It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After Three-Day Video Game Binge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Watch the first 30 seconds then go from 2:00 to like 4:00. Kinda whacked how kid reacts

edit on 23/2/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

Just the look of sheer terror on that kids face when His GC hits the ground really says something. Although his brother seems to be a dick for doing this in the first place.

Also to Jedi Its well documented that the German kid video is fake and as for that Other video you psoted the exact kids have a series of freak out videos. I'm not trying to knock you and I used to game on a semi professional level and have seen genuine reactions such as. But you just happened to pick two fake vids which isn't helping your case at all.
edit on 23/2/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/2/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Ah friend your like me we got jokes

link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Oh yes it's quite real. I know many guys like this, spoiled kids grown up but very similar. Also see "Angry German Kid" on Youtube, and many many more.
I am a former game addict so I have some knowledge on this subject, and some games did start making me act way out of character and inside the realm of sanity. I call these games - visual stimulants, in combo with some pointless level chasing scheme which turns you into a giant hamster on a wheel cranking out hours and dollars playing them online.

Sorry but before you post other lies in you anti-video game binge: most of these videos are fake, the one you linked to is fake, the angry german kid is completely fake as there are several versions of the video with different overdubs (from Unreal Tournament to Quake 3) and he made it just for fun to see what reactions he got.

And you don't die from 'too much video games'. That person clearly had some health problems.
I remember the days when we made the LAN parties, they went on for 3-4 days, with barely any sleep,sure we eat and drank enough, but you can 'survive' something like that without any problems.
And most people who play video games have a life, a real life. All those cliches are ridiculous and one should wonder why such extreme cases only happen in Asia.

PS: All the hate for video games on this site is quite ridiculous.

HAHA what? I'm lying? Are you reading things your imagination saw? I know people exactly like the boy in the freak out video, identical personalities, and he isn't faking he really is a spoiled little monster.
Some people call things fake because it seems fake to them, they have no experience with people like them so they can't identify with them in the real world.
The angry german kid was a real kid reacting to his Unreal Tournament game, I also know several gamers who react EXACTLY the same, it's real reactionary impulses to some games.

You have the free will choice to not believe anything you don't want to believe, but this world is full of people who do insane things.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You can't possibly blame video games for a man's decision to disregard his health for an extended period of time? He made that decision, the blame lies with him.
edit on 23-2-2011 by DancingBear because: typo

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
uhhh jibbyjedi, i hate to tell you this, but that kid who tried to cornhole himself with a phone was totally faked. he admitted on national TV (Tosh.0 on comedy central)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

OK does this mean that he was in the cafe for three days ?
Shouldnt the staff maybe have done something?

A new contender for the darwin awards i think

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I was gonna say no gamecube will break that easy lol

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I play xbox every week so I'm not game bashing at all. This man who died from a 3 day binge definitely had some underlying health issues, plus it takes a special kind of 'avoiding life & reality' type to be able to dedicate 3+ days purely to video games. I took a break from reality back in 03-04 and lived online basically, and I was angry german kid often playing Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG.

When you're a video game junkie, you are-

malnourished
dehydrated
tired both mentally and physically
addicted to the visual movements and stimulus
dream about the games you are playing a lot
disconnected from friends and family not also playing online
very reactive and impulsive

It isn't good for you unless done in moderation, like with everything.

edit on 23-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Wow, A tragic death but.... it could have been prevented-just by walking away from the dam computer.

That guy must have had some serious medical issues but.. maybe not.

I see this story going vival and the media jumping on the "We must do something about the internet" crowd.

I foresee automatic computer shut-off systems being madatory. Internet Cafes will now be responsible for morons in there.

I wonder if he did while trying to play COD-Black Ops? I wish they would show his internet useage for those days.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's likely the cause was exhaustion, but I'm no medical expert. I doubt it will go viral, time will tell, but this has happened several times over the past few years, mostly in Asian countries.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
uhhh jibbyjedi, i hate to tell you this, but that kid who tried to cornhole himself with a phone was totally faked. he admitted on national TV (Tosh.0 on comedy central)

I've seen everything Stephen related, and Tosh and Bill O'Reilly both say he faked it, Tosh was trying to talk him into admitting it actually. That kid is a lost cause, he isn't smart enough to think up that kind of stuff. Watch all his interviews, and if he doesn't remind you of at least 1 gamer you know, then you don't know any hard core gamers.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
many video game players from china are hackers and spammers, who make game money and resell it for real money, level up characters and get them the best stuff in the game and sell the account the characters are on for real money, and hack people's game accounts, steal their characters stuff, and money, and sell it for real money. it's a full time job. maybe he wasn't meeting his quotas, and had to work faster and longer hours. the economy tanking and loss of american jobs has resulted in alot fewer people subscribing to internet games and that's gonna translate to less money for the guys in china who make their living doing that kinda thing.

link   
Reply to post by JibbyJedi

Wow. We are everywhere. lol

I was a Master Doctor/Master Rifleman on Eclipse server.

I miss that game. Playing WoW now. Meh.

As for the guy who died. Perhaps he was a gold farmer and was trying to make more money?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Why is it I feel that nearly every single news story that makes the news, has been 1. set up, ie. perhaps even a murder is invovled, and 2. is driving some propaganda agenda. Until I read a few posts I didn't realize they might try to force even more people into sterilization than the current ones that were coming up. There is some current agenda to make people look infantile and spread it on the media so they would gladly hand their children over to Big Brother even more for their own sake???

Really, if someone had done this on their own, is it any different than dying while having sex, happens all the time! Dying from too much drinks/booze? Dying from too much excercise even? Yes that too! Dying any number of activities that diminish sleep, so dying from Overwork maybe!

So one can die from overwork and one can die from over playing, go figure?

How does that lead to more needs to control our children and further consequences.?

Yet for some reason, because it is in the news, and I don't believe the news to be random, but agenda driven, it makes me wonder.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Wow. We are everywhere. lol

I was a Master Doctor/Master Rifleman on Eclipse server.

I miss that game. Playing WoW now. Meh.

As for the guy who died. Perhaps he was a gold farmer and was trying to make more money?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is stupid....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My thoughts exactly. I notice almost immediately with most news stories the underlying agenda or purpose behind it. I don't watch TV anymore but one thing i notice when others tell me about "news" stories is that they usually only remember the headline and jist of the story, when prodded on why or how the events came about the information is not there. I feel there is a massive spreading of useless information to the point of overload to keep people distracted.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

human jedi
human beast master, till they removed the class, and i ended up with a rancor and graul that did nothing. just sat in my inventory taking up space. felt like that guy in jabba's palace when luke offed his rancor. lol

but seriously, you log on one day and your entire class has been removed from the game.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Damn rebels. Heh. Imperials FTW.

The game did get frustrating at times. It really was a buggy mess. But to this day, it is still the most epic MMORPG I have ever played.

If SOE would have just fixed the bugs instead of going with the NGE, the game would have been huge, IMO. Not WoW huge, but well over 1 million subs.

It literally had something to appeal to every type of player.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

that's a real possibility.
bad economy = longer hours and more games to make same money

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by undo

CU and NGE murdered the game.

I am one of the many who refuse to play SOE games because of that fiasco.

And yes, I am bitter. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join