It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by MindSpin

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

You weren't responsible...you were irresponsible when you CHOOSE to have sex when you weren't ready to have another child.

It was with my husband.

And?

Married people can be irresponsible...I don't understand your point.

Oh - - my pardons

I was on birth control.

And???

I still don't see how this justifies the murder of you own child.

Hey...maybe if someone loses their job...they can just knock off one of thier kids...it would make it easier on the other surviving kids...right???

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

What are your views of viable embryo's which have been developed in a laborotory and after

IVF are surplus to requirements and are then disposed of ??

I disagree with the process. I also disagree with the selective abortion of multiple embryos if too many take during IVF.

Here is how I think of it...they are creating a baby factory...and throwing away the unwanted babies in the trash. Nope...don't agree with it.

What's your point?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

I support all my Sisters here who have had to do what they had to do - for the best outcome for all.

Yeah...works out great for everyone...except for the dead baby. Didn't work out too well for the baby

Others need to understand too - sometimes it has nothing to do with the "mother's selfish wishes" - but that the CHILD would be born very sick and deformed. Do you wish such a life on someone?

Are you suggesting that disabled children aren't happy??? Should we just kill them off...save them from a life of "misery"???

Just more warped thinking in trying to justify the systematical murdering of babies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

First let me tell you that babies do not come from god.

2nd, why do you make any woman's private decisions your business?

3rd, how does either the life or the death of another woman's baby affect your life?

4th, don't you have a life of your own to live?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

I am not the one who has to make peace with themselves about this issue.

Neither am I.

It's the women who have the blood of their children on their hands that need to make peace with themselves.

I would call them "mothers"...but that is a disgrace to mothers of the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I just want to state for the record here, that I oppose abortion. I was actually born despite the existence of birth control (I was an accident). I feel lucky to even exist, to think that if I was aborted, there would be no "SystemResistor", I would not be able to live, I would not be able to have children of my own. We have no right to tamper with nature, nature created us, and we cannot un-create our children. The only reason why abortion is mainstream, why there is so much propaganda in support of it, is that it supports the population control agenda, as well as the eugenics agenda.

From what I perceive, women who were raped, and choose an abortion, are really just hateful to the extent that they want to murder the baby of the man that raped them. When it comes to accidental births - life is a miracle, nature is a coincidence in the first place. A mother has to ask herself if it would feel right to reach in with her own hand and tear out her developing baby, because, the abortion procedure is simply performing that task for them.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Good lord I wish you pro-life fanatics would just drop it and let people decide what to do for themselves. I use to think the clinic bombers gave most of you a bad name but the ridiculous generalizations (see thread title) and morality lectures almost propel you the that same despicable level. Thankfully of all the forums I'm a member of this is the only one where it seems you have the majority of support, and on the rare occasion the topic is brought up in person most people seem to be pro-choice.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

On your 3rd point, wouldn't you want to help someone if their life was in danger? What sort of world do we live in where we are meant to keep our heads down and our mouths shut and ignore what's happening

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Evidently your views on disability are confined to the TV Friendly Mildly Retarded.

Google Harlequin Baby.

And there are much worse extremes. Like things with no brains, fused together legs, eyes coming out the stomach, lumps of flesh that cannot survive - even WITH medical attention....

You really aren't too well versed in what CAN happen, are you? You can't be if all you see is a smiling MILDLY retarded and basically 99% "normal" person.

Ever see a thing with half its organs on the outside of the body?

I'm going to guess no.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

And there is where we disagree. OKAY, conception. Life does not begin at conception. I don't care about the DNA of a "unique embryo", virus' have DNA> I feel no guilt and I sleep fine. You can't bully me into feeling otherwise. I am your nemisis.

Life is easy to make, hard to sustain. Sex is usually entertainment and comfort, hardly ever procreation. I mean really, are you ready to have a son for every time you had sex? C"mon! What year is it? Is your seed sacred too?

You want to get into murder? Okay. I believe in justifiable homicide. I believe in self defense. As a country we develope armies that are willing to kill to defend our rights. I believe in the death penalty. I do not support in genocide, or planned murder for political power.
edit on 23-2-2011 by windword because: dna

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

My point is that i dont believe that ANY woman takes the decission LIGHTLY nor does she get

away scot free (the pain and guilt will always be with her) the decission is invariably taken

after a lot of soul searching and agonising. But it dosen't appear that much thought or

consideration goes into the disposal of surplus embryo's which after all is the same as the

termanation of a feotus.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There really is no use arguing with extremists, people.

I'm sure Mindspin has adopted all the millions of unwanted children, in the US alone, to care for, feed, nurture and rear, so let's stop trying to rationalise with him, eh.
I mean, someone so passionate as to repeatedly attack others for daring to have opposing views, surely must take actions that back up their stance by adopting as many unwanted children as they can, so as to lessen the burden on an already fragile society from the non-abortions he demanded!
Or maybe he just want's them alive but doesn't care about them after that...I don't know.

There will always be those who cannot agree to disagree. And it's always the ones that think they're better than others.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am very left wing, but I have always been against abortion. It is a sad world we live in where people make ANY sort of excuse to kill a baby. The only exception I can think of is if the baby will be born deformed or mentally challenged. Besides that, abortions should be banned.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets

Evidently your views on disability are confined to the TV Friendly Mildly Retarded.

Google Harlequin Baby.

And there are much worse extremes. Like things with no brains, fused together legs, eyes coming out the stomach, lumps of flesh that cannot survive - even WITH medical attention....

You really aren't too well versed in what CAN happen, are you? You can't be if all you see is a smiling MILDLY retarded and basically 99% "normal" person.

Ever see a thing with half its organs on the outside of the body?

I'm going to guess no.

OH...so you are for killing retarded or deformed children....nice.

And how many abortions do you think fall into the category of these extremely disabled kids???

Let's give them all a chance at life huh? And if they don't survive..then they don't survive.

I'm still against killing babies...even with your illogical attempt at pulling examples from the extreme.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Someone is an "extremist" for opposing infanticide? It's extreme to expect full grown adults to be able to understand and take responsibility for their actions?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr.eccentric
I am very left wing, but I have always been against abortion. It is a sad world we live in where people make ANY sort of excuse to kill a baby. The only exception I can think of is if the baby will be born deformed or mentally challenged. Besides that, abortions should be banned.

If you were truly Left Wing - - You would support Equal Rights and Right of Individual Choice.

Whether you agree with abortion or not. Because politically it has nothing to do with abortion - - - and everything to do with the individuals Right of Choice.

Even if you believe the fetus is an individual - - - that is your belief - - - and has nothing to do with supporting Right of Choice.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Someone is an "extremist" for opposing infanticide? It's extreme to expect full grown adults to be able to understand and take responsibility for their actions?

A supremely intelligent retort!

You deserve a
! Well done!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm okay with abortion within the first trimester, but 24 weeks in? That's screwed up.

Within the first few weeks the baby is comparable to a drop of semen. You kill millions of potential kids when you go and wack off (and i'm sure you do, even if you're married with a good sex life, unless your testosterone levels have plummeted) so it's quite a double-standard to deny abortion during the first trimester.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

And there is where we disagree. OKAY, conception. Life does not begin at conception. I don't care about the DNA of a "unique embryo", virus' have DNA> I feel no guilt and I sleep fine. You can't bully me into feeling otherwise. I am your nemisis.

A virus does not have fully functional human DNA...sorry...nice try. Keep the justifications going...I guess you need them.

And you aren't my nemisis...but if I was an unborn child...I'd be worried.

Answer honestly...is it hard for you to say you killed your child??? Have you ever even said that...or do you just say your removed a lump of tissue???

Life is easy to make, hard to sustain. Sex is usually entertainment and comfort, hardly ever procreation. I mean really, are you ready to have a son for every time you had sex? C"mon! What year is it? Is your seed sacred too?

I am ready to have a child everytime I have sex. I do use birth control, but I know that is never 100% and I am fine with accepting a child if it fails.

You see...I take responsibility for my actions. I wonder how many pro-choicers also feel like a victim in other life situations???

You want to get into murder? Okay. I believe in justifiable homicide. I believe in self defense. As a country we develope armies that are willing to kill to defend our rights. I believe in the death penalty. I do not support in genocide, or planned murder for political power.

None of those that you listed equate to killing a defenseless child.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I still don't see how this justifies the murder of you own child.

That is YOUR belief.

Just thought I'd point that out.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join