Prank call proves billionaire David Koch owns Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and the GOP

page: 4
77
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
 



edit: I went through the whole conversation again and I can't find where they are talking about sending agitators into the crowd. Can only help me out by giving me a time on the video where they talk about this?



4:25 of the second video.

Enjoy.




posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Again I think some individuals on this thread may be confused as to what "One Party Consent" is.

One party consent means that the person being called, and recorded needs to be notified and aware of the taping.



Originally posted by Realtruth
Again I think some individuals on this thread may be confused as to what "One Party Consent" is.

One party consent means that the person being called, and recorded needs to be notified and aware of the taping.


Actually, you are the one that is misunderstanding the term "one party consent".


Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation. Furthermore, if you are not a party to the conversation, a "one-party consent" law will allow you to record the conversation or phone call so long as your source consents and has full knowledge that the communication will be recorded.


You don't need the other parties consent, as you are already "one party" involved in the conversation. Otherwise, it would be called "two party consent" or "all consent".



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Regardless of the laws, since it appears to be him, with the public admission from his office.

The Cat is out of the bag and I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
So if the call really is real, they now are looking at potentially illegal recording of a phone conversation and impersonation.
edit on 23-2-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)


It is illegal to impersonate a public official or a law enforcement officer. It is also illegal to impersonate someone while attempting to defraud the other party involved. Otherwise, it's perfectly legal to impersonate.

Remember, just because something is underhanded, deceitful, etc...doesn't mean it's illegal.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by filosophia
 



edit: I went through the whole conversation again and I can't find where they are talking about sending agitators into the crowd. Can only help me out by giving me a time on the video where they talk about this?



4:25 of the second video.

Enjoy.


Thanks, and to his defense, the "corrupt" governor doesn't want agent provocateurs! He says that would make it seem like he has to compromise or the situation will get out of hand. This guy actually seems like a decent guy.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man
 



You are correct, it appears I am incorrect, if the the person making the call is on the line they can record the call, which leads to the "One party consent".

Only if the party is not the one making the call, there must be a tone or message in "one party consent".


But remember it's important to know did this call originate in Wisconsin, or across State lines, this could muddy the waters a bit.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man
 


well isn't this prank call attempting to defraud Walker in some way? Trying to humiliate him politically? Prank calls by themselves are illegal, so there's multiple violations involved with this call. What is really interesting to see is if this Koch guy really is a billionaire I wonder what he thinks of someone impersonating him? Identify theft? It's not wise to steal a billionaire's identity and expect to walk away clean.
edit on 23-2-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
reply to post by Aggie Man
 
But remember it's important to know did this call original in Wisconsin, or across State lines, this could muddy the waters a bit.


I believe the call was across state lines, which would make it a federal issue. Regardless of Wisconsin state law, federal law would trump it. The federal law has already been cited and this prank call is perfectly legal within those terms.

However, there could potentially be a civil case against the prank caller, assuming Koch felt the desire to pursue such a thing. However, this would likely be protected under parody laws, as it was a prank for a radio station and they never presented it to the public as an authentic conversation between Koch and Walker.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I could actually care less if the recording was legal or not, I hope Koch or Walker sue Buffalo Beast over this, they'd love it, or at least the publicity from it.

But I don't expect that will be the response from Koch and his tool Walker, they'll ignore this issue and/or send in their drones to the public forums to drown it out with distractions. Cue HBGary and their software allowing one user to appear to be an army of personas.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man
 


well the guy that filmed the lewd video of children even though children weren't involved didn't seem to get a pass through "parody laws"

It seems to me that this Governor Walker is not the multi-headed monster that they are trying to make him out to be. I still am waiting to hear of anything illegal or unethical he may have said. The part about going to California is probably the closest but even then it is too vague.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by Aggie Man
 


well isn't this prank call attempting to defraud Walker in some way? Trying to humiliate him politically? Prank calls by themselves are illegal, so there's multiple violations involved with this call. What is really interesting to see is if this Koch guy really is a billionaire I wonder what he thinks of someone impersonating him? Identify theft? It's not wise to steal a billionaire's identity and expect to walk away clean.
edit on 23-2-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)



defraud:

to take away or withhold money, rights, property, etc., from (a person) by fraud


No defrauding went on in this call. Political humiliation is certainly not against the law...that goes down every day of the year and grows exponentially as elections near. Also, prank calls are only illegal if threats of violence are made or obscene language is used.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man
 



I would wager in the next 18 months we'll see two party consent get passed, in the midnight hours.

I wish people could actually just govern themselves, this way we wouldn't need politicians period.

Dare to dream.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
 



Thanks, and to his defense, the "corrupt" governor doesn't want agent provocateurs! He says that would make it seem like he has to compromise or the situation will get out of hand. This guy actually seems like a decent guy.


LOL...except for the part where he "thought about it".

Keep on twisting and trying to spin his words, it is quite entertaining.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by Aggie Man
 


well the guy that filmed the lewd video of children even though children weren't involved didn't seem to get a pass through "parody laws"

It seems to me that this Governor Walker is not the multi-headed monster that they are trying to make him out to be. I still am waiting to hear of anything illegal or unethical he may have said. The part about going to California is probably the closest but even then it is too vague.


I'm not familiar with the lewd video you speak of, got a link to the story?

I don't think Walker said anything illegal either; rather, he showed his true colors. Being a corporate puppet A-hole isn't a crime, but it certainly requires damage control before the next election.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
 


Well you've certainly had your say on whether this call was legal or not (I believe it is) and whether or not it actually happened (it did), now have you anything to say regarding the substance of the call - and the plainly obvious fact that Walker appears to be in the backpocket of the David Koch? This is a rather blatant example of a "bought-and-owned" politician as we've seen in a long time.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin
 


bottom line is, he said no. What twisting are you referring to? The more you seem to become agitated by my viewpoint the more I question why I should view Walker as a multi-headed monster. By the way, the thread says Prank call proves Koch owns Wisconsin gov. how does it prove he owns him exactly when he won't even go along with what he's suggesting?



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by filosophia
 


Well you've certainly had your say on whether this call was legal or not (I believe it is) and whether or not it actually happened (it did), now have you anything to say regarding the substance of the call - and the plainly obvious fact that Walker appears to be in the backpocket of the David Koch? This is a rather blatant example of a "bought-and-owned" politician as we've seen in a long time.


sure, I even addressed this in my next post. Koch asked if he would put agitators into the crowd, Walker says no. Most slaves obey their master, therefore, this seems like he is not owned.
edit on 23-2-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
things are about to get very nasty in WI.

The only thing this phone conversation proves
is that BOTH political parties are just as
equally evil and dishonest. But didn't
we know that already ???

It's time for an American reboot
without Republicans and Democrats.

It should be:

We the People,
not we the Democrats or Republicans.

and oh by the way, you would basically hear
the same conversation with a different agenda
if you were to listen to a Soros-Obama
phone conversation. How else did all those
out of state protesters show up on tour buses???

edit on 2/23/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by MindSpin
 


You are the one spinning something to try and fit your paradigm.

Appropriate name you have there.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
nevermind.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
77
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join


Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant