It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 83
<< 80  81  82   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i say let the lemmings be the waterfall. let the cautious wait to have children, let the free people choose for themselves

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekyone

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by geekyone
Abortion is killing a child, you can dress it up however you like but that is what it is.

If your definition of the word child is "human offspring from conception to 18 years of age", then yes, it's killing a child. According to Merriam Webster, a child is "unborn or recently born", so they apparently agree with you that abortion is killing a "child". Their example is: "she's pregnant with her first child".

Other Sources list various meanings.

# a young person of either sex...
# a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age...
# a human between the stages of birth and puberty.
The legal definition of "child" generally refers to a minor, otherwise known as a person younger than the age of majority. ...

The term "child", as used in the phrase "she's pregnant with her first child", implies the intention to bear the child. A woman who intends to terminate her pregnancy doesn't refer to the fetus as 'her first child' as she doesn't intend to bear a child.

So, we could get into defining the word child, but because you define it as you do, you are right. But when it comes down to some unknown woman getting an abortion, you have no right to the knowledge of her pregnancy, much less the right to dictate what she does about it. And that's the bottom line.

You have every right to feel the way you do about abortion. I understand it. But the decisions a woman makes - whether or not to carry a child for 9 months and bear it, whether to keep it or adopt - should be made by one person and one person only. She's the one that's going to live the rest of her life dealing with the consequences of those decisions, so she alone should make them.

It is simply not your decision to make.

I never said that it was my decision to make. I just wish people would not try and dress the issue up with their use of language.

A baby is born premature at the same age as a baby is aborted. You cannot call them different "beings" just because their methods of leaving the womans body were different. They were both babies only the situations were different.

hope you realize most abortion are 8-9 weeks range.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
Any abortion pass the first 8 to 12 weeks is murder and the OP is right . at 13 weeks the baby is a tiny fully formed human being with feelings and everything .

which gets me to the idea of when the soul enters the body. obviously its from the time of conception or else if it wasnt then there would be no fetal movement til after birth.

to prove my point ill add a video

id like to point out that til i saw these videos i was pro choice.

not any more
i think some people making false conslusion making you think fetus can feel at 8-13 weeks.
news.discovery.com...
by these sciencist people they are agruing over when fetus able to feel pain. they believe they possibilty feel pain 18 to 29 weeks into gestation (4 months;2nd trimster-9month;3rd trimster).
think about... does anyone force your body to preserve a life? no, right? so why should a women be force by the law to use her body to preserve a life? no different.
the silent scream video is out of date. it was made in 1984...

edit on 1-11-2011 by nightmare1234567890 because: forgot a sentence

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You are forgetting the "compelling reasons" part completely..."don't want" isn't a "compelling reason" for example.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by Annee

You weren't responsible...you were irresponsible when you CHOOSE to have sex when you weren't ready to have another child.

So then...instead of taking on that responsibility...you took the easy way out...just kill the baby...pretend it never happened.

News flash...life is hard...there is no reset button...except in the case of irresponsible women via abortion.

Sorry, I'm still not going to give you a badge of honor for taking the easy way out by killing a baby.
i am not going to even say how much of a moron that comment ways.... life is hard but doesn't mean we should go around making life so they will have a hard time from your mistake. That just F***ed up putting a infant through suffering because they were irresponsible.

edit on 4-11-2011 by nightmare1234567890 because: changed

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just to be that guy.

Abortion is the willful killing of a fetus while in the mother's womb before the child has entered the world.

Genocide is the attempt to wipe out a complete group of people... Like the holocaust.

If you don't see a difference then you are ignorant, otherwise you are just trying to inflame the issue by comparing it to the worst word you can think of. Like the people who call Obama hitler; despite being ignorant about Hitler's actualy political platform.... Using words willy nilly doesn't make you correct it makes you look like an under educated citizen.

and that makes me a sad panda

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
wouldn't genocide be the killing of the mother too? there is a faces of death video of a woman trying to abort a fetus herself with a metal rod in the ground. sometimes a woman will drink until miscarraige, sometimes a woman will put a gun barrel in her mouth, sometimes a woman will go to an abortion clinic to get an abortion. has anybody ever heard of the one child law they have going on in china? forced abortions, organ harvesting etc. there is no choice in the matter. but there is here in the states. i say give humans their options and stop playing head games

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

That was BRILLIANT! You are spot on!

I feel the exact same way, you said it better than I could.

I've always thought that TPTB encourage breeding to make more consumers and cannon fodder. Plus, it keeps you locked down and working for 'the system'.

Stuck with kids to provide for - and you won't get ahead and possibly usurp 'their' position either.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
also you can get free condoms

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Information leaking ! Watch this and answer the golden question !

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

CLiCK LiNK BELOW

THE SUPPRESSiON.. FiLM TRAILER !

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Having read the posts and followed with some interest over the years about the abortion debates and ultimately about the way some people think the following can be stated:

I can not tell you about abortion, as I have never gone through such, being male. And I am only familar with the process, but the very basics. Nor am I qualified to say anything about the decision to have an abortion, as I have had no children. However what I am going to state, I can speak on.

One of the things I have noticed in all of my years on this planet, that when it comes to the Abortion debate, the primary cries have been that those against are heavily religious, to the point of being fundamental, almost extreme in their views. And that as part of that point there are certain things that are black and white, using religion as an excuse as to either deny or forbid. And as there are many things that can be stated, but ultimately here is the question that I would one day like to have answered and hopefully if anything it will add a new dimension to the entire abortion debate and give most on both sides pause to think and consider.

With the advent of medical science and technology, soon we will see the raise of a eugenics program where we can determine everything about a child, before it is born. They will give specifics to the hair and eye color, even in some cases try to get the highest IQ's and even that of specific traits. This has been done throughout history, with animals that are bred to bring out those traits. And yet when it comes to human kind, we seek to breed out that which we do not like, or even despise, if not seek to either force away or get rid of. Right now this being gay people, as the current state of events in the social dynamic is terrifying the fundamental religious groups to try to either block laws or to ban gay people. So with that in mind, the question I have and though about, is if a person who is against abortion, if they knew that their own child that was going to be born, would turn out to be a homosexual, would they still want to have the child or seek to have an abortion, chosing to end a life before it is even born?

I ask this question, cause of all of the things that I have heard, that is up there in the way of vial speech, it is this one thing, from a parent towards a gay child, where it is stated: That if I knew you were going to be gay I would have had an abortion.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82   >>

join