It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO near the sun - NASA shuts down SOHO LASCO 3 camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I wonder if this is why LASCO C3 is not showing any images. Usually when it's down it's for a "bakeout" to clean the camera lens, but today it's simply turned off. Take a look at what flew past the sun.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Couldnt that just be a meteor?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

What else can these sons .... do these days besides shutting down everything ?!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That was the first thing I thought until I saw they shut down the wide range camera "LASCO 3". As soon as I saw that, a red flag went up, I debated it in my mind, decided I couldn't trust them, and posted to get the info out there so that the skilled ATS members could figure it out, maybe from other solar sites I don't know about.

But it just doesn't seem to look like a meteor trail to me. I would like to know what it is though.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

But it just doesn't seem to look like a meteor trail to me

Can you please explain to me how you came to this conclusion.. I mean what would one look like?

What would a meteor tail look like?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think the one on the right is more intriguing. It has a curved path. Meteors and such fly straight unless acted upon by a gravitational pull. Judging by the size of it, if it were close enough to have that much effect on its trajectory, that body would rival the size of earth. Something questionable happened here... no question (no pun intended), but what?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

I think "TomServo" said it correctly. When a meteor or comet gets pulled by the sun it's course changes accordingly and the trail is not straight. That's why it just seems too strange to me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You know whats funny, there was a thread about nasa, and i posted 2 videos from SOHO that had the exact same thing, except it honestly looked like a ship, and was tilted and you could see the underside, but sadly NO ONE paid attention and its gone off their website.
edit on 23-2-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I see a few streaks too! Maybe its raliens invading from the planet Zargon! ... sorry... couldn't help myself.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join