It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Uprising Could Mean $140-Plus Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia Uprising Could Mean $140-Plus Oil

www.cnbc.com

The events unfolding in Libya mark the first uprising in a major oil producing country this year, giving energy traders their first indication of where crude could climb if Mideast turmoil were to spread to Saudi Arabia or Iran.

“The Shiite population (compared to the Sunni ruling family) is more concentrated in the oil producing region. The workers could strike.”

I have a difficult time believing that the U.S. government would let the country fall into the hands of a different government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Could this be what this uprising is all about?
Oil?

Lately that's what it's looking like, the entire middle east revolution is just a facade where it's really about oil.

As you know there have been many talks of the U.S. being behind the uprising. Could it all be oil-centric?

Even Stalin spoke of leading the opposition, it wouldn't be anything new.

Thoughts?

www.cnbc.com

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Star, Flag and bump.

I want to see where this goes.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Like Egypt. We will most likely let the military take over until elections can be held.

Oil from there is not near as important as it was 8 years ago. Oil production is in decline, the Middle East has peaked. So prices are going to rise regardless.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I thought that this would be the case initially, after I found out that Libya has a ton of OIL over there.

So does anybody know of any US Warships or Troop movements that could indicate they're on their way to Libya?

If the US wants to get in their and take control of the Oil Pipelines / Fields before looney tunes Gadaffi blows them up, then the ball must be rolling somewhere.

I know the US are not far away off the coast of Iran so how long would it take for a couple of Carrier Groups to sail up from the Iranian Coast, through the Suez and park their butts of the Libian Beaches etc.?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Good find. S&F

It pays to keep an eye on what is happening in the Middle East. I think there is a lot more going on that is obvious at first glance.

You might want to read: Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack

I document stage three in that thread.

Are TPTB preparing a False flag to scare the public into accepting an even nastier and permanent version of the Patriot Act or as a start of WWIII? If you have any doubts that the US government would allow its own people to be killed, here are the historical facts showing that they have done so before and in exactly the same way to justify WAR. Read: Days of Infamy and The War on Terrorism

The formula, as shown in those articles is:
The first stage is to aggravate, literally to goad the "enemy" until they had no choice but to strike back (sound familiar?) US Diplomat Guilty of Murder: Pakistan Police Report and the update Us Caught in Big Lie

This snippet from that news story leads us to the second stage of the tried and true formula: The second prong of the strategy is to insulate.

Furthermore, the US government, according to the Guardian, induced major US news organizations to hide what they knew about Davis's real role from the American public. The paper reported that several US news organizations had also learned on their own that Davis is a spy, but then voluntarily withhheld the information from the American public "at the request of the Obama administration," which preferred to stick to the fictional story line that Pakistan is holding an American "diplomat" in "violation of the Vienna Convention" on diplomatic immunity.

What is very interesting about the stoy is that it was declared a HOAX yet when I googled the story using US pakistan diplomat murder

I came up with two stories in the Guardian UK confirming the "facts".

American who sparked diplomatic crisis over Lahore shooting was CIA spy: www.guardian.co.uk...

AND

A CIA spy, a hail of bullets, three killed and a US-Pakistan diplomatic row: www.guardian.co.uk...

The second prong of the strategy is to insulate. Keep the victims (that's us) from getting the information needed to protect themselves. Dir. of Nat. Intel lies to Congress or adopts politically correct stance on Muslim Brotherhood and Arizona Governor Jan Brewer asks Obama's Admin. for help and is told the borders are more secure than ever before Meanwhile out of the other side of her mouth Napolitano is saying to Congress The terrorist threat to the U.S. homeland has continued to "evolve" and may now "be at its most heightened state" since the September 11, 2001, terror attacks pointing the finger at "homegrown terrorists" that is Americans. Gee, I wonder why they are stirring up Union and Teaparty protests.

The third and final stage is to Facilitate the attack: make it easy by offering no opposition. Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack

I outline how Homeland UNsecurity removed hundreds of border patrol agents from the Mexican Border, derailed the border fence authorized by Congress in 2006 and then cancels the Border Fence Project in January of this year. Ms. Napolitano justified to lawmakers a 30 percent budget reduction for U.S. Customs and Border Protection. (March 17, 2010) Finally in June and July of this year three of the four border states are losing their National Guard troops Worse while Minuteman civilian patrols are keeping an eye out for illegal border crossers, the U.S. Border Patrol is keeping an eye out for Minutemen -- and telling the CORRUPT Mexican government where they are!

Here is the reality on the border:

Administration Will Cut Border Patrol Deployed on U.S-Mexico Border - September 24, 2009
Even though the Border Patrol now reports that almost 1,300 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border is not under effective control, and the Department of Justice says that vast stretches of the border are “easily breached,” and the Government Accountability Office has revealed that three persons “linked to terrorism” and 530 aliens from “special interest countries” were intercepted at Border Patrol checkpoints last year, the administration is nonetheless now planning to decrease the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Mexico border....

....the Obama administration on May 7 said the Border Patrol “plans to move several hundred Agents from the Southwest Border...

Openning the borders wide to "invite attack" as the government did at Pearl Harbor in 1941, is the only explanation for this insanity.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Oil as a resource and its price is fully dependent on manufacturing needs. Based on current manufacturing output in this economic turmoil, the price rises are absolutely unjustifiable.

There will be many unconscionable acts being perpetrated by gamblers on wall street to use any reason to push up the price of oil. Oit is another commodity, a gambling chip to enrich others, more the elites whom have the huge funds to move the markets, EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF PRECIOUS HUMAN LIVES LOST.

While we cannot stem the greed by the unscrupulous gambling elites with their financial hoards, we can still control, manage and loose our fears with facts and realities.

Let them raise it up, while we must curb and control our energy consumption, to tide over this tumultous period in the ME. It will not last indefinately, and those whom had been speculating will be caught with huge paper losses once the price of oil drops to its real levels to match manufacturing needs and stable output stratum.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The US will do nothing. Several Reasons,one is that around 85% of Lybias Oil (saw a report on that on Al Jazeera) goes to Europe,another is they they are somewhat hated there currently.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thankfully obama put in that ban on drilling here in the US. It's so simple. Put thousands back to work, drilling, thousands more building refineries, all in the mean time putting people to work on alternitive energy sources.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Chance321 because: ?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

And if your "beloved US" gets there , THINGS WILL BE BETTER?!
That's what they, YOU "BELOVED USA" WHANTS!
To take control of the oil reserves!
And after that to force us to pay EXACTLY HOW MUCH THEIR ARSES WHANT!
How can naive people like you even exist?!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

USA is VERY HATED ALL OVER THE WORLD for your good informationa..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

The NWTO part of the States does not to anything yet there waiting for the middle east threats, there hoping the people ignorance will over sight there emotions and retaliate

Aliah speaks a solution of playing the media game, you offer the states and euro fair prices for oil without the t-bill depts You correct them on there behavior that is not of aliah
use the internet to voice your community.
Aliah says your must love them like a broken brother.
A huting people will hurt others including the people they love most

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by Shenon

USA is VERY HATED ALL OVER THE WORLD

Nope. USA is not Hated all over the world. Only those who hate USA, or want others to believe such hatred exists, will want to spread such hate.

All humans are the same, regardless of our differences, for we have common aspirations, laugh, cry and bleed the same.

If there are any hatred right now, it is for those who claimed to be leaders, economic and political, whom had misled us all, divided us, and cause us brother to hate brother.

You and I, only common people, do not hate each other, for we had done nothing wrong to each other, nor even know each other, and perhaps we might have helped each other at some point in time when our paths crossed unaware.

It's time to get off the blue pill.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Could this be what this uprising is all about?
Oil?

Lately that's what it's looking like, the entire middle east revolution is just a facade where it's really about oil.

As you know there have been many talks of the U.S. being behind the uprising. Could it all be oil-centric?

Even Stalin spoke of leading the opposition, it wouldn't be anything new.

Thoughts?

www.cnbc.com

Fascinating! The US orchestrated MASSIVE protests in various middle eastern nation's so that oil prices will rise even higher! Brilliant!

And Stalin! Great point! Stalin lead people, just like Obama!

I mean, I'm okay with people protesting, as long as they are white (except for college kids,, hippies and union thug teachers and firefighters, of course) but these arabs protesting to not get beaten in the streets by the police is clearly terrorism,which is likely organized by Obama, because he knows the american people will all re-elect him if gas prices rise.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Thankfully obama put in that ban on drilling here in the US. It's so simple. Put thousands back to work, drilling, thousands more building refineries, all in the mean time putting people to work on alternitive energy sources.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Chance321 because: ?

i see. so, if i follow, massive protests all over the middle east are because obama wont let bp spill another ten million gallons of oil in our gulf waters?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Actually people got it wrong, our main sources of oil do not comes from the middle east refined oil is.

Americas number one supplier of oil is Canada, followed by Mexico and then the middle east.

Top 5 in the list,

CANADA 1,975
MEXICO 1,229
SAUDI ARABIA 1,119
VENEZUELA 884
NIGERIA

The middle east has been wanting to get all the nations that supplies oil to have an oil hike to get 5 dollars on gas in the US since before the market crash.

But still the prices in the US are control by the US markets no the middle east, something that people in the US have no clue about.

It is the speculators and our own US markets the ones that are making the prices go up.

Is not reason for prices of oil to be at the highs they are right now, is not shortage at all

US is an oil producing country that rather take away from the rights to the natural resources the nation have that belong to the people for money making scams.

Our most profitable oil wells are in the hands of foreign nations that comes around to sell the oil back to us for profits.

Wake up people,the prices of gas have not reason to be where they are right now

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

While I agree with your basic point that gas prices are based more on speculation than any real issues with supply, it does seem relevant to point out that if oil-availability is effected in one part of the market, it will effect the entire market.

new topics

top topics

join