It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALadInsane
2) Genocide and abortion are massively different and to compare the two is an example of utter stupidity. Genocide is the systematic destruction of a specific ethnic, racial, religious or national group. In other words, a planned destruction of one particular group in society. Abortions are no such thing.

Actually it can be argued that you are very much incorrect
As you said yourself genocide is the destruction of groups of human beings, babies can be a group of human beings can they not?
Perhaps even a fetus

By likening abortion to genocide you are saying there are forces at work to attempt to abort all pregnancies to somehow eradicate them completely.

This is untrue
Genocide in it's most simplistic form can just be society being comfortable with murdering fetuses

Do you realise how utterly ignorant and naive what you are actually saying truly is, in both instances?

The above is the only reason why I decided to reply to your post
how can you win an argument when you insult your opponent so much?
If you truly believe you are correct, then why try and insult your opponent and belittle him in the most patronizing fashion as a tool of debate?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Are Women All Evil

What a convenient discussion...women are damned if they do and damned if they don't. First of all we have a thread where the men have decided that women are evil. (link above)

Now, we have a thread where men have decided what these "evil" women can do with their bodies. We have a mythology where these "evil" women have caused men to deposit their seed in such a way as babies are conceived. Evolutionists or anything? That was not an apple you were eating. And then, when these women must, due to circumstances beyond their control and since you are long gone, get an abortion, it is a feat au compleat they be tried for genocide. I am thinking inquisition...

Well, heads up, when you leave a pregnant women behind, and abortion is genocide, then, your abandonment IS GENOCIDE. How does that feel.

If you put a women in the position of having to get an abortion because of your desertion, then you should be hunted down with all the force and assertion of the law and tried for murder. Or your assets and your parents assets should be stripped to support this child's future, because that is what happens when a women keeps her baby and does not opt for abortion, her assets and her parents assets and extended family's assets go to raising the child.

If you do not have a vagina or you are not a single father parent, shut your mouth and take you fingers off the key pad unless it is to read this thread.

And, OP, shame on you.

Note: Sorry about the broad sweep , not all ATS men feel this way.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Well I believe the clump of cells become a living being (a baby) when brain activity begins at around 10 week mark. Before the 10 week mark, it is not "alive" so to speak, it is not even in a "coma". I classify lack of brain activity as "dead", and so does medical science, thus it is similar in brain function to a sperm cell which is also a potential human life.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If death occurs when the heart beat stops and no longer delivers oxygen to the body, then would it be fair to say that life has not entered until the heart beat begins?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

So you admit that you want to Control other people?

If wanting murder outlawed is controling people...than guilty as charged

Wow!!
Was't there a guy named Pol Pot (or some such) that took his control to extreme?
Killed everyone that didn't meet his expectations.

Oh come on...you could of least jumped all the way to Hitler.

How do you propose to stop them?
Making abortion illegal will not stop them, as you know.

I'm fine with making it illegal...that would satisfy me. We have outlawed murder...guess what...people still murder each other...does that mean we should just get rid of that law???

Your logic is flawed.

So what is your solution?
From reading your vitriol I suspect that you would like to kill them.

Really...I would love for you to show me anywhere in this thread that I suggested any bodily harm to them. Please...I would love to see it.

And as to your Forced Pregnancy, you should be advised that Slavery IS illegal.

Well aren't you just the master and horrible analogies???

One thing you really need to know....Hate is an Acid that destroys not only that upon which it is poured, but the vessel in which it is stored.

That is why I don't store it inside of me...I direct it towards the people that deserve it

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So is my 4th month spontaneous abortion.

God's murder?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by OhZone

If i hadn't seen who you had replied to i would have thought you were writing about

Hitler !!

There is the Hitler comment...I knew you guys would come through.

Funny though...as you guys are the ones that are supporting the mass murder of babies...and I'm opposing it

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

Well I believe the clump of cells become a living being (a baby) when brain activity begins at around 10 week mark. Before the 10 week mark, it is not "alive" so to speak, it is not even in a "coma". I classify lack of brain activity as "dead"

So people that are in a coma with no brain activity...they can just be killed huh???

I'm not liking where you logic is leading

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

If the cap fits

Wear it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

There is still brain activity in a comatose patient. My logic is not heading in that direction, do not worry

edit on 23-2-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
To all of you people opposed to abortions why don't each of you pony up and go adopt a few unwanted babies so the rest of us tax payers don't have to pay to support them any more. Whats that, you can't afford to do that? To bad, you were against the mothers having the abortion, now YOU get to pay for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

What's the difference? Look them up in the dictionary.

Trust me, there are far worse things to get upset over than abortion. I find it funny that a lot of fundamentalists (usually in the U.S, not sure about Scotland) tend to make a fuss over dead babies but they never complain when men that are barely out of high school are killed in irrational wars.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc

Brilliant point!

I would recommend that people stop having kids altogether but that's just me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas

If death occurs when the heart beat stops and no longer delivers oxygen to the body, then would it be fair to say that life has not entered until the heart beat begins?

I never said death occurs when the heart beat stops...hearts stop all the time and the person doesn't die.

I would say death occurs when cells stop dividing to continue the process of life.

Which is why I say my starting point of life is when cells start dividing.

This is a complete and non-arbitrary scientific approach...it's consistent and doesn't rely on higher functions of life such as heart beat or brain activity.

If anyone can dispute that...please do so.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc
To all of you people opposed to abortions why don't each of you pony up and go adopt a few unwanted babies so the rest of us tax payers don't have to pay to support them any more. Whats that, you can't afford to do that? To bad, you were against the mothers having the abortion, now YOU get to pay for it.

I have no problem with this!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

How about we make sex illegal unless you're married.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You surprised me, Mindspin. This post shows you are a very thoughtful and caring person. I love being surprised. Thanks for proving me wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

There is still brain activity in a comatose patient. My logic is not heading in that direction, do not worry

Where is it heading then...because you wanted to debate...and you seem to have just quit.

Tear apart my assertion that the biological process of a human life starts when a human sperm fertilizes a human egg and cells begin to divide.

Please...I would love to see you disprove that.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

Let's outlaw marriage itself.

Nothing causes more problems between men and women.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join