It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After Three-Day Video Game Binge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by JibbyJedi

human jedi
human beast master, till they removed the class, and i ended up with a rancor and graul that did nothing. just sat in my inventory taking up space. felt like that guy in jabba's palace when luke offed his rancor. lol

but seriously, you log on one day and your entire class has been removed from the game.

I feel your pains. I stopped playing SWG soon after the battlefields were filled up with Jedi and totally slaughtered the other 32 classes we worked so hard building up. I wasn't going to jump through their hoops to unlock a Jedi, I gave them enough of my hours and days of my life just to be messed with regularly.

Online gaming mimics a Heroin addiction "to some people", not all. It is a silent problem people haven't really acknowledged much, but I know many people my age who dedicate 8+ hrs a day playing World of Warcraft, they quit their jobs, lost their girlfriends, and could care less as long as their internet connection & video graphics card is running well.
I don't have a solution except maybe moderation. Some games are very addictive and it becomes a struggle to only play a little while, 8 hrs can feel like 2 hours, next thing you know you're hooked in there every day.

I agree with the person who said he might have been a spammer-hacker and making a living off of his internet activity, kind of like working yourself to death because you are behind financially.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
So many questions!

Why did he spend that much, when could buy his own computer?
Why did the police take the pc's to rule out homicide, I mean there are some good gamers but none that can physically kill you...
What game was it?
And most importantly what was his score?

Or maybe it was on-line poker and he made a really bad bluff. OR even on-live Russian roulette??

edit on 23-2-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

Internet cafés are rather cheap in china. I heard a friend who said she only had to pay ~15 cents an hour while checking up on her mail while she were there.
Also, I'm going to venture a guess he was playing some sort of MMORPG, powerfarming for whatever reason.

link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I can do you one better:

link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by undo

CU and NGE murdered the game.

I am one of the many who refuse to play SOE games because of that fiasco.

And yes, I am bitter. lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

i was frustrated, when the holocube thing started. so i quit, came back a few months later, and found my beast master was now a nothing master lol
did everything in the game that i could, profession wise. like i had a master tailor.
a master musician/dancer and i loved image designer. appealed to the artist in me.
only thing i didn't learn was ship building, but that came out around the same time that my beast master went MIA.

anyway yeah i kinda lost interest with soe games, after that, had played starcraft and decided to give wow a chance. still play wow. want to try star wars the old republic. not sure i'll like it though. it's looking totally guy oriented and i'm an old lady *big star wars fan*

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by TrowaBarton

I can do you one better:

oh my gosh. lol
that's like someone throwing away your art work or your card collection. yeeeikes.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

i binge. might play for 10 hours straight one day, and not play again for several days. or might play 5 hours a day for a week and then not play for months, or play for months and then not play for a year. i think it works like a runner's high but instead of being addicted to your own endorphines, you're addicted to your own adrenaline. your adrenal glands take a beating.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I will at least try The Old Republic.

I got 4 85's in WoW.

Two on Archimonde and two on Argent Dawn

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

I will at least try The Old Republic.

I got 4 85's in WoW.

Two on Archimonde and two on Argent Dawn

i have no 85s. closest is 83. and i quit playing her (holy pally), to
go back to goofing around on lower level chars. something about the end game stuff, i don't find all that
appealing. i can do it, but the stress levels can get uncomfortable for me (probably due to old age, i'm 52, cancer and coma survivor, etc). i have a totally over dressed (in cata gear), level 80, with xp turned off, so i can just run 80 heroics for achieves and because it's low stress. lol

be kind to yer adrenal glands.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Awe, nvm, didn't read the whole thread. Someone beat me to my video QQ. The girlfriend deleting the WoW characters kills me every time!
edit on 23-2-2011 by angrymomma because: too slow

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

lol..he freaks out over a game, well i guess he has issues....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I was on Argent Dawn when the game first came out. It was a good RP server at the time. I can't find a good RP server anywhere nowadays.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Must have been WoW or one of the other crack like addicting MMOs. I agree with an above poster, he deserves to be a Darwin Award Winner.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Nah, I think it will have been World at Warcraft or another game of that sort. I wouldn't think it would be possible to play Black Ops for more than a few hours, it gets too annoying. They actually have rehab's for World at Warcraft these days!

Rehab centre for video game addicts opens in Amsterdam
edit on 23/2/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
the WOW freakout kid's mom says that the videos are all fake.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I think im gonna lay off the internet for a bit....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by angrymomma

Nope. Blizzard failed to police the RP servers, and they went to crap.

Hope SWToR has good RP policies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by tristar

You are mistaken. Games are not just games to a lot of people, myself included. Games are a hobby.

A character in a MMORPG is a collection of items and achievements for that branch of the hobby.

It is akin to throwing out baseball cards, ripping art off the wall, destroying a model rail road, or destroying musical equipment.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by undo

I am alternating between about ten toons. Trying to lvl them with rested XP.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Dam

Back in the 90s i used to do this every weekend, and get high, I was only like 14 too, Think we did 4 days once
Age of empires 2, AvP, Ureal tournament, Ahh the good ole days

@ him dying tho, At least he did having fun.
edit on 01/14/2011 by MagickWithoutTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Oh yes it's quite real. I know many guys like this, spoiled kids grown up but very similar. Also see "Angry German Kid" on Youtube, and many many more.
I am a former game addict so I have some knowledge on this subject, and some games did start making me act way out of character and inside the realm of sanity. I call these games - visual stimulants, in combo with some pointless level chasing scheme which turns you into a giant hamster on a wheel cranking out hours and dollars playing them online.

actually that video is faked. They had the guy on tosh.0 and interviewed him and he tried to say it was real but you could tell he was lying and then he admitted it was faked. Not saying stuff like that doesn't happen but in that case it was fake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join