It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem lawmaker on labor protests: 'Get a little bloody when necessary'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

this has been my point all along...unions and their supporters relish violence and strong-arm tactics when attempting to have their needs met....

My Dad started a Union at pocketbooks. Then the big dogs moved in and beat the crap out of my Dad and threatened to kill his family. We pulled up roots and moved 500 miles away, leaving behind all my relatives on both sides.

Unions are nothing but legalized thugs just like the Bankers are legalized fraudsters. In forty years I have never seen a union do anything that did not put money into the big shots pockets.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Oh, I see-----when caught in yet another hypocrisy, you finally made a concession, albeit one that was unrelated to the GOP rhetoric from LAST YEAR which I provided. See, the difference is, you originally implied that officials on the right had never uttered such rhetoric----you said you "would" condemn them "if they ever would" use such language. And I pointed out examples that made your implication that the GOP had never done such a thing rightfully appear silly. So you gave your own example of someone within the last few days saying something you condemn.

Try owning up to the fact that the GOP has used this language for a long time---not "rarely and never before now" as you implied. Then I'll believe you've actually addressed the issue and aren't a shill and hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I would say the exact same thing about the GOP. Thugs, thieves, criminals and heartless a-holes, the lot of them. I've never seen them one time in my whole life do anything except for rich people. The GOP hates the common man, and they will be the death of our country. They've also been undeniably linked to Satanists and baby-eaters.

See how easy it is to make silly assertions with nothing to back it up? We can do this all day. Come on.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Unfortunately to a lot of people who can remember, that is exactly what protesting meant.

Getting hurt, arrested, even killed. I believe some people in some other countries can currently relate. Sometimes people have to give of themselves for the greater good.

Yes, it seems more akin to
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." from Q on Star Trek TNG

Now this guy can really whip up the masses

"The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. ... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. " TJ

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by works4dhs
this is getting zero coverage in the national news
good catch; if not for this thread I'd probably have never heard of this.
dems and unions are joined at the hip and they are taking this very, very seriously.

Not sure what state or country you live in, but this is all over the MSM, from wisconsin, to Ohio, whose democratic lawmakers fled their state to prevent any type of vote on unions.

obviously the walkout etc are in the news. the dem's 'get bloody' comment (the topic of the thread) was NOT reported widely.
if a Republican said that, of course, it would be all over the place.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Anybody who still believes at this point that "Left" and "Right" has anything to do with any pertinent reality other then their hands and feet and lips, needs to take their juvenile fanatacies to an inconsequential sand box somewhere else.

Freespeech zones ( ha ha cages) were installed around the corner and down the street just for you...
by both parties

cause while the left right idiot bashing goes merrily along
the real culprits are taking nudie pictures of your wife and kids.
and pawing their genitals.
tough guys

edit on 26-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join