It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will I get assasinated/poisioned/suicided for curing a disease?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Will I get assasinated/poisioned/suicided for curing a disease? Like mental diseases or diabetes.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

So, what? Your plan is to accept whatever answer you get on ATS and then based on that either cure diabetes or find something else to do? As though whatever random ATS member answers you would be the authority on this sort of thing? You might as well flip a coin and base your beliefs on that. . .

You won't be killed because once you've cured something and made your results known, the cat's out of the bag and there's nothing to be gained by killing you.

Besides, I think trolls are immune to poison.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Most likely they'll call it suicide. Big pharma can make cures go away.

Assasinated is a little presumptuous, don't you think?
edit on 23-2-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Ask the people who tried already and are no longer alive to tell the story about it. Do realize once you go into that type of market setting you are "competition" for companies that make billions per year treating these diseases and not curing them.

Pharmaceuticals is the top grossing industry in the world. Why would they let the little guy come along and "cure" the majority of what they treat?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

what have you got to say John Rodger???

If you think is worth it say it please

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Maybe you'll get rich.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Judging from the question posed by your post and the accompanying examples, it seems plausible that you might come up with a cure for diabetes. Not a chance on curing mental illness, however.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I would stick to curing diabetes, staying away from the mental illness cure.... I think you would be breaking some Dr. ethics self medicating code by dabbling with the mental illness.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The Diabetes cure will do for me !

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

Ask the people who tried already and are no longer alive to tell the story about it.

Name one such person.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

Ask the people who tried already and are no longer alive to tell the story about it.

Name one such person.

How about Max Gerson?

Allegedly, he came up with a fairly simple way to cure many types of cancers. (Google: Gerson Method / Gerson Therapy)
After his research / papers were published he got poisoned with arsenic. Twice!

Not saying that I believe... just giving a name to start if.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If you're smart enough to cure a disease, then you'd be smart enough to figure out how to market the cure so you wouldn't be killed.

I think that we will see some diseases like diabetes, cured in the near future and no one will be killed for finding the cure.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If someone decides to announce the cure for cancer (because it already exists) then they should do it without the goal of making cash in mind. It should be released free via the internet - and accept donations to be used only for legal defense and advertisements. Maybe purchase a gun to put under your pillow as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Sorry, the cure for the Big D is a long way away. Big Pharma makes way too much money from us PWDs. Strips, meters, meds, glucose tablets, various doctors, blood draws every 3 months, conferences, what nots....too much money is at stake. we won'r see a cure in MY lifetime, that's for certain...

new topics

top topics

join