It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sci-Fi Anyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1
[more

Omg he has the driest sense of humor I've ever seen..its great even all the silly episodes were great...didn't like the one where Bahl killed him 100's of times.. quite a disturbing episode for me lol

edit on 23-2-2011 by kalowe73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kalowe73

Loved the "Groundhog day" one, made me pee myself a little lol..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Hmm Jack O'Neil and ground hog day Yummy lol

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by kalowe73

Loved the "Groundhog day" one, made me pee myself a little lol..

"In the middle of my backswing?!?!"

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

LMAO its ok i think we both would have to contend with Samantha so maybe we should work together on that one lol

She's a feisty one and can kick some serious arse.
edit on 23-2-2011 by kalowe73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
SG1 is defo the best of SG series IMO,a more gritty feel,and worthy enemies made it an all time favorite of mine.
SG Atlantis was good too,but not as good as SG1,although Shepherd and Rodney were great characters.
As for SGU...well I shouldn't say what I think about that here-those words would get me banned.

My Bro is an SG1/A fan and he rekons that the cancellation of SGU means that no more SG Atlantis films will be made(they were planning 2 or 3).
What a bummer that is...

The latest BSG rocked,and would have been my top scifi if it wasn't for the massively long drawn out political aspect/laura roslin sideshow...yawwwwwn.

But I guess,whilst not strictly sci fi,I would have to include Twin Peaks,as it does touch on interdimensional beings/secret government/military research-Remember what happened to Don S Davis' character when he went missing?
A real pre cursor to his excellent "General Hammond" from SG1 !

Hated new Caprica,waste of time.
Doctor Who's getting there sometimes,but could still do with more money spent on the sets,and more off world episodes(ones that actually LOOK off world.).

(Sorry if this bit is of topic)
But while there are some great shows on TV,I get my best Scifi fix from books-Asimov's robot stories are visionary IMO,so are Iain M Bank's "The culture" novels.

And if they are not gory enough for you,Scott Sigler's "Infected" and "Contagious" may just be what you are looking for,excellent if uber nasty,earth based sci fi.

I look forward to any of the above books being made into sci series on TV someday

EDIT:Found something you may like undiscoveredsoul,Check out ebay user "propworx"

cgi.ebay.com...

That would look good in my house.
Or how about this one,good for a night out on the town:

cgi.ebay.com...

Worth checking out all of what propworx is selling-some great sci fi items used in the shows.

edit on 23/2/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: Ebay links

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i am totally engrossed by the fringe... most of the time i am thoroughly confused by it, but by the end of each episode i can't wait until the next one... it's quite like the futuristic version of x-files to me, but at the same time nothing at all like the x-files... i don't know how to even explain the show to anyone who hasn't watched it, other than it is about life in another dimension converging with the life in our dimension... absolutely wonderful series

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

EDIT:Found something you may like undiscoveredsoul,Check out ebay user "propworx"

cgi.ebay.com...

That would look good in my house.
Or how about this one,good for a night out on the town:

cgi.ebay.com...

Worth checking out all of what propworx is selling-some great sci fi items used in the shows.

edit on 23/2/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: Ebay links

dude! that stuff is wicked cool but um....the gate peice alone is 5000 dollars....

*runs off to search for a sugar daddy*

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

I love Sci-Fi and thank you for not spelling it like SyFy! lol

Star Wars is my favortie movie and I love the Stargate series esp Atlantis

I really enjoy bad sci-fi movies as well lol

I have found some really good B type ones watching the Sci-Fi channel before it went to SyFy. Don't even get me started on their name change and style change lol

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"THEM", "THE THING" ( the original) and "THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON"
Some of the better one's from the 50's. All where in black & white and gave an extra ellement
to the scare aspect especially the creature.I think you would enjoy these three. Also the original 'WAR OF THE WORLDS' and 'FORBIDDEN PLANET" two movies that pioneered the special effect'sthat you see so much in today's movies. From a historical aspect, I think you would find them interesting to see the evolution of SCI-FI as it exist's today.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
two of the best sifi shows i like are stargate and the x files.the x files started my intrest in the paranormal.and stargate S.G-1,Atlantis,and Univerce are just an awsome sifi action seires.S.G-1 and the x files made it to or past season 10!over 250 episodes for both shows!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

edit on 26-2-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join