It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pterodactyl Sighting Flathead Lake, Montana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Pterodactyl Sighting

This is a link to a video of pictures of a Pterosaur at Flathead Lake, Montana. The pictures look genuine but with no other information this needs to be researched to verify. I included a link to Wiki of that the pictures look like and some background information.

______beforeitsnews/story/438/412/Pterodactyl_Sighting.html

en.wikipedia.org...

In the pictures, it seems to be a juvenile based on the size in Wiki, or this could be a smaller version like all other dinosaurs that have made it to this day and age. Are there any anthropologist on to confirm or deny the legitimacy of these photos?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
good pics
thx for sharing

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am researching and it looks to be from 2008, here are some other links of the history of Pterodactyl/Pterosaur sightings.
paranormal.about.com...
paleo.cc...

Since this sighting was 2008, has it been debunked or is this still a mystery, anyone?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think the guy might be pulling somebodies leg.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page here, it has a picture of the same radio controlled pterodactyl.

texascryptidhunter.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Real cool! I just love this stuff. Even if someone "created" this, they are good(looks real to me). Flag for you

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
yeah the fact that it never flaps its wings seems a bit odd to me. I'm thinking electronics are involved.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I saw some pictures the other day of another pterodactyl sighting and I'm having a very hard time believing it. I guess my primary question is; Don't pterodactyls ever have to flap their wing to remain airborne? I mean every photo I've seen is of them gliding with their wings fully extended like some sort of model airplane. Do they just jump off a cliff like a hang glider or do they flap their wings like a bird and why are there no photos of them flapping?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
yeah, im kinda skeptical of this one. i was hoping for a moving video, not just slides of a still frame image. still interesting though

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I agree Pazcat, this can be faked based on that video you posted, a video or picture of the wings flapping would be nice. The :42 - :46 second mark show a close up to say the remote controlled one and this one are different but close enough to doubt this is not the real deal.......
edit on 23-2-2011 by coolhanddan because: misspelled Pazcat

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Scroll down to the bottom of the page here, it has a picture of the same radio controlled pterodactyl.

I agree.. the image here looks pretty similar to one of the pics.. Course this image itself is weird as it looks like the bird was photoshopped into the picture... Maybe just a camera artifact?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Ah I was just going to say I bought an RC pterodactyl kit at a hobby shop in north NJ and crashed it on a beach in south NJ

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
alright, hmm. OK, ahh. Due too lack of substantial evidence im going to say that the most logical answer is the right one in that its electronic. Thats not too say its impossible, as there has been evidence a extinct woodpecker is here in florida.

[url=http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/09/060926-woodpecker.html]http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/09/060926-woodpecker.html[/ur l]

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Exactly what I was thinking. Whenever I see one of these 'sightings' I think of the radio controlled pterodactyl in the movie "War Games".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Its an RC. The legs are the antennas. They sell them at Wal mart in Bozeman, Missoula and Helena.

But...

I REALLY wish one time it would be a real one!
edit on 2/24/2011 by Humint1 because: Content

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's not an RC. Well, technically it is, but it's from the movie "War Games".

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Exactly what I was thinking. Whenever I see one of these 'sightings' I think of the radio controlled pterodactyl in the movie "War Games".

Yes, exactly.

Just some screenshots from this (8:00):

War Games Pterodactyl
edit on 25-2-2011 by ClemsonME2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i'd need to see it in action to make an informed decision

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by doobiefillin

Me too, after making the thread I looked at all the sightings and what do you know, they are all still pictures. Hopefully these people will upgrade their phones and get a video next time.

new topics

top topics

join