It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone radiation alters brain activity, study shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Cell phone radiation alters brain activity, study shows

www.msnbc.msn.com

CHICAGO — Spending 50 minutes with a cell phone plastered to your ear is enough to change brain cell activity in the part of the brain closest to the antenna.

But whether that causes any harm is not clear, scientists at the National Institutes of Health said on Tuesday, adding that the study will likely not settle recurring concerns of a link between cell phones and brain cancer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I use a cell phone, and will continue to use a cell phone. This is interesting, though, that they have identified an actual related physiological response to cell phone usage.

I wonder if there is a correlation to cell phone use and paranoia? There is something called a "fear cage", which is a room, or area of a room, that is surrounded by high EMF that can cause headaches, nausea, feelings of being watched and, sometimes, visions. It'd be interesting to see further findings.

/TOA

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Just think on this. The corporate mindset which pushes technology onto people and children DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. ALL they care about is PROFITS!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
all the more reason to use one's speaker function of a late model cell phone...

while privacy is naught, the hands length distance is great for phone calls
instead of cupping the cell phone to your ear

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I cant remember the last time I actually had a cellphone near my ears. Until a decade or two passes with research done Im gonna stick to the speaker function or how about those bluetooth things? I look like an idiot though using cellphones as walkie-talkies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It doesn't simply alter activity... It increases brain activity!

Makes ya smarter!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
No matter what cell phone, ELF, EMF report you pick, no report conclude anything about harmful or beneficial effects of any of those. All they say is further research is required. And it does not even matter if you use cell phone or not, cell phone towers and many electrical equipments emit electromagnetic radiation. You can't protect yourself from them.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Op,I wonder if there is a connection between cellphone usage
and short term memory loss?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by The Old American

Op,I wonder if there is a connection between cellphone usage
and short term memory loss?

That's a good question. The short-term memory center of the brain is in the frontal lobes (I know this as my father had an aneurysm in that part of the brain and it destroyed his STM). While the article mentions that they saw activity on the side of the brain that the cell phone is on, that doesn't mean EMF can't reach the frontal lobes and disrupt them.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I am afraid of cellphone radiation ,but i still can't throw it away......maybe the only thing i can do is to put it as far as i can if this helps...
edit on 23-2-2011 by dccruibay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

That would depend of course on how much of the long bottom leaf you smoke, before using your cell to order pizza...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hmm could this be the end result?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ValValient4

Ha,Ha,Ha...I don't smoke anything.
I thought that my question was a good one.

top topics

join