It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunni Cleric Calling for Holy War against US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just posted on yahoo.

news.yahoo.com.../afp/20040716/wl_mideast_afp/iraq_us_sunni_040716173131

very interseting read.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Don't we have snipers in the US Military anymore?

These clerics are driving me nuts. Maybe if they start "mysteriously" dying off one by one their replacements will be a little less militant.

All we need are two pissed off guys and buick with gun holes in the back. Seemed to work in this country.

Sorry but this is getting old. They want Saddam killed for his crimes but seem to see no problem driving a car full of explosives into a group of men waiting in line for a job or a group of soldiers trying to protect them.

It's all blah blah blah jihad blah blah blah jihad.

Shoot to kill is probably the next step for us. And I am not anti mulsim either, if Fallwell started calling for us to "jihad" against anyone in our own country I would happily sign up for the sniper squad to take care of that one. Religous freaks/fanatics need to be put in their place when they send their followers to kill others. After all if they are right, God will take care of them.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Don't we have snipers in the US Military anymore?

These clerics are driving me nuts. Maybe if they start "mysteriously" dying off one by one their replacements will be a little less militant.

All we need are two pissed off guys and buick with gun holes in the back. Seemed to work in this country.

Sorry but this is getting old. They want Saddam killed for his crimes but seem to see no problem driving a car full of explosives into a group of men waiting in line for a job or a group of soldiers trying to protect them.

It's all blah blah blah jihad blah blah blah jihad.

Shoot to kill is probably the next step for us. And I am not anti mulsim either, if Fallwell started calling for us to "jihad" against anyone in our own country I would happily sign up for the sniper squad to take care of that one. Religous freaks/fanatics need to be put in their place when they send their followers to kill others. After all if they are right, God will take care of them.

Couldnt aggree more, they moan when we kill them, then they want to start 'holy wars' i mean, how can a war where you sin e.g. killing people gurantee you a place in heaven or do i get the wrong end of the stick when it comes to them?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
US have to be careful when dealing with these clerics because and assault on them is an insult on the people in Iraq religion they are not majority Christians they are Islam. An attack on this cleric will be an attack on these people beliefs, and we are in shaky waters when it comes to US dealing with the Iraqis we are liberators not invaders. We are to bring democracy not christianity Remember?

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Who cares what they think if he wants to kill my people I don't care what they think when he gets taken out they don't like saddam but they like holy wars and insurgents either they are stupid and are just trying to make a name for themselves or just plain crazy and should be killed.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
WestPoint23,

When you are dealing on foreign policies is something calls ethics, you have a lot to learn about being a soldier and or officer and a gentleman and the US have a code of ethics.

US when into Iraq as a liberator, to free the people and to bring democracy. No to kill, force religion and to tread the people with respect. When this administration took upon itself to force his way into the Iraqi nation, it also took upon itself to either been accepted or been rejected. As liberator US can not go on killing anything that moves and talk. And only on extenuating circumstances is able to shot to kill, you have a lot to learn about rules of engagement.

Yes US military policies sucks but get what? They are there to serve a purpose and are to protect the innocent even if you have to give your life in the process.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Trust me I know the rules of engagements like the back of my hand and the rules can change depending on the situation but if this cleric is calling for holy war and recruiting people to kill US soldiers you can bet the military will try and kill him any chance they get.

new topics

top topics

join