It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i find abortions in a controlled environment easier to deal with as opposed to a infant in the garbage and/or being feasted on by stray dogs after being born a few hours ago

esier stem cell research

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

Well thats a nice positive contribution.

What have you personally done to get rapists etc locked up?

Some of us are trying to make a positive difference in this world by helping people.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by geekyone

Words are cheap. Have you even looked into the cost of adopting a child? Plus the cost of raising one. Now multiply that by 5, since there are a lot of unwanted children waiting to be adopted.

What about the rest of you anti-abortionist?
edit on 23-2-2011 by Cybermerc because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I asked this question another person that called me crazy, and didn't reply, so I'm hoping you provide your input:

If an individual has it's brain removed and destroyed, and the body is kept alive through artificial means, is the body a living being?

The development of the human body could be said to begin with the development of the sperm cell in the male, and egg in the female. It is a mere widely held scientifically deduced "opinion" that life begins with fertilisation.

It seems to me this debate is going to lead to a discussion about whether the egg or the chicken comes first.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SevenBeans
A brand new human life begins at conception. This is scientific fact not opinion.

Please provide scientific proof of this assertion.

Please include link.

Go provide scientific proof of any claim when life begins...bet you won't find one.

So we will just have to debate it ourselves...please go ahead and point out any flaw in my thinking that the biological process of life begins when sperm fertilizes the egg and cells begin to divide.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

So when someone is declared dead in a hospital, do they do this by monitoring cell division under a microscope?
An ovum has no heartbeat, and is not functioning of it's own personal mechanism yet. Isn't an ovum still the replicating of the cells of the mother and father?

Yes the ovum is life, but I believe it could be argued as to wether or not it is an individual life yet. Could it be that the soul is placed in the life when the heart beat begins, and then the spirit begins to come in when the brain begins to function?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Of course you do NOT want to know the answer. You give your commandments to god, and then look around to see if he's complied with your commandment.
Since he has, it gives you the right to kill. He who hateth his brother is a murderer.
The answer is: the soul. For those who have the spiritual gift, you know that the soul usually enters the body in about the seventh month of pregnency.
Jesus took the soul as the highest prize, above life.
I don't like abortion either. But, to give commandments to god in order to hate those who do, is not right.
There are exceptions. But those with the true gift could confer before a decision to abort, or not, is made.
Those who believe the soul comes in at conception, are just engaging in sophistry.
Its a tenet that supports their commandments. Its not true.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc
Words are cheap. Have you even looked into the cost of adopting a child?

I have adopted (and I was adopted myself).

Many people who abort have more than enough $$ to raise children they just don't want to.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc

I don't just talk the talk I walk the walk!
So no it isn't just words from me, maybe from other posters but not me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

A brand new human life begins at conception. This is scientific fact not opinion.

Please include link.

Go provide scientific proof of any claim when life begins...bet you won't find one.

So we will just have to debate it ourselves...please go ahead and point out any flaw in my thinking that the biological process of life begins when sperm fertilizes the egg and cells begin to divide.

ROFL you are the one that said it was scientific fact, and now you are telling the other poster to go prove it. Man, you anti-abortionist are just crazy aren't you?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Please include link.

"Pass the Trash" Nice meaningless side step.

Facts require proof.

link   

ROFL you are the one that said it was scientific fact, and now you are telling the other poster to go prove it. Man, you anti-abortionist are just crazy aren't you?

No he didn't, I'm the one who said that it was a scientific fact.

Read the first chapter of virtually any embryology textbook.

A brand new life begins at conception.

link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
I classify lack of brain activity as "dead", and so does medical science, thus it is similar in brain function to a sperm cell which is also a potential human life.

Sounds good
So let's kill all the patients in vegetable status!!!

All the patients who cannot breathe on their own so they are plugged with devices that breathe for them

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Words are cheap. Have you even looked into the cost of adopting a child?

I have adopted (and I was adopted myself).

Many people who abort have more than enough $$ to raise children they just don't want to.

Hence the term unwanted child. If the mother can't get an abortion and decides to give the child up the tax payers get to pay for the care of the child. Since you are the one against abortion, YOU should be the one to pay for the care of the child.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekyone
reply to post by Cybermerc

I don't just talk the talk I walk the walk!
So no it isn't just words from me, maybe from other posters but not me.

Oh really. how many unwanted children have you adopted?

link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They have brain activity.

"Brain death is the irreversible end of all brain activity (including involuntary activity necessary to sustain life) due to total necrosis of the cerebral neurons following loss of brain oxygenation. It should not be confused with a persistent vegetative state."

From wikipedia.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

I asked this question another person that called me crazy, and didn't reply, so I'm hoping you provide your input:

If an individual has it's brain removed and destroyed, and the body is kept alive through artificial means, is the body a living being?

The development of the human body could be said to begin with the development of the sperm cell in the male, and egg in the female. It is a mere widely held scientifically deduced "opinion" that life begins with fertilisation.

When you get into the realm of keeping something alive by artificial means...you are now working outside of the natural process and it involves a whole other set of complications.

The question of "when does life begin" is not a question outside of the natural process...so I fail to see how you bring in artificial means of life support into the argument is relevant.

Are you suggesting an embryo before 10 weeks is being artificially kept alive? If not, then this example does not hold any weight.

I'll tell you the flaw I see in your logic. Someone could just as easily claim that the heart beat is the sign of "human life". Who is right...you with "brain function" or them with "hear function"??? Still others will claim nervous system function. How are you going to resolve who is right and which one truly shows the first sign of human life???

Again...my position is simple...the biological process of human life starts when a unique DNA is formed by a sperm fertilizing an egg. It does not rely on an arbitrary mark of higher functioning life such as a heart beat or brain activity...it is just a very simple definition. Full and unique DNA...cells dividing on their own to create a fully formed human being.

Please tell me the flaw in my logic.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Lets see it survive outside of the womb. Oops, guess not.

link   

link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

I bet finiance is WAY, WAY, WAY, down the list of priorities of ANY woman who makes a

decession on abortion.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join