't just about "union busting" but truly thinks this is the right thing to do! That it will change history for the better. Walker states, "that moment was more important than just for labor relations or even the federal budget." Walker is explaining that it's not so much about the labor unions or even the budget. It's about changing history in the way Ronald Reagan did.

Murphy: [Laughs] Well, I tell you what, Scott: Once you crush these bastards I’ll fly you out to Cali (California) and really show you a good time.

Walker: All right, that would be outstanding. Thanks for all the support in helping us move the cause forward, and we appreciate it, and we’re doing it the just and right thing for the right reasons and it’s all about getting our freedoms back.

Murphy: Absolutely. And, you know, we have a little bit of a vested interest as well. [Laughs]

Walker: Well that’s just it, the bottom line is we’re gonna get the world moving here ’cause it’s the right thing to do.

Murphy: Alright then.

Walker: Thanks a million!

Murphy: Bye-bye!

Walker: Bye.

Walker avoids all the bait. "Vested Interest" .... No, Walker continues to push the fact that he feels this is the right thing to do! He is consistent. He doesn't use expletives. He shares stories talking about the inherent goodness of this action.

A story Walker shares about the goodness of these steps.

"Walker: So this is ground zero, there’s no doubt about it. But I think for us, I just keep telling my, I call any, I tell the speaker, the Senate majority leader every night: Give me a list of people I need to call at home, shore ‘em up. The New York Times of all things, I don’t normally tell people to read The New York Times, but the front page of The New York Times has got a great story, one of these unbelievable moments of true journalism, what it’s supposed to be objective journalism. They got out of the Capitol and went down, one county south from the Capitol to Janesville, to Rock County, that’s where the General Motors plant once was. They moved out two years ago. The lead on this story is about a guy who was laid off two years ago, he’d been laid off twice by GM, who points out that everybody else in his town has had to sacrifice except for all these public employees, and it’s about damn time that they do and he supports me. And they had a bartender, and they had every stereotypical blue collar worker type they interviewed, and the only ones that weren’t with us were people who were either a public employee or married to a public employee. It’s an unbelievable story. So I went through and called a handful, a dozen or so lawmakers I worry about each day and said, “Every one of you should get that story printed out and send it to anyone giving you grief.”

As you can see the left is trying to spin this conversation any way to fit their agenda. Yet, Walker truly believes he is doing what is right. He uses anecdotes, avoids all of "Murphy's" bait, and simply shares his passion for his action. Spin away lefties, spin away.......it will only hurt your cause to spin as truth seekers will read the whole transcript. Walker shows his passion as "Murphy" blurts out expletives and adds nothing useful. Walker, even in the midst of all the baiting and expletives keeps his cool, shows no signs of being vested in any of the bait, and remains passionate enough to do 90%+ of the talking.

I agree with some of the other posters in this thread who say that this conversation has actually improved their view of some politicians.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
"He's not one of us." That says it all.

S&F and kudos to the perpetrator of this prank. Impeach Walker, Wisconsin!

Oh, let's place that quote into context and see what happens!

Murphy: Now you’re not talking to any of these Democrat bastards, are you?

Walker: Ah, I, there’s one guy that’s actually voted with me on a bunch of things I called on Saturday for about 45 minutes, mainly to tell him that while I appreciate his friendship and he’s worked with us on other things, to tell him I wasn’t going to budge.

Murphy: [Expletive] right!

Walker: Mainly because I thought he’s about the only reasonable one over there, I figured if I talked to him, he’d go back to the rest of the gang and say you know, I know Walker and he’s not budging.

Murphy: Now what’s his name again?

Walker: Uh, his name is Tim Cullen —

Murphy: All right, I’ll have to give that man a call.

Walker: Well, actually, in his case I wouldn’t call him and I’ll tell you why: He’s pretty reasonable but he’s not one of us. So I would let him be. I think he is in a position where he can maybe motivate that caucus. But he’s not an ally, he’s just a guy. He was in the Senate years ago, he was actually the Senate Democratic leader back in the ’80s and (former Gov.) Tommy Thompson hired him to be the head of Health and Human Services. He went into the private sector, made real money and became a little more open-minded, and last fall he got elected to the Senate seat he was in 25 years ago. And he’s kind of one of these guys who he really doesn’t care, he’s not there for political reasons, he’s just trying to get something done. So he’s good to reach out to for me, but he’s not a conservative, he’s just a pragmatist.

Oh, wow, that changes things. He's simply telling Murphy not to call him because he won't be on board since he isn't a conservative. Some people need to learn to look at context and think for themselves instead of taking everyone's word for what Walker is "saying". Read it yourself and deduct facts.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Im not sure if this was posted already, mr walker comfirms he got tricked eheheh

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

I wasn't taking anything out of any sort of "context." First of all I listened to the whole thing twice. I know damn well what your "context" is. Doesn't change a thing about my comment about what Walker said it to Koch.This shows the degree to which the gov's in cahoots with a billionaire crook who plays dirty politics and implies that in other cases the governor would see absolutely no problem with Koch talking to his state senators or representatives and attempting to influence them. But I suppose that's quite all right.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Walker is simply advising "Murphy" to not call him because he isn't a conservative. Walker even talks nicely about the guy and calls him pragmatic. What is Walker supposed to say? I wouldn't want "Murphy" calling anyone on behalf of me considering the expletives and uselessness he's shown in this conversation. This is about ideology not being in bed with billionaires. Walker clearly distances himself from those baiting techniques throughout the conversation.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Walker: Well, actually, in his case I wouldn’t call him and I’ll tell you why: He’s pretty reasonable but he’s not one of us. So I would let him be. I think he is in a position where he can maybe motivate that caucus. But he’s not an ally, he’s just a guy. He was in the Senate years ago, he was actually the Senate Democratic leader back in the ’80s and (former Gov.) Tommy Thompson hired him to be the head of Health and Human Services. He went into the private sector, made real money and became a little more open-minded, and last fall he got elected to the Senate seat he was in 25 years ago. And he’s kind of one of these guys who he really doesn’t care, he’s not there for political reasons, he’s just trying to get something done. So he’s good to reach out to for me, but he’s not a conservative, he’s just a pragmatist.

In this case. Sort of implies it'd be fine in other cases, doesn't it?

Now that I look at it again, "became a little more open-minded" is pretty funny too.

edit on 2/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join