It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic Punished Me For Offending It - Help Please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hello, my name is Paul. I've been a lurker for a long time and I do have a considerable amount of knowledge regarding various subjects discussed on ATS. I have traveled extensively around the world, a fact for which I am grateful.

The reason I decided to finally come out of the shadows, so to speak, is because I do have a rather unusual problem. Basically, I have offended magic. Yes, this is a simplification of matters, a reification, but appropriate in this case. Magic punished me for offending it and showing me just how real it is (yes, I called it a fake).

If anyone on here, who happens to read this introduction, is familiar with magical matters, and I mean reality-bending type of situations rather than mere dabbling and pretentious rituals, then please u2u me. I am reluctant to discuss the details publically, as this is only going to result in widespread condemnation, no offense toward ATS members intended, I already know what pros and cons are.

Apart from that, I look forward to fervent intellectual exchanges!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
sounds like you are screwed dude.

don't mess with magic.

i seen all the movies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS ! Now for a word of caution. There are several here who are going to SWARM to this telling you of magical lotions and potions. I have no idea if they are just trying to yank your chain or actually believe, but I've seen all sorts of recommendations for "curing" a aura, soul or whatever it is. Watch out or you may find yourself getting an herbal colon cleansing while somebody is chanting over you.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There was a time in my life i considered learing magick, just to see what i might be able to do. I decided against the idea because of the posibility that i might do something i can't undo.

Theres been a few discussions on these forums about summoning spirits and magick use. I find it funny when people just out right disbelieve in such things. I always say the same thing....Don't believe in it? Give it a try...

I've had my dealings with the spiritual world, and though they were very small, almost insignifigent, from those i've learned not to assume. Not to dabble in things i don't understand. Especially when it comes to magick

In fact they are very real, and can be very dangerous.

I do wish you would elaborate more as to what happened to you...Though i don't blame you if you won't...

Good luck my friend

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I've stated that magic is fake many, many times in my life, and it has yet to "punish" me.
Obviously I don't know the details of your situation, but I'd imagine that something has happened that you're reading to much into. Relax, you're not being punished.

Oh, and welcome to ATS. It appears you'll fit right in.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I've stated that magic is fake many, many times in my life, and it has yet to "punish" me.
Obviously I don't know the details of your situation, but I'd imagine that something has happened that you're reading to much into. Relax, you're not being punished.

Oh, and welcome to ATS. It appears you'll fit right in.

Sorry man Magic isn't fake....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thecursedone

Speaking from a purely academic point of view: Magic only has as much power over you as you give it. There is a symbiotic relationship between your belief in the potential effects of magic and the real world effects that it can have upon you and your life.

The boogieman, as it were, will assume your own mental image of it.

To quote a pretty good book... Fear is the mindkiller.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

You don't have to be sorry. Feel free to believe whatever you like.
I'll do likewise.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Stop messing around with it. It's not like Harry Potter where you're flying around on brooms and crap.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just imagine you're the person who doesnt believe in magic and you are. Just like the coroner who will examine your corpse someday and mark it on a piece of paper as whatever number corpse you are in his long line of corpses to deal with that day and never remember your name or care for who you were.
edit on 23-2-2011 by thisisnotaname because: grammar

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

You don't have to be sorry. Feel free to believe whatever you like.
I'll do likewise.

Some things exist regardless of your belief...

Why would a man such as Alister Crowley write so many books on the subject if it was fake? The man was brilliant, though he might have been a little off the wall....brilliant none the less.

Read a few of his manuscripts, they might change your mind

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you think about it... fundamentally... reality is manifested from code... whether it's mathematical, genetic, or common language....all are just different forms of code.

The Word Became Flesh

John 1: 1-5
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."

Reality (flesh) manifested from code (the Word).

In a sense, all reality is magick. Choose your words carefully.

~Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thecursedone

Oh, and realizing that this is an intro thread a few minutes after the fact...

Hello thecursedone, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Off Topic, One Liners, and Backscratching Posts.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Hefficide,
ATS member and Moderator.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Some things exist regardless of your belief...

Maybe so, but magic isn't one of them.
Yeah, I've read Crowley and lots of other stuff on the subject.
I have yet to see any evidence at all that magic is anything other than self delusion or parlor tricks.
Obviously you have a different opinion. More power to you.

Enchant (or whatever) in good health.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

yes...and to each his own belief.

As i've said though i chose not to dabble. In the time we live in magic has been glamorized by movies and other popular media. The problem is when someone decides to give the reality of it a go. Im not talking about hocus pocus bullcrap, there are real spells, real summons. It takes time and practice, along with accurate reading of the spells and conjurations. Without the appropreate protections you can get yourself in a heap of trouble...

I only hope theres someone that can help this guy if he is in fact.....in trouble.

My only suggestion is to find a white witch....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Sorry to hear about your problem.

I messed with magic in my youth and had a tragic & frightening experience. I did the formula and waved my hand over the hat. When I reached in that cute & innocent looking little bunny bit a chunk out of my hand. I bled, I screamed, it was awful, I learned my lesson. Well I say I learned my lesson; I still pull a quarter out from behind the ear of a wee one on occasion.

Okay, this is a serious matter: You mess with it and it will mess with you. Hefficide gave you some good advice: Ignore it and walk away.

Others will tell you how to me more proficient in dealing with it.: Ignore them and walk away.

How Did Magic(k) work out for some of the most noted practioners of all times? Not very well. Check this out. Goodluck.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecursedone
Hello, my name is Paul. I've been a lurker for a long time and I do have a considerable amount of knowledge regarding various subjects discussed on ATS. I have traveled extensively around the world, a fact for which I am grateful.

The reason I decided to finally come out of the shadows, so to speak, is because I do have a rather unusual problem. Basically, I have offended magic. Yes, this is a simplification of matters, a reification, but appropriate in this case. Magic punished me for offending it and showing me just how real it is (yes, I called it a fake).

If anyone on here, who happens to read this introduction, is familiar with magical matters, and I mean reality-bending type of situations rather than mere dabbling and pretentious rituals, then please u2u me. I am reluctant to discuss the details publically, as this is only going to result in widespread condemnation, no offense toward ATS members intended, I already know what pros and cons are.

Apart from that, I look forward to fervent intellectual exchanges!

Cheers!

Hey there and welcome to the site.

Ok let's talk about your 'problem' ... I don't think an open forum is the place to discuss without knowing the details first.

If you choose to share the details of the situation with me maybe a u2u is the best way to go ... if you don't have enough points yet then you can email me;

[email protected]

And if I'm in a position to advise you I will ... if I can't then I may be able to put you in touch with someone who can (until I know the details I can't say for certain).

If you would like to know my credentials I have been a practicing 'solitary' for 22yrs and also learned by my mistakes in the early days (best way to learn because you sure as hell won't make the same mistake twice)

Don't mind some of the derogative comments you read here ... you have to understand that all that most people know about Magick is what they see in films (god bless Hollywood) or a bit of New-Age dabbling etc

Woody

top topics

join