It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Karma or a Curse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

When last did you "spend" some of your time taking a dog from a dog shelter for a walk, they always need volunteers, when last did you donate money to some form of charity!
Please understand I am not criticising, you asked for opinions and I gave mine and let me add that I gave mine because I have been there done that and all of those posessions can't buy you happiness, respect or self worth!
And now that I have less money, less possesions and less "friends" I am lot happier and don't find myself in those "bad kharma" situations nearly as often any more!
edit on 23/2/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Although taking a dog from a dog shelter would be a nice thing to do, unless it is truely his 'will' to do so, I dont think the effect of doing so, would have ANY effect on his bad luck.
Perhaps it is his will to do so, and perhaps he already does 'nice' things which you dont know about, after all his OP tells us about his bad luck not his daily routine.

AND I still dont see how that affects the fact that he wanted a telescope to look at the stars,and so bought one and ordered a pizza in advance so as not to wait: These things dont make him a 'obsessed narcissistic materialist' rather: just human, get off your high horses lest karma might come for you and your judgemental character. (joke and so laugh out loud)

He earnt the money, he'll spend it how he wants, money and time arent the same thing, spending your money never got you bad karma, unless what you buy goes directly towards hurting someone AND you KNOW it, because dont forget if you dont KNOW you're doing harm how will you attract your punishment?

I just wanted to clarify the above point, if for example the owner of the telescope company used all his money to further wars and by buying the telescope the OP actually helped kill someone, unless he knew about this, believe me, all he would have done was bought something to look at the stars with, something which in all fairness could bring him a lot of joy and closer to the oneness of life in the process. No bad for OP here
Yes bad for telescope company owner. get me?

karma is a (good) way of weighing up your own belief in what you deserve. You get what you believe you deserve (in the long run) just my opinion again chaps

edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: edit to add i was joking cos i was

edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: to clarify a point

edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

And I fully agree. I apologise if I sounded as though I was trying to be superior or something, I was trying to say that just because you earn it doesn't mean you have spend it ALL on yourself and even if you did sapend it all on yourself there are other ways of giving! From now on I think I should type out my responses first and read through them a couple of time before posting them. Once again, Sorry!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

WO!!! No sorry necessary! I wasn't calling you out AT ALL, I did say in my post that the bit where I criticised you was a JOKE, because it fully was just a bit of tongue in cheek, no need to read your replies 3 times before you post! Just be yourself.

I agree with you too, of course everyone should want to do good and be nice and spend some time being human in ways that doesnt involve objects and materialism, standard

edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
reply to post by wiser3

I agree with you too, of course everyone should want to do good and be nice and spend some time being human in ways that doesnt involve objects and materialism, standard

edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

and those who do not want to do those good things will have some challenges.
think back. we all have life trying to show us a certain lesson, and is personal only to that individual. those that dont learn from that lesson, will learn it over, and over. the easy way doesnt count as solving it, and you will know that subconsciously

there is nothing wrong with making an above average paycheck, you probably put a lot of effort into work, where you skew off path, i believe is that you see that as your reward. you dont go to work to learn, or to contribute to society, donate, but you see your check as your reward instead. again, this is speculation, but im going to ballpark it

money is worth nothing. it is absolutely worthless and doesnt matter. when you die it just goes back to the box. would you be the kind to spend all of your money on things that are important, or will you be the kind that lets it sit in a bank account? i can tell you there are forces in your life that will force you to learn if you do not do it voluntarily.

another poster said it perfectly..you get what you wish for. it could turn out that your path right now is to learn the real value of life, and you may even be GIVEN so much money you will not know what to do with yourself. you may even see this a stroke of luck to find out in later years is that it was the worst thing that had ever happened to you.

moral of the story=what is determined to be good or bad karma? a millionaire going bankrupt may spiritually enlighten quicker than anyone else on the planet, yet many will view that as a bad thing, not knowing the real wisdom of the situation.

i realized this losing a leg, and a child..these were the best things that had ever happened to me, and only because my life changed forever..i actually learned the value of human life, and it woke me up from the walking sleep that was the beginning of my "guarded" existence. everyone sees this as a tradgedy and dont even know my beliefs on the situation, so i believe you arent in touch with yourself, or will need to learn the real value of human life

everything is connected, and anything that affects you can be affected by you, remember that well

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I haven't read through, but I just wanted to tell you that I used to be the same way. I managed to get out of it. Do some reading on the law of attraction. What you think about or focus your energy on is what you get. Some will tell you it's a bunch of BS, but I will tell you with 100% certainty that it is not! Now, I'm not talking about a "wish for a new car and it automatically appears in your driveway" kind of thing. I mean that if you constantly expect bad things to happen to you, they will! It's hard to overcome but it IS possible!

I was raised by a very negative family. They were loving and they took care of me but they always focused on how bad things were in the world and what they didn't have. Naturally, I was the same way because I didn't know how to be any different. I married into a family that was the exact same way. No hope for me there! I eventually got divorced, but that's beside the point.

What finally literally changed my life was when I read a book that my friend sent me. Google "Florence Scovel Shinn" and read the books you find. You can buy the actual book or you can find all of her writings in ebooks for free. It didn't happen instantly, but it did happen! Now my life is totally the opposite of what it used to be! I'm one of the most optimistic people I know and life is so much easier now!

I wish you luck! Things REALLY CAN CHANGE!!! You just have to take the initiative and hang in there!

Btw, I used to think I was cursed too!!! I found out that wasn't the case though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join