It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this? "UFO Over New Zealand Earthquake 21 Feb 2011" : Debris?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I watched a new video on Youtube entitled "UFO BREAKING NEWS: UFO OVER NEW ZELAND EARTHQUAKE 21 FEB 2011" because I was concerned that someone might be hoaxing a video which cashed in upon this trajedy in New Zealand:

However, it doesn't seem to be CGI. The footage appears to have been taken from around the 30 second mark in this video uploaded by WMARabc2news which is linked with this website of ABC2 News:

What is it?

Debris floating up?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Looks like a helicopter to me. There were many around tryign to put out that fire.
I am pretty sure its a helicopter

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It is a little odd looking. All we needed was about 2 more seconds of that video to get some more answers on the movement. The way it drops down and moves up and to the side looks odd, but it could easily be some sort of ash or debris as you mentioned caught between the draft of the smoke and the wind. Im thinking its just some burning debris.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It's smoke.

Do a search for "smoke ring ufo"
They don't always look the same, they're not always perfectly shaped, but it's usually pretty obvious (considering their surroundings) that they're smoke.

edit on 23-2-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

yeah, i don't know what the hell that is but it definitely does not look like a helicopter to me. interesting find though.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
meteorological ballon...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

I think it's strange how the camera zooms in the exact moment it appears from behind the smoke. What ever is it, I'll put good money on it that it's not a UFO.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I dont feel there is enough video to confirm anything here.

Most likely debris, with the possibility of a smoke ring.

I think the biggest headlines for nz right now is the death toll and how tragic this has all been for many of us, not phony claims of ufos and predictions of it happening weeks before hand.

A little respect for our little nation plz...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

dude. seriously that's a good eye you got there. i personally think that was a helicopter, actually kind of sad to say that, but i paused it and could see the top propeller barely, and i work with rotary winged aircraft so i'm going to have to say it's a helicopter, still great eye man.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
thought helicopter at first, but after looking around for photos from the new zealand quake; i'd have to go with it being one of these...

... with the helicopter being outside the frame of the video

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

this is more conclusive

thank you

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
the rescue service has also been using remote control helicopters for overhead video footage of the buildings, just another possibility along with the water firefighting equipment used.

video.au.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Perfect picture thank you

(If other's don't know madmods video's are not reliable)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KiwiSoul
Looks like a helicopter to me. There were many around tryign to put out that fire.
I am pretty sure its a helicopter

you can catch the blades moving, ur right.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by misterhype

yeah, i don't know what the hell that is but it definitely does not look like a helicopter to me. interesting find though.

It is not the 'copter. It is the water "bucket" they use to dump on the fire.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
thought helicopter at first, but after looking around for photos from the new zealand quake; i'd have to go with it being one of these...

... with the helicopter being outside the frame of the video

Hi 12m8keall2c,

After creating a two second loop of the relevant part of the video using my media player, I agree.

My media player (VLC) which doesn't seem to be allow me to edit/save the relevant video, nor can I load the flv video directly into Windows Live Movie Maker to edit it quickly in there.

In the two second loop you can clearly see the downward and upward motion of the bucket, and the chains are just visible as the bucket starts the upload loop.

So, not debris or a helicopter but a bucket on chains under a helicopter.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 23-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Issac, for some reason the first video is coming up as 'Private' when I try and view it?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Issac, for some reason the first video is coming up as 'Private' when I try and view it?

Hi Mclaneinc,

I get the same message now.

This is one of the various frustrating issues when seeking to explain "UFO" videos on Youtube - they come and go so quickly that I have to wonder whether it worth spending any time on any of them unless and until they are referred to in a book or on a television show.

I wonder if the person that put up that "UFO" video on Youtube saw the discussion of it here on ATS, saw the explanation by 12m8keall2c and made the video private.

It seems a bit of a coincidence that it was made private fairly shortly after 12m8keall2c posted that explanation.

Mmm.

Anyway, the first video basically merely repeatedly played an extract from the second video (a bit taken from the section at about 25-30 seconds into the second video) at various speeds.

EDIT : I've just had a link emailed to me. The video has already been re-uploaded by another user:

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 23-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join