It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 20... Saudi Arabia protests?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There is a Facebook page stating "Saudi Revolution March 20. On this page it lists 9 demands:
1 – a constitutional monarchy between the king and government.
2 – a written constitution approved by the people in which governing powers will be determined.
3 – transparency, accountability in fighting corruption
4 – the Government in the service of the people
5 – legislative elections.
6 – public freedoms and respect for human rights
7 – allowing civil society institutions
8 – full citizenship and the abolition of all forms of discrimination.
9 – Adoption of the rights of...
www.facebook.com...

You think Oil prices are high now?
Saudi Arabia would be the MAJOR domino to fall in the middle east.
Since it looks like these revolts are being driven through the social media, this would be good to keep an eye on.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

It's BS (like all the Facebook ...)

Saudi Arabia it's closely tide to those ... BUSH !
They will kill them to the last one before they know it ...
what revolution?!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is the beginning of the end. WW3 is just around the corner.. Everyone should get their stock piles in order.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Bah ,sit tight and don't panic,More lives are lost cause of panic than are lost to enemy fire.None of this means the end of the world.The people of the middle east are waking up to the fact that they are opressed.They want better government than they have.They have learned through media and social networking that the rest of the world is better off than they are,and they want that to.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

True, but these revolutions will have other ramifications, namely, a short-term hike in gas prices until things stabilize. Once again, we'll see the impact of this on the economy, as such hikes raise prices on everything (as everything is shipped or driven to market).

Protests seem to be happening everywhere in the middle east, first we saw Egypt, now Libya, and even less reported, are those happening in Bahrain and Yemen, and other nations. It really seems to be boiling to a head. My guess is that the King of Bahrain didn't just leave on a trip, but went into safe exile. I guess we'll see in a few days or less if that prediction is true.

While it won't lead to WW3, it will still be bad news for the West until we end our dependence (and our economy's dependence) on foreign oil.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Right you are.It will mean some discomfort for the rest of the world temporarily,but I wonder what it will mean long term?Must be kind of a suprise to TPTB.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure they'd be all for democracies in the Middle East. Heck, who's to say that these uprisings weren't planned and instigated by TPTB?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

A valid point I have given it some thought but have drawn no conclusions yet.I can't quite see what the TPTB would gain from having democracies in the Middle East. It seems to me that it would be somewhat counterproductive for them to acheive their goals.At least the goals pertaining to control of the oil.As far as Uncle Mohmar he would be easier to deal with cause he is easily distracted by shiney things.I mean he is clearly wacked in the head.The saudi royal family has many friends here in the US.I would think that unseating them would throw a monkey wrench in the works of TPTB.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't think they want to control the oil.
I think they want the Middle East to continue to drain their oil fields dry. Then, TPTB can tap their own oil reserves, and be the sole providers.

We've got more oil in the Dakotas than in all of Saudi Arabia, for example. Similar story in parts of Alaska.

Of course, I could be way wrong here too. Eventually, we'll move away from such dependence as other fuels and power methods become more commonplace (and more green).

TPTB or not though, something is sure stirring up the Middle East, and it's getting uglier before it gets better. Yemen and Bahrain seem primed to pop, and even Saudi Arabia is seeing some stirrings. I doubt we'd see it in Saudi though, as the Shiite population there is in the vast minority...and the monarchy isn't so despised. (and the King has made a lot of "pro people" gestures as of late, during his medical recovery).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

America is sitting on the largest natural gas reserves in the world that is more eco friendly than gasoline and its everywhere from Pacific to the Gulf, Atlantic and every state inbetween. Economists and those that wish to get us off oil dependency have been arguing for years to switch from oil and coal to natural gas. Unfortunately I think they TPTP will wait until they suck us dry with $8 gasoline before we start to move in that direction.

edit on 23-2-2011 by sensible thought because: mispelled

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible thought

You may be right. They definitely seem to be waiting for SOMETHING....
As I said though, we're actually even sitting on the largest oil reserves also, we just don't tap them. I don't think we've even built a new refinery in the last 30 years due to all the regulation of the industry.

Even if we did start to try and tap some of it, it would take about ten years before full production could be realized (barring an emergency need).

join