It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats really going on here?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
hi fellow ats'ers, hopefully im going to generate some discussion today on what exactly is happening on our planet and hopefully get to the reasons behind it.

Ive been reading some of the excellent threads that have been made on here today so i hope that i can live up to the standard.

Now im sure most of you like myself have noticed the very strange goings on here on earth the past year or so, with regards to earthquakes, volcanic activity, and just down right odd weather.

I know that there will be paople who will say "this happens all the time" but i have to say in the 32 years ive been on this planet NEVER have i seen so many disasters happening in such a small space of time, i understand that we do have the odd earthquake or volcanic eruption, but to witness so many in the space of about a year i just find odd.

So im going to provide links spanning back to 2010 (i choose to do this because if i do just recent activity it wont show the bigger picture) and into 2011, from there i hope we can all chip in and discuss what we believe the reasons are, and maybe if its a prelude to something bigger.

So here goes, ill start with weather,

i think we can all agree that the weather witnessed near the end of 2010 into 2011 was odd...

but is it really natural? or perhaps being engineered? i mean they bang on about global warming and reducing our carbon footprint yet we had one of the worst winters in years...

poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com...

then we have cyclone yasi, on top of a an already flooded queensland..

climateprogress.org...

and then cyclone ului hits australia on top of that, article and video news report provided in link

www.telegraph.co.uk...

there was two more cyclones that hit australia on top of those, cyclone bianca and another on the 15th february.

below is a link to a good website, that deals with weather anomalies, the bird deaths etc,

www.xnewsarchive.com...

Ok so now onto earthquakes..

below is a link to USGS website, that shows all the 6 and above earthquakes in 2011 alone...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

below is an article about the new madrid fault released by USGS

www.usgs.gov...

and im sure you have heard about the activity surrounding arkansas but il provide a link anyway.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

now volcanic ERUPTIONS...

a link to USGS global volcanism programme, detailing the volcanic activity this month alone...

www.volcano.si.edu...

now with all this activity, then we have the magnetic pole shift and all the bird and fish deaths as well as other mammals, dolphins , whales, crabs, and cows?, also the cracks that are appearing over the place, sinkholes, something odd is happening ...is it an outside source?

perhaps a giant planet or brown dwarf entering our solar system?

viewzone2.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

maybe a prelude to an actual pole shift/earth crust displacement?
or maybe comet elenin coming round

who knows but your thought would be appreciated.

*sorry its all links i dont know how to embed*

thanks for your time

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

When people say "this happens all the time" it doesn't necessarily mean in your 32 years of life. It means in the course of the history of the planet. Also, you have to remember that technology has given us avenues such as the internet in recent years to get news that we didn't used to get. Technology picks up more earthquake activity now than it did 20 years ago. Without the internet, and the ability it provides for you to get news from an unlimited amount of sources, many of the things that are happening would go by without us ever knowing about it.

Thinks about it this way: In the past, if a few thousand fish died in Maine, and I live in Texas, I would never know that it happened before the internet. Not an excuse for the things going on, and not a dismissal of your thoughts, but I think the overload of news available now makes things appear to happen more often than in the past simply because we didn't know in the past.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

very true...but we have also had other forms of media, such as news and radio for many years, so surely such things would have been reported by those sources, and if not the question then is why?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The proliferation of local news becoming national, and even international, in a matter of minutes is definitely a consideration in looking at world events. And we must also add that the media themselves are always looking for something, anything to report on. It's their bread and butter so to speak. Then add in manipulation of the media as a whole, and the capability to fear monger is at an all time high in recent history.

However, the same medium that is used to proliferate all this bad news, and fear mongering, can also be used, along with a library, and a few phone calls, to seperate the tares from the wheat.

So a little research will go a long way in determining what is common, and what is not. Even with the spike in technology, good information can be garnered and compared. So I think both sides of this issue have the tools to be more conclusive. It's just a matter of using the resources at our fingertips.

I believe what we have going on in this world, is a group of people who are using natural and unnatural events to fear monger, exacerbating things where, and when they can. And pushing the whole world via a series of events to a crescendo.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have no adequate explanation for the unprecidented activity we're experiencing here on our planet.

One thing that makes me wary of committing to the idea that it is all engineered, is the fact that the other planets in the Solar System are also undergoing never-before-recorded changes.

Whenever I hear or read about people saying that this has always been the case, I remember back to before the internet when scientists weren't so guarded - back then it was common knowledge to most educated folk that this world and our advancing civilisations were well overdue a cataclysmic change, as is well recorded in our geological history.
Massive, destructive change that causes extinctions and upheaves the life on this planet, has always happened and will do so again - it's obvious to those who remember, that this is the beginning of such a change, but as to the time it takes? It could all go pear-shaped in two, or two hundred years. The important fact is though, it's now happening, and with more vigor than was initially expected.

Perhaps the experts thought we'd just get a steady, year-after-year, predictable increase in activity until they could difinitively say "Yes, it's now happening"...I don't know.

The fact is, is that only around ten-twenty years ago, our models were showing such catastrophic changes to be hundreds of years into our future...sadly it looks as though we got the timescale very wrong.
I must admit, even back then I thought they were exaggerating the time it would take.
Unfortunately, I doubt there will be anyone in a position of credibility willing to jepordise their career by today reminding the public of what we knew was going to happen years ago and that they might just have got their dates wrong.

In conclusion, I consider the current 'Angry Earth' to be something our myths & legends warned us about. Like, it's odd how all of a sudden, around the time this all happened last time (approx. 5,000 years ago), Neolithic Man across the globe suddenly changed from single standing megaliths to detailed, astronomical 'calendars' that paid seemingly obsessive attention to the study and understanding of their/our Solar System...it could just be me, but I feel that the huge effort, manpower and time dedicated to that sudden change of their traditions points to something of importance now, considering we have already discerned a pattern of historical catastrophic occurrances on the planet Earth.

Perhaps they were inadvertantly warning us of the pattern this Earth gores through - a pattern so long to complete that only those living thousands of years ago would remember it...how would such information survive intact to reach us today, if not through myth & legend?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I want to point out that, even if the natural events that we're now witnessing are completely within the range of normalcy for our planet (which I totally believe they are), it is also with the range of normalcy on Earth for there to be mass extinctions. I have heard more than a couple people say that we shouldn't be concerned with recent activity simply because it's nothing new...but extinction-level events are also nothing new. Add to this the fact that we are now much more vulnerable (for instance, geomagnetic fluctuations/reversals, that would barely have fazed the dinosaurs, can now be catastrophic on our technology-based society) and we should certainly be watchful.

As for me, I've been keeping a list of all noteworthy events of 2011, from rich people disappearing to birds dying, and I'm very cautiously watching for a pattern, or anything that could indicate something "bigger" that we should be concerned about. So far, nothing more than coincidences have jumped out at me (although, there are, admittedly, a lot of coincidences lately), but, while I may be relatively quiet now (in fact, I've been adamantly arguing against Nibiru and related insanity), I will be one of the first to acknowledge that life as we know it may very well be in trouble if the "coincidences" start to outweigh the reasonable explanations.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As some folks have pointed out, the Internet tends to make us all a lot more aware of issues we might have never heard of before. I read a recent editorial in the Montreal Gazette about this exact issue:
Montreal Gazette article

In 1954, a July hailstorm in Alberta killed more than 148,000 ducks. No international media response.

In the spring of 1964, adverse pack-ice conditions along the coast of the Beaufort Sea in North America caused the deaths of 100,000 migrating ducks by starvation. No international media response.

In the spring of 1975 in Nebraska, avian cholera knocked off 25,000 ducks and 300 crows. No international media response.

On New Year's Eve in 2010, 5,000 red-winged blackbirds dropped dead out of the sky in Beebe, Ark. All hell breaks loose, and the news travels to every part of the globe.

edit on 23-2-2011 by LS650 because: ---

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LS650

The current problem is not that there are die-offs, as there always has been, it's that the vast majority of recent cases were and still are, unexplainable.

There's no issue when we can say it's because of "so-and-so", it's when the experts rub their heads and go "Umm..." that people start to take interest.

That's what's worrying a lot of folk - the fact that things are happening which are not in line with our knowledge of these things.

As for Arkansas, that was just when the US media got interested. Here in the UK there has been newspaper reports of unexplainable animal deaths going back from the late 80's - early 90's.
The 'experts' were at one point concerned that our mobile phone towers were the cause of all the UK birds dying so unusually. Now they just don't know...
edit on 23-2-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
reply to post by LS650

The current problem is not that there are die-offs, as there always has been, it's that the vast majority of recent cases were and still are, unexplainable.

There's no issue when we can say it's because of "so-and-so", it's when the experts rub their heads and go "Umm..." that people start to take interest.

That's what's worrying a lot of folk - the fact that things are happening which are not in line with our knowledge of these things.

I understand that, I was merely using that as an example of something that has happened in the past, but we didn't hear about it because news was not as prolific as it is today with the internet and a billion cable news outlets. I don't know how old you are, but I can remember when I had 4 stations to choose from for my television options.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Recent events have definitely attracted my attention, so of course I've been zooming all over the internet looking for a balanced view on it. On the one hand, I don't want to work myself into a froth & use it as a way to escape my day-to-day life. On the other hand, I don't want to stick my head in the sand if mother nature is sending blatant warnings & use my day-to-day life as a way to escape the reality of pending disaster. So I've been trying to weigh the validity of what both camps are saying, checking in on what my gut is saying, as well as being responsible in my day-to-day life.

One thing I've been thinking on specifically is what role the internet *has* played on our awareness of what is going on. While it is a feasible answer, and most certainly has played a role in a much larger audience of people who are aware of their global surroundings, it just keeps nagging at me. I'm not one to rush to a conclusion, & after much thought I think I know why it didn't set right with me.

I do web analytics for a living (6 years this spring). More specifically, it's part of my job to be able to answer questions about why our company's different multiple web portals all over the globe did well or not for any day, month, year, etc. And when there is no obvious reason, I have to search recent events in that country to see why we got a jump or dip in our numbers. I'm accustom to (& perfectly comfortable with) digging into gigabytes/terabytes of data & information and finding answers, cause/effect, similarities, connections, etc. thoroughly and quickly.

I wanted to believe it was because of the ease of access the internet has provided that is causing many to notice something is wrong because it would provide me a black & white answer. I like those. It makes my decision so much easier. But then it occured to me that I personally have been scouring the internet in great depth for many years and still I became alarmed at the beginning of January (and everyday since). In fact, it was while I was doing my job that I found the reports.

There are many technicalities and "if, ands, & buts" that could be added to why the amount of reports escalated in January. But I also know that I had a very solid baseline of 6 years of watching the ebb and flow of excitement on the internet. I've seen the reports come across in the past of an animal die-off. Sometimes it even peaked my curiosity. But it was just one here or there over long periods of time. I know that it's normal. But previously the reports didn't stray from the baseline of normal internet activity.

But when the reports started pouring in at the beginning of January, my heart stopped cold. Alarms were ringing all over my head. The blood drained out of my face. Why? That is exactly what I'm trying to find out now. It's not uncommon for an analyst (especially one that immerses themselves into mass amounts of data on a regular basis) to see a "blip" or something that *should* be insignificant in their data but is telling them something is really, really wrong. A good analyst will follow that gut instinct & look into that insignificant blip to see if it is a sign of potential trouble ahead.

The mass animal die-offs were, for this analyst, that "seemingly insiginicant blip in the big scheme of things" that my gut says is indicative of something coming down the road. That feeling that something is really, really wrong.

Am I panicking? Nope. Am I alert? Yep. Have I been doing my emergency preparedness for me and my family? Yep. Am I continuing to live my life? Yep. Am I more aware of just how vulnerable we are in life. Yes. Do I still geek out when amongst a group of web analysts who are discussing the latest tools for getting a more realistic picture of the success or failure of a web portal? Absolutely.

top topics

join