It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prank call proves billionaire David Koch owns Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and the GOP

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by MindSpin

You are the one spinning something to try and fit your paradigm.

Appropriate name you have there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Please tell me what I am spinning.

Quotes would be nice.

You know what...let me help you out. Here is every reply of mine from this thread...please show me which one I am "spinning" words.

Ah yes, deny deny deny....just bury that little head of yours into the sand.

unbelievable.

Good find.

So...for those claiming it was faked....what now??? Is this press release also faked???

Ok, for anyone still trying to claim this is fake...here is the statement release by Governor Walkers office

www.wsaw.com...

Can you stop being willfully ignoratn now??? Please???

I love how hard you are attempting to defend and dismiss this call.

Your delusions must run deep.

4:25 of the second video.

Enjoy.

LOL...except for the part where he "thought about it".

Keep on twisting and trying to spin his words, it is quite entertaining.

This is the point in the thread you accuse me of spinning....please indicate which one of my replies you are referring to.

I doubt you will even return...nice little hit and run accusation.
edit on 23-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

The real David Koch could sue (and probably win easily).
Gov. Scott Walker could most likely sue as well, or at least inform his "master" Koch of the prank call
The district attorney may be interested to know that an impersonator called into the governor's office, and recorded a phone conversation without the Governor's approval (and maybe it's not illegal, but I bet it's at least worth a review)
the federal government loves to arrest people on wiretapping and shove it in people's faces that the government could wiretap but not private citizens.

Of course, if you were their attorney you would plead the "parody" defense, not sure how that would hold up. All this, for what? To show that walker would take a call from Koch and that he sort of is in league with him?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Well it's a ridiculous law, it's like saying one person is allowed to rob another person so long as they know they are robbing them. To say you are allowed to record someone's conversation without them knowing, "so long as you know" is not just redundant but makes no sense. Of course the recording party would know they are recording the conversation, the entire point is if the other party knows. I'm not saying the law doesn't state that, I'm just saying the law is dumb.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Yeah, sure...let them sue...I don't care.

How does that negate anything from the call?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Yeah, sure...let them sue...I don't care.

How does that negate anything from the call?

what from the call is so ground breaking? He called it "ground zero" oh no. He didn't go along with the caller's attempt at having him sending agitators into the crowd. He didn't say he had a vested interest but rather was doing what he believed was right. I'm not sensing anything unethical from the conversation, I can see more unethical things in the prank as opposed to what Walker said.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

What do you mean that doesn't negate anything from the call? What is it you think the call proves exactly, that Gov. Walker's office may set up a time from his probably busy schedule to talk with a private citizen?
Please offer up some direct quotes from the conversation that proves whatever point you are trying to make.

link   
reply to post by MindSpin

It doesn't. But it sure looks like those goalposts are moving again huh?

FYI re infiltration. Saw this on Daily Kos. Interesting read, but, as the site mentions, it looks like it was scrubbed.

link   

He didn't go along with the caller's attempt at having him sending agitators into the crowd.

Yeah, he didn't go along with it because HE HAD ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT IT, and he decided that it would serve him better not to do it.

That doesn't bother you just a little bit? He could of responded by saying, "No, that isn't an option". But no, he gave a detailed explanation as to why he decided against it after he already considered it an option.

But sure, think what you will...it's obvious from page 1 you are in love with this man.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I'm sorry but the only participants in the phone call were a Koch impersonator and his pwned republican governor. The only thing this conversation "proves" is that there's collusion between the two. but nice attempt at deflection.

As to the bussed in protesters, my guess would be unions from other states showing their solidarity. Koch and his vassal Walker got what they wanted, a battle ground over state's workers rights. When "Koch" suggest busing in protesters, Walkers says "we already thought of that."

This sort of deflection is rolled out every time Fox "news" get caught red-handed lying or committing video-deception (recently with Ron Paul's straw poll win, for example), we then get a rash of poster saying "Well CNN (or MSNBC, etc.) does this also. Well, no they don't, not in the deliberate fashion Fox does. Those networks may show a bias, but that's not the same as committing a deliberate deception. This conversation between Walker and "Koch" show's a deliberate and knowing collusion between the two, whereas nothing of the like has been shown between Obama and Soros.

Walker's responses to the impersonator's questions shows a familiarity, he was too open for this to have been a random call between a billionaire and governor. Notice also how quickly name-dropping got "Koch" through to the gov, when even other WI officials couldn't reach him.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Good recording. What I don't get is "where is the controversy"?

There was nothing incriminating or unexpected was there? Guy seemed to be sticking to his guns and had some interesting ideas. These same ideas to get the State Dems back to work have been reviewed and played all over talk radio the last few days. The "pay stops" until return etc. is nothing new.

Hell if a Democrat got a call from George Soros I would expect the same level of kiss-assness.

What is the surprise in this?
edit on 23-2-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow.

Listening to that conversation makes me realize how much I miss my puppy.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

He didn't go along with the caller's attempt at having him sending agitators into the crowd.

Yeah, he didn't go along with it because HE HAD ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT IT, and he decided that it would serve him better not to do it.

So if he goes against his masters wishes he is not owned. That disproves the thread's title. So impersonating and recording a conversation without the other parties consent is okay for you, but thinking about something is wrong? Hmm...can you say thoughtcrime?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by infolurker

The controversy is that Walker talked openly with somorne who he thought was Koch.

In these people's eyes, that is more than enough evidence that the bill was written with Koch Brothets in mind.

Ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

But sure, think what you will...it's obvious from page 1 you are in love with this man.

No, I barely know him. So unfortunately I can not confess my love for this man.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

Nice find, and again, how pathetic American politics have gotten.

From your link: (reminder, the Patriot Action Network is David Koch's personal PAC)

The following comes directly from www.patriotactionnetwork.com...;

Our goal is to make the gathering look as greedy and goonish as we know that it is, ding their credibility with the media and exploit the lazy reporters who just want dramatic shots and outrageous quotes for headlines. Even if it becomes known that we are plants the quotes and pictures will linger as defacto truth.

[...] we will approach the cameras to make good pictures… signs under our shirts that say things like “screw the taxpayer!” and “you OWE me!” to be pulled out for the camera (timing is important because the signs will be taken away from us) ...

Seriously this just has to stop. It's beyond outrageous.

Just as Koch's can infiltrate and damage real-life gatherings, they have the tools to infiltrate message forums;

UPDATED: The HB Gary Email That Should Concern Us All

But for a defense contractor with ties to the federal government, Hunton & Williams, DOD, NSA, and the CIA - whose enemies are labor unions, progressive organizations, journalists, and progressive bloggers, a persona apparently goes far beyond creating a mere sockpuppet.

According to an embedded MS Word document found in one of the HB Gary emails, it involves creating an army of sockpuppets, with sophisticated "persona management" software that allows a small team of only a few people to appear to be many, while keeping the personas from accidentally cross-contaminating each other. Then, to top it off, the team can actually automate some functions so one persona can appear to be an entire Brooks Brothers riot online.

Again, where is the outrage? All we get instead for the avowed "conservatives" are posts about Michelle Obama eating short-ribs and the Daily Show trotting out a camel for "torture".

Beyond sad.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

The controversy is that Walker talked openly with somorne who he thought was Koch.

In these people's eyes, that is more than enough evidence that the bill was written with Koch Brothets in mind.

It's more to the point that conservatives like to try to deny that their elected officials are deep in the pockets of their donors.

They like to think that they are all grassroots politicians that have been elected for their upstanding values and morals

I have no problems admitting that all politicians are in someones pocket...it's how the game is played....I just think it is hilarious to see conservatives try to deny it even when it is thrown full in their face.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

"He thought about it"

Really? Because you know what he was thinking, Mr. God?

But keep spinning. It is quite fun watching you guys get your panties in a bunch about a simple phone call.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Most politician's are, to a varying degree.

I fail to see how this proves anything, though. It was an simple phone conversation.

Same with the hallaballoo about the bill yesterday. Nowhere does it mention Koch.

All the attacks are pure conjecture. Wishing things to be so and seeing boogey men in the closet does not make it so.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

[It's more to the point that conservatives like to try to deny that their elected officials are deep in the pockets of their donors.

They like to think that they are all grassroots politicians that have been elected for their upstanding values and morals

I have no problems admitting that all politicians are in someones pocket...it's how the game is played....I just think it is hilarious to see conservatives try to deny it even when it is thrown full in their face.

How about some quotes from the conversation that proves this point you are attempting to make. All I've seen proof of so far is Walker's office setting up a phone conversation. If they were in bed with eachother as the title of this thread suggests, a quote should look something like this: "hey Dave, why did you bother going through my office, you shoulda just hit up my cell boss."

edit: hahahaha, I get it now. The call was a prank call, it's supposed to be funny. Just in this case the call itself isn't the prank, it's the follow up article in the op that is the joke. Those jerky boys are some funny people.
edit on 23-2-2011 by PplVSNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
HuffPost has an article up now here. Haven't had a chance to listen to the vid links in the article, but the some of the transcripts are hilarious! How did Walker not know this was a prank?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join