It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
In terms of the genocide arguement, if we take the last 50 years, and assume that there were no abortions, then project that to the population. Lets say, without abortion at first, about a few hundred thousand people, however, after second and third generations, the would quadruple. Over 50 years, we are talking tens of millions of additional people that would exist because abortion could not take place. Its population control, plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

LOL i find it amusing that you feel you have all the answers. you say you cant think of any instances where it can be justified?? ill give you #1. RAPE.

though you are entitled to your opinion
you have NO right to impose your world view on ANY other human being.

everyone has there idea on right and wrong. but essentially it boils down to perception of right and wrong.
i understand that you are most likely religious (christian no doubt) and you might believe everything that's regurgitated by your preacher/priest or whatever

but you WILL have to deal with the fact that ALL of your world views are YOUR OWN and have little meaning to anyone else unless they subscribe to the same manner of thinking.

so please keep your [useless] opinions to yourself. A woman's body is her own and only SHE has the right to choose for HERSELF what is right for HER and only her.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder4728

You might want to read the OP, I said that when it is clear that the pregnancy or birth will cause the death of the mother abortion is acceptable. I also said I was catholic but did not need to bible to tell me that murder is wrong and that abortion is murder. Then if you read further on you would also read me admitting to know knowing about artificial sperm (not having all the answers).

You said rape like you were the first poster to mention it, you’re not, I have already addressed it in the first few pages of the thread along with most other pro-choice arguments.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I was actually already aborted, so...

Which brings me to my next question... should abortion survivors be the ones to decide the answer to this beaten dead-horse debate? Surely they are the most qualified. Like if a social group of 10,000 abortion survivors came to the conclusion that the world should be Pro-choice, would Pro-lifers really deserve a say in the matter?
edit on 24-2-2011 by Jack Squat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Very simple. You want to reduce the number of abortions and/or unwanted children....then find a way to medically sterilize individuals (reversible) until they can meet guidelines SET FORTH BY SOCIETY to allow an individual to reproduce. Education, condoms, etc... DON'T WORK.

Funny how so many read this and automatically assume that the one writing these words will be "passing judgement" on the rest of you.

And unlike the Eugenics programs mentioned by others, there is no discremination against mentally handicapped, poor, feeble, etc. Everyone is medically sterilized and must meet the criteria to reproduce. This in no way takes away anyone's ability to screw. Let's be honest, most folks who end up in these situations aren't thinking about creating life when their passions take over.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'd like to add that the Pro Life movement will continue to grow in numbers.

It's inevitable, the Pro Choice parents have killed the kids that they would have raised as Pro Choice.

War of attrition.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by ALadInsane

Your argument is basically you disagree with me so your going to flame me for it. I don’t know what it is you keep going on about my cravings for attention, could it be that your jealous that no one cares about you fear mongering threads about terrorism (something that thread showed you know nothing about)

Your responses are just personal attacks because you didn’t like how I ousted you as a fear monger and educated you on why you were so wrong. Since then you have tried to flame all my threads, and you have failed.

Murder is wrong, abortion is wrong, this has nothing to do with me getting attention.

Now he speaks with the fear of his thread going under as all he's reduced to is name-calling.

You've merely educated me on how uneducated you are my good man, you 'ousted' me over nothing (plus I think you mean 'outed' but nevermind). People can search back through the archives if they really want to see how many of your threads I've responded to (I count 2) and judge for themselves.

It's so very easy to seem like I'm flaming because I've taken such an opposite stance to you and come across far more coherent and agreeable than you have. Your childish dramatic uses of question and exclamation marks in your subject line points at nothing more than you being a sensationalist peddling utter rubbish at the expense of offending and upsetting individuals over a very delicate subject.
edit on 24/2/11 by ALadInsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Nothing is wrong with an abortion...some girls get rapped and the only thing you can do is have an a abortion..its not far to have a rape baby

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

This is my opinion no matter what you say it will not change as I know murder is wrong and i know abortion is murder therefore it is also wrong, flame me all you like.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

"clear that the pregnancy or birth will cause the death of the mother abortion is acceptable"

and I pointed out....even if the guy is holding a gun, pointing it at you, it isn't clear that he will kill you!! he might miss, he might just maim you a little.....
poland has laws similar to what you seem to want...
they also have a women, a mother of a few children, who is now blind, because a few doctors testifying in a courtroom that there was a good possibility that she would end up blind if she was force to carry them wasn't clear enough!!!
I see this as a women being forced to sacrifice (can you really force someone to sacrifice something, or are you just stealing something from that person?) her eyesight, for the sake of another...
I guess you 'd see it as just one of those unfortunate rarities that seldom happen and shouldn't be accounted for within the laws?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Over 50 years, we are talking tens of millions of additional people that would exist because abortion could not take place. Its population control, plain and simple.

On the same grounds we could argue that even contraception, family planning or just refusing sex when offered is genocide, since it also causes millions of potential people to not exist in the future, that would otherwise exist. Potential argument is therefore fallacious. Only killing persons that already exist can be considered genocide.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You never answered me.....What are you.....16.....maybe 19 at most ??? A drop out maybe? Ultra Neo Con trailer park community, tobacco chewing teenager ?

I'm not flaming, I'm asking ! And just for the record and for you to know where I come from....I'm 40, father of two, been with my wife for 21 years, house, job and above middle class with a grade 12 education acquired through equivalency exams . A Conservative by political affiliation and beliefs and will stand up for the right of any individual that seeks protection under those rights! So I'm no better than anyone else by no means, just another ATS member with a view and opinion.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

I never said that......

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I never said that......

No I'm asking you and letting you know a little of what I am !!! Answer the question !

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Ah right, the question is irrelevant. And it did say “originally posted by Kevinunknown”

I am a 22 year old university student, not a neo-con and not a smoker. None of that matters in regards to my views on abortion.

You assumptions are offensive and my writings have gave you no reason to make such assumptions.
edit on 24-2-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Just ban it for "inconveniences".

Abortion should only be for 2 things: Rape and if the mother is going to die and wants to live. These are the only situations where life liberty and the pursuit of happiness are entangled. I am against it in all cases, but in terms of laws, you can only have it up to the above.

If people want to go and do backdoor crap for their own stupid reasons, it's their choice to. People had the choice to use protection as well as their choice to have sex. Freedom of choice is there, not when a baby gets created as a result.

The facts are simple. Unless the mother is about to die or the baby was the result of a forceful rape, then it is truly murder equal to a school shooter or gunman. However, if its is rape or the mother is about to die, it is indifferent to shooting a gunman or school shooter. Murder for the sake of two lives at risk. Even so, rape should be heavily consoled. And the abortion should only be the last option, and then I would still be against it, but have no legal right to stop it. And the second technology allows for the child to be born without the mother's body, then abortion at a whole should be banned.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 15FORreal
.some girls get rapped and the only thing you can do is have an a abortion..

I knew it was those damn rapper's fault! Outlaw rap!
(sorry, I just had to...)

I don't think abortion should be used as a normal form of birth control. There are circumstances where I think it's acceptable, but "oops" isn't one of them.

That being said, the reality is that the technology exists, so it will be used. Outlaw it and you'll just have an increase in the "back alley" trade, with more women being hurt or killed. Education and intelligent decisions are the only real way to reduce abortions, and as a race those don't seem to be our strong points.

As far as equating abortion with genocide, I'm not seeing it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What's wrong with post-natal abortion if both parents decide to abort it? Why does a baby out of the womb have magical rights that weren't there when it was in the womb? Be consisted, don't play a game of semantics. If it's okay to decide to kill the baby in the womb, why not the baby out of the womb? Some people don't even know they are pregnant, they should have the choice, right? If that's too extreme a case, why is complaining about rape not an extreme case?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

All I have to say to anyone who preaches 100% anti-abortion nonsense, is that from my experience in the medical field...people really don't understand how many abortions SAVE lives (the mother).

Regardless of your views on abortions for no reason (teens not wanting to be preggers, etc.)...one has to realize the positive sides to abortion....

If then you say, you shouldn't kill someone to save another, that are you not condoning murder yourself by refusing to save the mother when abortion has been ruled the only option.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gooey6

Really I am student nurse, and I have said in the OP abortion can be excusable when the life of the mother is in danger.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join