It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya alleges that Al-Qaeda set up emirate in country

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

It doesn't get me excited, quite the opposite, it infuriates me. But, I will tread lightly, as I do not want you to put me on your (profile) wall of dislike and pick apart my posts.

I will just point out the fact, that it is each persons right and nature, to process what they are reading and come to their own conclusion. I don't think it is your right to direct me in your direction. I picked up on a certain part of the article and commented on it. You may have focused on another portion.... Who are you to tell me how to comprehend the article? It specifically says that they are starting to impose and kill over Islamic law... Why can't I respond to that portion again?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

I said that it is not directly about religion. AQ have taken Islam and skewed it to their own ends. But that is neither here nor there, because it is highly unlikely that this claim is true. More likely a former crony of Ghaddafi wants to refocus the war on terror.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I don`t know how unlikely it is.

Al-Jama’a al-Islamiyyah al-Muqatilah bi-Libya was founded by Mujahideen that had returned to Libya from Afghanistan. They deny connection to al-Qaeda and apparently disagree with A-Q's attacks on Western civilians. They have committed terror attacks in Libya and tried to assassinate Gadhafi before, but they seem to avoid civilian targets.

I think that Gadhafi's government might be making a legitimate claim about the arrival of an Islamic emirate, bt maybe calling it A-Q was a misnomer.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

I could believe that, but not AQ. If I were a dictator, I would not allow safe haven that tried to kill me. Unless I knew the end was near anyway, and I wanted to screw over my enemies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have often wondered, considering mind-control techniques, what that insidious US naval base in Cuba is really about. When you think of the the different planes of torture induced there...why couldn't they facilitate multiple mind-controlled manchurian candidates? I mean what better veil? Think of all the suicide bombers, the gunmen, Davis, etc...Guantanamo could very well be an Arab Manchurian Candidate factory. Just consider this. I have wondered for some time about these poor men being sodomized, naked, tortured, having psy-ops of "voices of Mohammad" being blasted throughout the base...what is the mentall capacity and over all mental health...and were they being programmed for a bigger scheme than 9/11? I mean how can you say you don't believe the official story yet not put together WTF is going on with all these "al~qaeda pows"? Who decides who goes to Cuba and who stays at home? If we don't believe in the official story regarding AQ, then who are these men and where are they going and what will they do after 10 years of imprisoned torture? The inmates who are released from prison have very difficult times just after a few years sans intense torture and beligerant humiliation. Released into the ME? The US? Khadafi? Even a broken clock is right 2x a day. Just a consideration.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Some of you in the USA don't even realize, when people start to build up their own democracy.
You guys send your own youngsters to bring democracy and you only bring death and torture. Now these young people start their own revolution and some of you still are scared, that Islam and Al Qaida could rule you.

You are simply yellows. Like those leaders in the east. Don't want any changes, that make you fear for your good lifes, for oil prices, for being a..

The Middle East is in change and you can't stop it, as the rulers over there cannot stop it. Great young people dared to start this, while Iraq and Afghanistan suffer like they did before.

Democracy will come step by step. Maybe some countries will have to suffer from other crazy leaders for some time. But the arab people, especially the young ones, ask for an islamic democracy.

Can't imagine, what that is, whithout american soldiers in the background? Then sit back and watch. It will be amazing!

edit on 23-2-2011 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

They are there. Just not in uniform. The youth in Egypt want a secular democracy. Each country wants a different form as they have different needs. This is too complex for your generalized statements. Also, if you are Arab and or are there what are you doing on here? Why aren't you out working for change? If you are in a similar Islamic country but not an active one get ready. If you are wondered why Americans would want to change our lifestyles well then I don't understand. What happy person with life would want to change their life? In the past US was great...great jobs, nice houses, opportunity and applie pie and quiet summer nights filled with laughter and community and bonds worth cherishing in life. Do not confuse our usurped government with the backbone everyday Americans that actually make this country great. America, Canadians, and Mexicans too just like most places are ufull of many great and wonderful people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join