It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Muhammed deceived?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I've come across some info that would lead me to believe that Muhammed after taking dictation from Gabriel, came back to receive more, and was deceived by the Enemy. Is this story accurate? Is it mentioned in the Quran?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Are you referring the "Satanic verses" controversy?

Here is some discussion to get you started,

www.wsu.edu...

and the term is searchable. Rushdie's novel, which comes up a lot in the search, includes a version of the incident, but the novel is not fairly described as being about that.

My personal preference is that he was not, as amusing (and psychologically interesting) a notion as that is. I prefer the version where he is offering a compromise in order to avoid war.

However, there is very little evidence that the incident happened at all. That some Muslims (and it is originally a Muslim story, not Christian propaganda, although it has been used by Christians since then) would fear that it was so is psychologically predictable.

Unfortunately, both those considerations are equally likely to be true regardless of what really happened. Nobody knows, in other words.

-

edit on 23-2-2011 by eight bits because: substituted a more neutral introductory link.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by scratchmane
I've come across some info that would lead me to believe that Muhammed after taking dictation from Gabriel, came back to receive more, and was deceived by the Enemy. Is this story accurate? Is it mentioned in the Quran?

Mohammad (Eternal Judgment Be Upon Him) never spoke to Gabriel. He spoke to a demon. And he even went home and told his wife he believed be encountered a "jin". She told him that he didn't, it was an angel.

So on topic... I suppose Mohammad was deceived twice that day.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The Bible is clear that you shouldn't be deceived if someone preaches a different gospel.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. -Galatians 1:8

Muhammad denied that Christ is God in the flesh and only viewed him as a prophet.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
The Bible is clear that you shouldn't be deceived if someone preaches a different gospel.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. -Galatians 1:8

Muhammad denied that Christ is God in the flesh and only viewed him as a prophet.

Not only that, Gabriel is an arch angel that only brings declarations to humans about the Messiah. That's his only job. If an angel is claiming to be Gabriel and is speaking about stuff that has nothing to do with the Messiah there should be warning flags popping up.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Did Muhammad get the Qur'an from God, an angel, or a demon? How about we go beyond that and simply investigate and research his [Muhammad] message. Islam truly teaches righteousness, morals, and guidance, however, it's teachings also are fully counter-productive to Love and Global Human Unity. The only Global Unity that can come from Islam is a Global Totalitarian Caliphate.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by scratchmane

Im not sure if Mohammad was decieved, I am nearly sure Mohammad decieved millions and millions. Hi calims are are warrantless as all the other religous spoofs....

new topics

top topics

join