It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Karma or a Curse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Its hard to assume when this all started because its been happening for quite some time now, however not up untill recently have I been starting to question as to why, and as it happens again just moments ago I start to wonder, am I cursed? Is this Karma for somthing iv done in a past life?

Let me fill you in: We all experience random unfortunate acts in some way or another, be it as little as stubbing a toe or dropping your brand new cell phone on concrete - right on the screen....yeah those type of unfortunate events...

Consider me Lemony Snicket....if you will...all my mates do anyway.....

Somethin always goes wrong with watever im doing. period.

Ill start about 6 months ago, I decided to get some takeaways, started to drive, and got about a kilometer from home.At a set of traffic lights my car suddenly stalls and battery is COMPLETLY DEAD. now im single and at that time none of my friends were available to help me so I decided to walk home, get my other car and buy a new battery for the dead one. On the way to the Service station(in my other car) about 5 mins away.....It runs out of gas.....Long story short, I got the new battery and some gas and drove each car roughly 100m at a time till i got home!! this all took about 2 hours

Now I know that story makes me look stupid but seriously it was like it was a planned personal attack to keep me occupied for a while....

The next two things happend only 2 weeks ago:

I purchased a R/C Helicopter online and arranged to drive to the seller and pick it up from town, Deal went smoothly.
Got the Helicopter home(town is at least 45mins away, double that for rush hour....which it was...) charged her up (2hours) and had an amazing first 15mins flight around my lounge. Next charge (2hours) nothing happend.
Ended up having to wait till monday (purchased on thursday) for a new charger to be deliverd

2 days later I purchased an Astronmical Telescope online and arranged to pick it up from the seller, this time about 30mins away. Deal went smoothly!
Get the telescope home only to find the main bracket wich supports the telescope was missing from the box, forcing me to drive back again....see a pattern going on????

Tonights incodent just topped it off for me:
I orderd a pizza online from HELL pizza because it is with out a doubt the best in auckland.
PRE ordering my pizza is proirity as I dont like waiting when i'm hungry.
I own a 12a rotary so It has to be warmed before it can be driven(at least a 5min warmup)
As I arrive at HELL there are 2 seperate customers waiting in queue, I chuckle as I overhear them ordering thier pizzas now meaning they will have to wait atleast 15mins here, and it was a bit nippy...so as I pay for my pizza the guy says "its nearly out sir", "about 2 mins"....I was early!!!!

I flicked through a few magazines and the gig guide when a differnt employee form hell noticed me standing there and says "are you nick?"
"yes" I reply
"oh"...."weve had a problem with your pizza"..... (thinking to myself ....what could possibly go wrong..?)
"It was in the conveyour belt oven and it slid right off the end".....while we wernt watching.....(he didnt say that last bit)
"so we are making you a new one now but you have to wait another 15mins"

As i ingest this delectible slice of heaven I just cant enjoy it as much as I wouldve first time round.....if you know what i mean...

These are but just a few examples of crazy little incidents that happen to me on a regular basis, and im baffled as to why....

Is there anyone here who knows about past lifes or how to clean karma or curses from yourself??
ANY answers would be appreciated!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

My girlfriend has the same feeling about things. A day can't go by without her referring to our "bad luck" or asking "why do things like this always happen to us?".

I tend to look at things a little differently. While a lot of bad stuff has happened over the past 9 years, a lot of things have gone right too.

Perhaps then, it's just our perspective that is different? The bad things are always there, we just consider them in different ways.

For example, we recently bought an item on Ebay that didn't materialise. Her thought was "typical - it's just our luck". My thought was "just one of those things - we've bought over 200 things before, it was going to happen some time".

Just my 2p

edit on 23/2/11 by lizziejayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

" A delectible slice of heaven, that came from HELL."....interesting

I don't know what to say about Karma or a curse, but I would definitely advise you to stop buying used equipment from people online. It may seem like a bargain, but from what you are saying it would be worth it to buy these items brand new from a store, at a higher price.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Oh man, I'm feeling your pain.
Over 2 months: Car alternator, car battery, 2 tyres, 3 tv's blown up. pool pump died, lawn mower died and yesterday water pipe burst. People are telling me I have bad Karma, but I think the universe is trying to tell me to detach from materialistic objects (which means the whole family) and live more simply. Honestly I haven't missed the car, pool, mowing the lawn or the tv. But the water pipe was a damn nuisance.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizziejayne

My girlfriend has the same feeling about things. A day can't go by without her referring to our "bad luck" or asking "why do things like this always happen to us?".

I tend to look at things a little differently. While a lot of bad stuff has happened over the past 9 years, a lot of things have gone right too.

Perhaps then, it's just our perspective that is different? The bad things are always there, we just consider them in different ways.

For example, we recently bought an item on Ebay that didn't materialise. Her thought was "typical - it's just our luck". My thought was "just one of those things - we've bought over 200 things before, it was going to happen some time".

Just my 2p

Perhaps it is just perspective, only noticing bad things that happen and passing the good ones off as just normality. In regard to online shopping, these two items were probably the 5th and 6th item ive ever purchased online. Remember these are just some incidents, only a week ago I had to drive my friend and his girlfriend to the airport, in my 12 rotary, and we got about 5 mins from his house (which is 2 mins from mine) and the tyre blew out, ripping it from the rim

just took this photo now. Had to show this because this in itself took up my whole day, having to get picked up and taken back with a spare and so on....

just saying that its happening in an abundance as of late..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer

And the universe says "Your wish is my command"

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
Oh man, I'm feeling your pain.
Over 2 months: Car alternator, car battery, 2 tyres, 3 tv's blown up. pool pump died, lawn mower died and yesterday water pipe burst. People are telling me I have bad Karma, but I think the universe is trying to tell me to detach from materialistic objects (which means the whole family) and live more simply. Honestly I haven't missed the car, pool, mowing the lawn or the tv. But the water pipe was a damn nuisance.

I agree with what the Universe could be telling you/us

I often try to imagine what life would be like living off the land etc,

Guess thats why Cast Away is one of my fav Movies!!

wanna watch castaway now...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

I understand what you mean, but seriously....thoughts become things? Ive watched "the Secret" about two years ago, and tried follwing it, and it almost seems as if all this "bad" activity stems from me "thinking" and "asking" the unvirse for positive help and in turn its spitting out negitive results....

on track?....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I understand what your talking about, i feel as if bad luck is being thrown at me from somewhere. But its never anything realy bad its always a pile of niggling little frustrations that drive you crazy.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Karma is an interesting topic indeed.

A month ago my best friends of ten years evicted me from the house we were living in, for no reason.
For at least 6 months before that (if not more) he had been acting like an idiot and making my life hell. Walking out of the room if I walked in etc, just being really immature and darn right horrible.
The truth is that although it was annoying, It didnt bother me that much, as I felt he was just having a bit of a mid life crisis, and that because he was jobless and I ok he was just venting a bit of spleen over jeaulousy, (sad and frustrating but understandable. imo)
Over the months however his behaviour kept escalating to the point when one day he opened his bedroom door and punched me!
And then decided a few weeks after that I had to move out (its not even his house, but yea, he knows the landlord a friend who is in the US). So my other house mates (2 guys who are also my best friends) and his brother who were witnesses to the whole build up of events (and his mother) who all knew beyond a shed of a doubt that I had done ZERO to deserve this ill treatment (It had become like living with hitler) tried having a word, but he had become really unshakable about the whole thing, I think he realised he couldnt stop being a d£$k, and so Id better move, to curb his behaviour.
Now Im a really social person and the idea of living with strangers was never that appealing, and most of my friends already have their gaffs sorted, so needless to say I was a bit sad and worried about the whole thing, but also by that point the idea of getting out of the house and away from my idiot best friend was becoming really appealing.

2 days after he asked me to move karma came to save me, I the nice, calm person I am, went clubbing and met a chap who said I could move in to his house in to a spare bedroom at a saving of 200£ a month to what I was paying, ie, I am now paying much less for a nicer room in a nicer house!

My old house mate who has been frivulously treating his best friends (and girlfriend) like # for the last 6 months just failed his driving test for the 7th time.

I admit I have been cursing him, of course!! Every time he was horrible to me I said to myself 'karma is gonna get you and save me' but its so re-assuring and just a overwhelmingly lovely feeling when it really actually does

For every bad thing that happens to you, have a little prayer and say 'karma is gonna save me' ! Because I swear if so many bad things have been happening to you, underserved, then something good (big good) is on its way!!
Just my 2 cents on the topic.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Yeah, I see what you're saying - when the bad stuff just keeps coming, it's VERY hard not to think there must be something to it.

TBH at one point, bad stuff seemed to come in one fell swoop for us too - one thing piled on another and it was hard not to accept it was "just one of those things". But then, without realising, I'm a couple of years down the line and things are just what they are. I don't remember it changing and bad stuff still happens, just not in a torrent. I don't know...
Sorry I'm not much help!

Hopefully, your "portion" of bad stuff has just come all at once this year and the rest of 2011 will be good days

p.s. Ouch on those tyres!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

" A delectible slice of heaven, that came from HELL."....interesting

I don't know what to say about Karma or a curse, but I would definitely advise you to stop buying used equipment from people online. It may seem like a bargain, but from what you are saying it would be worth it to buy these items brand new from a store, at a higher price.

good observation there

with all due respect, the items wernt exactly "cheap" or "bargains" and were brand new. They were purchased from online stores.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas

Karma is an interesting topic indeed.

A month ago my best friends of ten years evicted me from the house we were living in, for no reason.
For at least 6 months before that (if not more) he had been acting like an idiot and making my life hell. Walking out of the room if I walked in etc, just being really immature and darn right horrible.
The truth is that although it was annoying, It didnt bother me that much, as I felt he was just having a bit of a mid life crisis, and that because he was jobless and I ok he was just venting a bit of spleen over jeaulousy, (sad and frustrating but understandable. imo)
Over the months however his behaviour kept escalating to the point when one day he opened his bedroom door and punched me!
And then decided a few weeks after that I had to move out (its not even his house, but yea, he knows the landlord a friend who is in the US). So my other house mates (2 guys who are also my best friends) and his brother who were witnesses to the whole build up of events (and his mother) who all knew beyond a shed of a doubt that I had done ZERO to deserve this ill treatment (It had become like living with hitler) tried having a word, but he had become really unshakable about the whole thing, I think he realised he couldnt stop being a d£$k, and so Id better move, to curb his behaviour.
Now Im a really social person and the idea of living with strangers was never that appealing, and most of my friends already have their gaffs sorted, so needless to say I was a bit sad and worried about the whole thing, but also by that point the idea of getting out of the house and away from my idiot best friend was becoming really appealing.

2 days after he asked me to move karma came to save me, I the nice, calm person I am, went clubbing and met a chap who said I could move in to his house in to a spare bedroom at a saving of 200£ a month to what I was paying, ie, I am now paying much less for a nicer room in a nicer house!

My old house mate who has been frivulously treating his best friends (and girlfriend) like # for the last 6 months just failed his driving test for the 7th time.

I admit I have been cursing him, of course!! Every time he was horrible to me I said to myself 'karma is gonna get you and save me' but its so re-assuring and just a overwhelmingly lovely feeling when it really actually does

For every bad thing that happens to you, have a little prayer and say 'karma is gonna save me' ! Because I swear if so many bad things have been happening to you, underserved, then something good (big good) is on its way!!
Just my 2 cents on the topic.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: spelling

Great example of "karma" here, few questions tho: r u still friends with this guy? and do you think that because YOU yourself were Cursing him, that this has given HIM his BAD karma? is this a good way to look at life?in the long run......?

I've heard that before that if heaps of bad things undeserved keep happening then good things are sure to come.

Maybe it should be: If you always do what youve always done, Youll always get what youve always got.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

You seem to be a little materialistic, my apologies for saying so but, maybe that is what the universe is trying to tell you, how much transport does one person need etc. You according to your post are buying stuff almost every second day. You are overloading your life and holding youself back!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

I understand what you mean, but seriously....thoughts become things? Ive watched "the Secret" about two years ago, and tried follwing it, and it almost seems as if all this "bad" activity stems from me "thinking" and "asking" the unvirse for positive help and in turn its spitting out negitive results....

Yes it probably does stem from asking for it. To ask for it means your saying it isn't there at present. Unfortunately the universe doesn't really hear whether you want something to come or go, it only hears what that something is. So for example if you say "please stop this sickness" it hears "sickness", rather you would have to think "healthy" if you catch my drift.

The secret is not really a movie i'd recommend to anybody, the best part was at the very beginning if I recall and was edited out but can be found somewhere on the internet, if you've already seen the movie you might find it interesting to see what they decided to leave out.

I might also add, that if you want to avoid future karma then be careful not to get involved in sorcery for self benefit. The secret was made popular to the public to their detriment, now we essentially have millions of novice sorcerers trying to attract negative things for self benefit like material things, money and power. But this knowledge can be used for good.

edit on 23-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Do I think that me cursing him could lead to his bad luck, my answer is maybe.
During the events I have catalogued above the emotions inside my body would run high, I was confused and angry as to why such a good friend would turn on me, and his 'evil' streak did upset me a lot at times.
Now to say that I wished bad karma on him is an understatement , everytime he was horrible to me and i felt anger for it I litteraly consumed myself with the belief that I would surely get good karma and I felt positive that he would get bad karma, I just kept saying to myself karma will fix my problem, and pay you back for this. Watch out mate 'karma is coming for you' is what id say with an inner grin, yes an inner grin, Id turn the 'dark emotion' to a positive inside me to perk myself back up, it was the only thing I felt I could do at the time to get through it.

Yes me and he are still friends and always will be imo. We have too much history. Im staying away for a few months but Im sure that once some time has passed we will be friends and laughing once more. Im not one to hold a grudge.
I hope this helps.
And let me just say Ive been stabbed 4 times (the first was attempted murder, I had my throat slit twice and had to have the tendon in my arm reconstructed) so Ive had my fair share of bad luck in life too, maybe this helps me to have more control over the influence of karma? I really dont know, but I just have faith in its (not so) myterious workings.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: grammar

edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: lots of spelling errors.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

You seem to be a little materialistic, my apologies for saying so but, maybe that is what the universe is trying to tell you, how much transport does one person need etc. You according to your post are buying stuff almost every second day. You are overloading your life and holding youself back!

Does earing an above average pay check and also having more free time than most make me materialistic?
What is money for anyway?....its really only worhtless paper so trade it for items of value. yeah?no?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

Does earing an above average pay check and also having more free time than most make me materialistic?
What is money for anyway?....its really only worhtless paper so trade it for items of value. yeah?no?

I agree with that, the tokens aint worth nothing, the telescope a gem

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
A lot of things that go wrong are not because of karma. Its because of other people's greed and incompetence. People who are employed to meet government quotas rather than their ability to do the job for example, things are bound to go wrong. People who design technology to break down after a year or 2 so it has to be replaced, hence second hand technology not lasting. People who manipulate events for their own personal gain means that others go without. Its the way the world works.

Karma is a flawed concept, because the people who are the most deserving of bad karma never get it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I get what your saying, because Ive been through those feelings myself at times, but I would say that the 'evil wrongdoers' you talk about, are suffering in private. If you know you've done wrong you will surely align yourself with your personal hell, or punishment, if you know you've done right you will surely align yourself with your personal heaven.

I do believe in the laws of attraction. Karma is a good concept for alignment, If you feel youve had a lot of 'bad luck' or 'undeserved misfortune' then you will surely feel more inclined to believe you deserve something good. no?
This honest deep down belief that you will recieve the bounties of joy and happiness will manifest in which ever way you wish, just be careful what you choose, for maybe what you choose will lead you down a path to future misery?
edit on 23-2-2011 by Lagrimas because: spelling mistakes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join