It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daytime UFO Fresno

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This object takes on some rather interesting shapes and forms. It reminds me of the 'apple' UFO from years ago which I can't remember the UFO-case it was from. Maybe Gulf Breeze? Whatever.............

Can this be a drone? But why would they need a drone hovering over a city?
This is one of the better videos I've seen in a while.

Description:

TODAY FEB 20th 2011 AT 12pm I SAW this shiny object in the sky while i observed and filmed this for almost 15 minutes as it headed east , i use a sony cam corder model trv-103 in new like condtion. i was zoomed in at about 20---300 times at close ups. it was in digital record mode. no sound , very little wind and partial sun shine , mostly cloudy. this object was bellow the clouds as you see.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Moves and looks like 2 mylar balloons. Could this also be an actual weather balloon? Those seem more rare than genuine UFOs.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I was just getting into it but it stops just after three minutes.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56

The video goes on for 11 minutes. Not sure what you're talking about. Could the video (YouTube) been buffering?.....because the guy doesn't stopping taping at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56

Fixed it now.
Dont know what it is though.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Moves and looks like 2 mylar balloons. Could this also be an actual weather balloon? Those seem more rare than genuine UFOs.

Nah.
The clouds are moving from left to right (suggesting that's the way the wind is blowing)
This object moves from right to left. Against the wind.

Plus: a balloon staying put (or in the general vicinity) for 11 minutes? Nah.

We've all seen balloons get away and float in the sky. They never stop unless they get caught in a whirlwind.
I doubt very much this is a balloon or lantern of any kind.

I lean more towards a military type drone or a good ol' UFO.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Weather balloon?

I doubt it. They fly 37km high...Prolly hard to spot w/ naked eye.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Honestly, I don't know enough about weather balloons to know their behavior.

Why would they still use weather balloons now that they have satellite, UAV, Doppler etc., technology? I don't know....seems very antiquated not to mention a great stand by excuse for UFO sightings. Look how successful they were in 1947 with it!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I have always wanted to be the first to say Trash bags, no wait, Venus, no wait, birds!
LOL! Sorry I could not resist. This is a very interesting video. I have seen some similar craft hovering also.

Thanks for sharing!

LS1.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

There are thousands of meteorological balloons released everyday around the world.

As a previous poster said, its funny that nobody ever photographs regular sounding balloons. Its always shape shifters from Zeta Reticuli, or at least secret government technology.

Anyone with a legitimate curiosity about the UFO phenomena would do well to educate themselves in basics like meteorology. 95% of UFO sightings are easily explained by the mundane, as this video testifies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
We have 11 mins of film but what happened after that?

Whether the object moved off, disappeared or whatever would help with identifying it. Without that, this is just something inanimate looking that could very likely be a balloon.
edit on 23-2-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: .

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
The clouds are moving from left to right (suggesting that's the way the wind is blowing)

Well, hard to tell since there's no fixed reference point on the ground (i-e: houses, buildings...) and the little we can see at the end of the vid doesn't tell that much.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
We have 11 mins of film but what happened after that?

Whether the object moved off, disappeared or whatever would help with identifying it. Without that, this is just something inanimate looking that could very likely be a balloon.
edit on 23-2-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: .

I believe the filmer's arm fell asleep!
We complain when there's not enough video and then complain when the video doesn't capture 10 hours of an object. Can we just take on face value what's been presented?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Well, hard to tell since there's no fixed reference point on the ground (i-e: houses, buildings...) and the little we can see at the end of the vid doesn't tell that much.

He most certainly did have reference points. He had the clouds and then at the end (when his arm was going limp) he got the roof top.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Interesting video but, sadly, I have to say it looks exactly like what I expect a weather/sounding balloon to look like when the sun hit it's shiny silver surface. It also moves exactly like a weather balloon would. The clouds are not necessarily a good indication of the winds direction above and below them. There are multiple currents of air moving in different directions at different altitudes.

The "morphing" is typical of a low end digital camera trying to zoom on something that is only a pixel or two in size, the CCD is "filling in" the pixels because of the reflection of the sun, the best it can... The CCD (Charge Coupled Device) takes light and turns into electricity at the pixel level. When there is only one or two pixels of light and that light is very bright, and "moving because it's being reflected, it tends to bleed over to the pixels around it, that causes the "morphing effect" (it's called "noise") especially when it's being magnified a couple hundred times by a lens.

Finally, I can't tell if this thing was moving at all. Without a reference point to estimate it's travel from it appears to me that the clouds were the only things moving. That being said, the shooter says it's moving to the left so I have no reason to doubt him and would assume the wind current where the object was is moving from the left to the right.

It's a cool video, but it's far from "100% proof" as he claims in his video title.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

A few years ago, I remember seeing a few different video's of this type of object. I actually labeled them as 'Pods' back then. One of the video's was shot by a news crew, from a two winged plane. They captured two of these objects about 20 meters apart.

I think we are seeing two of these 'pods' in close proximity. I'll have a search and see if I can dig up the video's.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewtra

A few years ago, I remember seeing a few different video's of this type of object. I actually labeled them as 'Pods' back then. One of the video's was shot by a news crew, from a two winged plane. They captured two of these objects about 20 meters apart.

I think we are seeing two of these 'pods' in close proximity. I'll have a search and see if I can dig up the video's.

What do you suppose 'pods' are and originate from?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Yes, the morphing is probably a distortion of air and object but........ even putting that aside, what could be hovering for 11+ minutes?
I mean, put yourself in his shoes. Wouldn't you be rather excited?

Typically, I'll see a "UFO" in the far off distance or........something passing by really fast (perhaps a satellite) but to have an object, regardless what it might be, in sight for that long is pretty impressive and questionable.

I'd find more conspiracy if this turns out to be human-made opposed to an off-world craft. Because then I'd have to ask what are they doing and why!?

PS. Every ones experience is unto them self. So if he felt this is 100% proof/evidence then, that's his opinion. We aren't here to judge any ones experience. We're here to experience our own life via others and to take (or leave) what's presented to us!
I woke up yesterday realizing everyone and everything matters. No matter how insignificant it might feel like.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewtra

What do you suppose 'pods' are and originate from?

To tell you the truth, I don't suppose anything, it's pointless, but I will tell you my opinion. I think we are being visited and the current sightings leads me to believe that there is something huge going down.
I don't think I need to spell it out to you and I appreciate your threads and concern. thanks.

I called them 'Pods' because I did not like 'Black top and bottom'. that was my original name for the ??
edit on 23/2/2011 by lewtra because: to add ? an extra question mark.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

IM THE GUY WHO FILMED THIS , IT SEEMS FUNNY TO ME NO ONE BOTHERS TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS AND PEOPLE ARGUE ALL OVER THE PLACE. THIS OBJECT WAS NO BALLOON AND IT WAS IN THE AIR FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES. AND HERES A LINK TO MY OTHER VIDEO SHOWING CLOSE UPS ON THIS OBJECT. PLEASE SEND THIS LINK AND TELL EVERYONE TO LOOK ! AND PLEASE EVERYONE TRY ASKING ME QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. AFTER ALL I FILMED IT ! THANKS .......ROBERT
link to close ups .....
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join