It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judgment Day: May 21, 2011.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
how does this guy even have a radio station to preach this crap let alone start advertising judgement day? One thing you should remember when you see things like this, Nobody knows the day or hour, false prophets, especially ones who predicted the end of the world in the 90s and nothing happened. The guy needs to be locked away. If he can predict the end of the world, then he should be able to predict every other event that happens for the rest of time and nobody is capable of that.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I know one thing that will happen on the 21st of May though... This guy is going to realise how much time and money he wasted just to be mocked and laughed at.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
how does this guy even have a radio station to preach this crap let alone start advertising judgement day?

Ummm...because we have rights and freedom of speech?!

What is the big deal?
They are spending THEIR money, preaching to people about something THEY believe in, under the guise (notion) that they are actually trying to SAVE people....

Better them and their buses and billboards than the government taking MY money to further an agenda I don't even believe in!

Why do people get so upset by things they don't even believe in?
Bottom line: What is the harm in this? Better yet, what exactly is the conspiracy here?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

No I don't worry about it. In fact I got suspended and eventually expelled after telling the teacher off after he said I was going to hell. I told him; "I don't care. I'd rather go to hell than share heaven with your fat bitch ass."

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

It's gonna suck repainting all those trucks on May 22nd...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
From what I've read, some fundy minister used clues from the Bible and stuff he pulled out of his ass to come up with this date. I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I don't know why but I think it'd be incredibly funny if somebody spray painted a giant penis on the side of the truck.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its a religious group that has been built up into a fervor by a preacher who claims to have deciphered the bible. It has something to do with a statement God made to Noah before the floods where he stated, “one day with the Lord as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.”

After which they have taken the date of the Biblical Flood in 4990 BC which I am not sure where they get this date from as there is no source, and honestly I have felt compelled to research it. They added 7000 years to get 2011. May 21'st comes in where they say it was further discovered that the 21st of May is the true date of Jesus' ressurection.

I find many a flaw in there statements as God also told Noah that it would rain for 40 days and 40 nights. So if you use there equation it should have been raining non-stop and should still be raining well beyond the end of time for us mortal humans. I mean 40,000 years of rain is a long time and a lot of water. I firmly believe Earth would be flooded up to the atmosphere.

Source This link will show you a lot more about the group that is claiming this.

There is no signifigance with this date other then another Westboro Baptist group as you put it. They are getting America worked up into a fervor with this though. It reminds me of something good ole Pat Robertson. How many times did he claim the world was going to end by God's Wrath. I honestly would like to point out again that God also said there would be many false prophets that claimed to know the time of his return but that god would return like a thief in the night. So I highly doubt that some biblical scholar found a secret code buried in a story that has been told for generations.
edit on 2/23/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonninja

I have to ask this because well I just have to. How is spending tons of money that is taken in by donation any proof of anything? Have you been to many revivals? I used to have to go to them all the time being my family was all tied up in that. They make tons of money without ever asking for a dime. I am sure they are freely accepting donations. Not to mention the money that the radio station makes which coincidentally is run by the same preacher that started this fervor.

Another case in point. David Koresh, Jim Jones, and other groups have made similar claims of rapture and second comings. Even claimed they were the voice of god. They stripped there followers of everything and anything they believe in. Then after all was said and done you had a bunch of people either kill themselves to go on this rapture or they were killed by raids. The point being that people of faith will encircle themselves around someone and follow them blindly.

You spoke of the money thing well I also would like to point out that the Zeta group makes a lot of fancy websites and videos to claim that the Nibiru is coming and the Zetas etc, but they haven't been right yet. They haven't run out of money either.

I honestly do not believe that you will see anything happen on May 21, 2011. You said isn't the current state of affairs proof enough that this might be true? Well I have to respectfully disagree with you on that as well. The current state of affairs are created by us and other humans. All the violence, the natural disasters, the panic. It all comes from the fact that the news, facebook, forums like this, and youtube have created a social network that spreads all over the world. This makes us much more keenly aware of anything and everything that happens.

Also I would like to ask a question. Since when is judgement day an American phenomenon only? There are plenty of Christians in the UK and other places in the world. Some Baptist minister figured this out but no one else has? The Catholic church that literally has dozens of scholars studyin the bible hasn't figured it out? Why aren't the Europeans caught up in this too? It seems to me that the only place this ad frenzy is happening is in America. So have Americans decidedt hey are the only ones that need to be warned?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

So, if the end "is" happening, and I don't believe in religion.....does this mean I don't have to worry about paying off all my bills? lol

Cause honestly, claiming bankruptcy is where I am at. I wouldn't want to bother with the paperwork if it isn't needed!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

So you actually believe someone misleading people and preaching the end of the world is a good thing? It does not matter whether he is spending his money or not, I dont care, the point is this guy actually thinks he has cracked something no-one else has, yet the very book he is getting it from clearly states nobody knows the hour or the day.

So do I believe him or do I believe the word of the real prophets? It may be the end of the world for him through natural causes, nothing more. I dont care, people can believe him, follow him all they want, in the end its only gonna end in disappointment for them and then they will realise how stupid cults are aswell.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Before getting overly intriqued, did you call the church / or the phone number conneted with that advisement? Im thinking it is a church flyer to broadcast a specific type of sermon that will be happening on may 21st, maybe a play or video involved. You should find out I think that would give up some answers

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

They have a billboard up in my city that says the same thing. Must be a cult following or someone knows something most of us don't know?
...And if it doesn't happen, does it mean their religion or cult is nothing more than a fear mongering organization that will no longer have any clout with their followers?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Lmao that's awesome. Some folks in my town here were walking around with their children holding up signs saying the exact same thing. I live in Saint Augustine, Florida currently for college. The day I saw this, I was on my way back from taco bell and I saw these people right next to our gym. I opened my window and screamed "I'll see you on May 22nd fools!" The security guard heard it and mentioned it to me when he came to our dorm shortly after.

Yeah, this isn't going to happen. You know why? Think of all the predictions made of "Judgement Day" and the "Rapture" and never came true. Here is a list of predictions that never came true. Feel free to research them. These are all from an online eBook called Project Enoch.

"2000-JUL-7: On the basis of some Bible verses, Nostradamus and evidence related to "the grays" (a species of Extra-terrestrials often discussed by UFO groups) Robert Hallman predicts the rapture on this date. He describes "the grays" as "Satan's soldiers."

2000-AUG-20: Based on the book of Daniel, "Ephraim" predicted that the Battle of Armageddon would begin on this date. He later postponed it to SEP-30.

2000-SEP-6: Counting seven years forward from 1993-SEP-13, the date of the peace accord between Israel and Palestine, Daniel Adam Millar predicted that the Antichrist will declare himself God and start the battle of Armageddon.

2000-SEP-16: Phil Stone believes that the biblical story of the Exodus will be replayed on a world- wide basis for four days, starting on this date. There will be a massive increase in the level of the oceans, causing catastrophic loss of life.

2000-SEP-21: Dan Millar, mentioned above, estimates this date as that of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Four events will happen on that day, a Thursday. The sidereal day is reset. It is also the Jewish New Year, using the Canaanite calendar that was in use within ancient Israel prior to the Babylonian Captivity. It is the time of the Jewish "Feast of Jubilees" according to a message given by the Virgin Mary to Father Stefan Gobbi. This feast occurs only once every fifty years. This date is also the Autumn Equinox.

2000-SEP: Efraim Genootshap claims to be the reincarnation of the biblical prophet Elija. He believes that God has given him the responsibility of gathering the lost twelve tribes of Israel from among western-European nations, in preparation for the Tribulation period. He leads the Efriam Society, a Netherlands based Christian group. They predicted that the rapture would occur this month.

2000-SEP/OCT: Michael Rood predicted that the nations of Gog and Magog, as described in the Bible, will attack Israel sometime between the end of September and OCT-28. The "Day of the Lord" would begin on the Feast of Trumpets in the fall of that year.

2000-OCT-14: Yisrayl Hawkins, the leader of the House of Yahweh taught that the Israeli Peace Accord of 1993-OCT-13 marked the start of the 7 year period of tribulation. This will time the second coming of Jesus on 2000-OCT-14.

2000-OCT-18: The Honorable Reverend Caleb Solar, with tongue firmly in cheek, was convinced that on this date [to be known as Quellish (Let it Come!)] a cosmic flood known as "El Agua" will drown all but a chosen few - namely the followers of Caleb Solar."

Need you anymore religions predictions that never came true? Let me know lol

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
William Miller predicted Jesus second coming to execute judgment...
...on October 22 1844...
...it of course did not happen...
...and the result was a cognitive dissonant church called Seventh-day Adventists.

I wonder what this group will become?
edit on 23/2/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Darn, these guys already have in place what I wanted to do!!
Eternal Earth-Bound Pets, USA

But yeah, it will be interesting come May 22 when we all wake up and it is just another day. Will these pet people provide refunds and give back people's pets? Will the prognosticator(s) "move the goalposts" as we have seen with previous end of times predictions?

Additionally, will there be church services on the 22nd of May, which is a SUNDAY? What kind of sermon would that one be like?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I made a thread in November of last year about it.

Worldwide Judgment on May 21, 2011, according to Family Radio :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess more people will believe me now.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by crimsonninja

Also I would like to ask a question. Since when is judgement day an American phenomenon only? There are plenty of Christians in the UK and other places in the world. Some Baptist minister figured this out but no one else has? The Catholic church that literally has dozens of scholars studyin the bible hasn't figured it out? Why aren't the Europeans caught up in this too? It seems to me that the only place this ad frenzy is happening is in America. So have Americans decidedt hey are the only ones that need to be warned?

Not only that but a lot of members here and theorists seem to think that the US revolves around everything. I noticed before but it wasn't as in my face as when I joined here that a lot of conspiratorial threads, ideas etc seem to revolve mainly around the US government.

Does that mean Americans are arrogant enough to think only they matter to the world (you could argue in some countries that statement is 100% true depending who you speak to) or is it that it's only generally American citizens who come up with Rapture dates and are so dissatisfied with everything in life that everything is one big conspiracy?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

They have a billboard up in my city that says the same thing. Must be a cult following or someone knows something most of us don't know?
...And if it doesn't happen, does it mean their religion or cult is nothing more than a fear mongering organization that will no longer have any clout with their followers?

I sadly doubt that if nothing happens they'd lose clout in the faith because we've had two thousand years of people following a fear mongering, deceitful cult with no real truth to it who still think it's more true than any fact on the contrary shown to them. It's called Christianity

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

It is funny how that works isn't it? The next time I come up with a good conspiracy theory I will make sure its origin is in the UK, France, or generally somewhere other then the US

Seriously though I know what you mean and I have always found that fascinating, but nowhere near as entertaining as the Judgement Day. I mean sorry to ruin anyone's beliefs or sense of stability, but I think it is a statistical fact that places like Mexico and Italy are far more faithful then Americans. I mean there are people in both countries that literally dedicate they're lives to they're faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join