It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophecy; Convinced Yet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
No...the Gospel is the person, death and resurrection of Jesus.

The Gospel is only ever His historical achievment...never ours.

The way into the Kingdom is believing this.

Gaining entry to the Kingdom by anything we do is 'another gospel'.

34But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. 35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

7If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

We are all Children of God, and should love one another. That is the Kingdom of Heaven.

As Paul said in Galatians 1:6-7...
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ."

It is this perverted performance gospel that is proclaimed not the true Gospel as revealed in Jesus actions.

Remember Paul NEVER knew Christ! He claims to have had a revelation and the doctrine he taught contradicted what the actual disciples knew of Christ's doctrine.

From Paul:

6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. 11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

From Christ:

12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

And Christ's warning about Paul:

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

What is the fruit of Paul's tree? The Roman Catholic Church, the bearer of crusades, inquisitions, hate, and division.

The world is waiting for the proclamation of the Good News that Jesus has conquered death...

You do not believe that he conquered death on the third day?

...and reclaimed the soveriegnty man lost to the serpent...
...loving your fellow man is a worthy response but it is not The Gospel.

The Kingdom of Heaven is within you. Christ is risen within you when you see Christ in all others. We are all Children of God. Those who think otherwise have been deceived. Keep the commandments and you will be a follower of Christ. Be a follower of Christ and you will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. We are all Kings and Queens of this earth, sovereigns unto ourselves, but we must love each other as such. KEEP the Commandments.

26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Watch.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 23-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
reply to post by coldkidc

I had been saying something like this ever since 1999 (up until a few years ago.)

And in some other countries for the last century

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Very good, to those who would disagree with the OP, here is a verse in the Bible that tells of persons with like un-believing minds.

II Peter: 3:
[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

90% of ATSers are here above scoffing at the Word of God and not believing yet almost daily the Word is shown true.

[4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

[5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Christians will be in for a big surprise.

Not because prophecy won't be fulfilled... but because it won't be what they are expecting.

LOL

But keep on.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

4Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 15And account that the long suffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. 18But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
2 Peter 3 14-18 (Source is the Scriptures)

Aside from that, another sign of the end times seems to deal with anomalies in the heavens and on Earth. For example:

Joel 2:30 "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke."

Luke 21:11 "And great earthquakes shall be in diverse places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven."

Luke 21:25 "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea."

Now think about those Scriptures and then see this thread by Observer 1:
Space Weather is Going to Rule our Lives Unprecedented

Auroras, noctilucent clouds more frequent, cosmic radiation, magnetic disturbances, pole shift possibility, Planet X or dark star, etc. Pretty accurate if you ask me.

In a nutshell I say repent, for the kingdom of heaven is close to coming and Christ will rule as King. Yahushua died for everyone's sins past and present and future. Accept Him as your Savior and friend, the time is short.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
I have no arguments on the rest of it but these two verses can be interpreted throughout history. There have been earthquakes on Earth since the dawn of time. There have been wars, rumors, uprisings, and unrest throughout history. This was evident during the rise and fall of the Roman empire. During the Trojan War. World War 1 and 2. So I don't know about either of those.

As I wrote in this thread yesterday, such prophecy is only of value when it is notable. Saying that there will be earthquakes, not notable -- there were plenty of earthquakes in Christ's time. So what makes it notable? The severity of them? The frequency? How aware we are of them? Hard to say.

Similarly, wars and rumours of wars. Been going on since the first ape picked up a rock, whacked another one on the head and saw that he got results. So it's not really notable. But can it ever be? We've already had two World Wars that set a standard for severity and scale previously unknown, and yet that doesn't seem to have been a sign of the end (or, if it was, we got a heck of a lot of lead time.) But, today, we're certainly more knowledgable about the state of world conflict than ever before -- we're now at the level of "on the street real time reporting", courtesy of Twitter and Facebook, as witnessed in the Egyptian uprising last month.

Not sure that it's a sure sign of anything, but the game has definitely changed in the last 20 years or so.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahushuasaves

4Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 15And account that the long suffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. 18But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
2 Peter 3 14-18 (Source is the Scriptures)

Who wrote the book of Peter? Do you follow the words from Christ's own mouth, or the words of those who never knew him?

In a nutshell I say repent, for the kingdom of heaven is close to coming and Christ will rule as King. Yahushua died for everyone's sins past and present and future. Accept Him as your Savior and friend, the time is short.

Keep the commandments and Love one another. The Kingdom of Heaven IS much closer than anyone thinks.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Keep the Commandments.

1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Light your lamps with the oil of love, be sure you have enough for all!

14For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. 15And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. 16Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. 17And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. 18But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. 19After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. 20And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. 21His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. 23His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: 25And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: 27Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. 28Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. 30And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Are you investing wisely the Love that Christ showed the world? There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Open your heart and love one another. the Kingdom of God is within you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by yahushuasaves

In a nutshell I say repent, for the kingdom of heaven is close to coming

Isn't the crux of that a selfish one? Self-serving?
"Repent, or you go to Hell"?
So my motivation to come to your God would be to save myself?

That all feels far too self-serving and not very spiritual to me, sorry.

Now, if my belief would ensure others got to go to a good place when they died instead of me, I'd certainly be up for that as that seems more in keeping with selflessness as apposed to the motivation of "Save Yourself!"

!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Thanks for the thread and your well layed out speach, ( sos-to-speak). Very meaningful with you brought some true facts to the board. Im a little confused in, I thought before satan/lucifer rules for 7 years the christians, the ones who stayed straight with god are lifted out of humanlife/earth?
I will tell you this, to add to all yoru thread. I have given consideration to this concept. In revelation after christ defeats satan. christ cast satan and his followers into eternal hell for 1000 years, so, what I have considered is. What if we are in hell with satan in the end of those 1000 years??? In the bible in genisis God cast satan to earth because satan wanted to take over the heavens, well god cast satan to earth means, satan has been on earth sense genisis. History changes everyday. What we was taught as truth 30-40 years ago is every changing. foreinstance the pyramids change meaning every year. anyhow my point is, we dont know what level we are in.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

My friend I have a very personal relationship with Him and of course I follow what he said out of His mouth. At the same time though the books besides the four Gospels such as the Epistles are there because they are also inspired and if you really really look into it they match. If Christ is with someone then will they not be inspired by Him to write these books? The Book Of Hebrews is very clear. Peter is also clear. I'm doing this out of love for everyone, and I get written off except by a few people. If by their fruits you shall know them, then am I giving you bad fruit? Or did Yah open my eyes in such a way that I found a profound relationship with Him? I'm not here to argue. We should love each other as Christ loved all men, and be kind to even those who speak against us. We are hated by the world for we know there is a greater truth to life. If the world hated our Messiah, how much will they hate us? I will not justify myself or prove myself to suit myself. I was just called self serving by someone else and I am giving you this information for free, like the free gift of eternal life by Yahushua and His intercession for the sinners to give us life by His blood. Some people make you pay money for things and say they have knowledge to sell books. I don't think that is right at all. I consider the Creator as much a best friend as someone here on Earth could be but much more than that for He is always there for us..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm not going to bash your post. Everything you posted is 100% true but the problem is that everything you posted was 100% true well before any of us walking this earth was born. There has always been men claiming to be the messiah before, during and after Jesus of Nazereth. Science tells us that the events that you describe has happend before and will again.

This isn't so much prophecy as it is really was and is merely a good observation of human history and natural events.Another thing to keep in mind is that most who read the bible do not know nor keep in mind the culture, laws an topography of the times. So the imagery that the writers of the bible used will almost always get confused with literalisim and/or prophacy today.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Cincykid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
Now, if my belief would ensure others got to go to a good place when they died instead of me, I'd certainly be up for that as that seems more in keeping with selflessness as apposed to the motivation of "Save Yourself!"

Well, sort of, but such a system would allow people to act however they like, so long as there's a scapegoat around to keep them covered.

The real irony of your statement, though, is twofold. First, Christians believe that this is exactly what Jesus did -- his actions saved all of us no-goodnicks. And secondly, the evangelist who is telling you to repent is doing exactly what you say -- his act is an attempt to help you "go to a good place" when you die, it has nothing to do with where he will go when he dies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

My friend I have a very personal relationship with Him and of course I follow what he said out of His mouth. At the same time though the books besides the four Gospels such as the Epistles are there because they are also inspired and if you really really look into it they match. If Christ is with someone then will they not be inspired by Him to write these books? The Book Of Hebrews is very clear. Peter is also clear. I'm doing this out of love for everyone, and I get written off except by a few people. If by their fruits you shall know them, then am I giving you bad fruit? Or did Yah open my eyes in such a way that I found a profound relationship with Him? I'm not here to argue. We should love each other as Christ loved all men, and be kind to even those who speak against us. We are hated by the world for we know there is a greater truth to life. If the world hated our Messiah, how much will they hate us? I will not justify myself or prove myself to suit myself. I was just called self serving by someone else and I am giving you this information for free, like the free gift of eternal life by Yahushua and His intercession for the sinners to give us life by His blood. Some people make you pay money for things and say they have knowledge to sell books. I don't think that is right at all. I consider the Creator as much a best friend as someone here on Earth could be but much more than that for He is always there for us..

I take no issue with your words my friend, only in that you seperate Christ from Man. He is within us all. Open eyes to people to love each other, and they will be loving Christ and the Father as well. This was his work. Most do not know Christ because they look for him out side themselves, in churches, books, and priests. Christ is the love that dwells within us all Love each other is repentance.

If this is what you meant by your words, then I was only adding to them, that no one could distort or misinterpret them.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Friend, I am simply saying that to all people here on ATS. Not for anyone to be selfish for that is the opposite of what walking in His footsteps is about.

For the Scriptures say: 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

As a just and loving Creator the wickedness of man must be punished too though. If you sow good seed then you will bear a plentiful harvest right? So what if you sow bad seed? Will you not reap what you have sown?

When the Messiah came the first time He was humble and thus taught men how they ought to live. The Second Coming will be in power to save the world, and as a mighty powerful King who will fight against the rebellious wicked men. He will indeed punish the wicked. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. So should it be for following a false Christ and taking his mark. By the time Christ returns there should be no excuse to the truth.

Malachi 3:2 "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap."

Deuteronomy 32:35 "To Me belongs vengeance and recompense; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come on them make haste.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorWonder

Originally posted by Shdak
YES: We are hearing about earthquakes all the time, happening in diver places too, also things happening on the other planets, and our on Sun.

You think it has anything to do with the CHRISTchurch earthquake?

It has everything to do with the Christchurch earthquake...and Haiti and others. Yahweh’s message to Christchurch, was that they are not teaching the TRUTH about Her or Christ. In other past earthquakes elsewhere, idols have been knocked over, and people buried alive for practicing Voodoo and other false religious rites. Yahweh is speaking through Her Powerful Right Arm via Her natural arsenal.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the only thing I am convinced of is that there are some lunatics on this planet, and they would do anything to make this version of the apocalypse true.

I would advise any sane person to make the same conclusion, and look in detail at who's doing what and why. for example, the un vetoing the whole settlements thing, nuff said.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I love all people but I hate sin. I hate my own sins and am sorrowful over them, I wish that all people would repent so that they could come to the love and mercy of our Most High wonderful Creator. I don't look for Him in Church and I don't attend any church for services. I am one who believes we can worship Him on a mountain, on the road, walking your dog, at a store, or anywhere. I don't believe that people have to go to a place with walls for two hours a night in a nice suit or blouse to be saved. To know Him we must come to Him. Indeed the Holy Spirit lives in us and makes His home in us. That you have spoken well if that is what you mean. Sometimes you sound New Age.

Acts 7:48 However, the Most High dwells not in temples made with hands; as said the prophet,

49 "Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool: what house will you build Me? said the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?"

50 "Has not My hand made all these things?"

I will never attend a church service these days. Even so, the smallest group is even acceptable:

Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there I am in the midst of them."

Relating to the first post:
The original poster is simply making a correlation between today's events and Bible prophecy. I see nothing wrong with that. The thread by Observer 1 can be found here about space weather being as influential as Earth weather here on Earth:Space Weather

Doesn't this match up with Christ's warnings about signs and fearful sights from heaven? The Book of Joel also says that: Joel 2:30 "I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke."
edit on 23-2-2011 by yahushuasaves because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2011 by yahushuasaves because: Realization and grammar.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
For all who have replied, thanks…I have enjoyed reading all the point-of-views and opinions. I hope there will more when I return later today. It has been insightful.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I love all people but I hate sin. I hate my own sins and am sorrowful over them,

Who are you to judge what is sin and what is not? How can one claim love the person, but not their actions? Can one be seperated from their actions and truly be loved? No, love the action and the person. Doing so will lead to understanding why they do what they do.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. What they do is a reflection of what we have created in this world. If one seeks to harms others, it is because they are hurting. If one seeks to hate, it is because they have been hated.

Yours is not to judge. Yours is to forgive and to Love.

I wish that all people would repent so that they could come to the love and mercy of our Most High wonderful Creator. I don't look for Him in Church and I don't attend any church for services. I am one who believes we can worship Him on a mountain, on the road, walking your dog, at a store, or anywhere. I don't believe that people have to go to a place with walls for two hours a night in a nice suit or blouse to be saved. To know Him we must come to Him. Indeed the Holy Spirit lives in us and makes His home in us. That you have spoken well if that is what you mean. Sometimes you sound New Age.

To know him is to see him in all others. To see him in all others is to love them, and to not judge them.

I AM new age. I AM the age of Man.

Acts 7:48 However, the Most High dwells not in temples made with hands; as said the prophet,

49 "Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool: what house will you build Me? said the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?"

50 "Has not My hand made all these things?"

I will never attend a church service these days. Even so, the smallest group is even acceptable:

Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there I am in the midst of them."

Absolutely.

Relating to the first post:
The original poster is simply making a correlation between today's events and Bible prophecy. I see nothing wrong with that. The thread by Observer 1 can be found here about space weather being as influential as Earth weather here on Earth:Space Weather

Doesn't this match up with Christ's warnings about signs and fearful sights from heaven? The Book of Joel also says that: Joel 2:30 "I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke."

I take no issue with the OP for posting this thread. It is good that he did.

What I take issue with is the interpretations of the signs and wonders.

People see an earthquake and they rejoice! for they see the judgement of the lord is at hand.

Blind fools. In their rejoicing they have been JUDGED!

Where they see the harsh judgement of God, they should see an opportunity to come to the aid of their fellow man in the spirit of Love.

Where they see floods, they rejoice! for they see the judgement of the lord is at hand.

Blind fools. In their rejoicing they have been JUDGED!

Where they see the harsh judgement of God, they should see an opportunity to come to the aid of their fellow man in the spirit of Love.

Where people see rebellion and revolution, chaos and destruction, people rejoice! and say the judgement of the lord is at hand.

Blind fools!! Ye have been judged!

Where they see the harsh judgement of the Lord they should see the Holy Spirit of Freedom throwing down it's oppressors!! And they should REJOICE for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Where one see the hand of God striking fear, I see the benevolent hand of the creator giving another opportunity for man to come together as one family. Where people cast their judgements at others out of hate and bigotry, I take those judged and make them my own family.

I do not have a personal relationship with Christ in myself. I have a personal relationship through every single person I meet for that is where he dwells.

The Lord God is the spirit so great he laughs at man and their silly names and definitions. These are but Idols. The Lord God is the ever living spirit of all creation. It is the thunderous voice that cracks through the heavens of our mind and shouts, YOU CANNOT CONTAIN ME!!!!!!!

That is the spirit of the lord, my God, whom I serve.

Behold, the Kingdom of Heaven is upon us.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Indeed we should not judge lest we be judged. For whatever I have judged will be measure back to me. He does NOT mean to NEVER judge. Some things require judgment whether it is good or it is bad. If you put your hand on a hot stove burner and burn your hand, you did not judge that it was hot first. That is one of the most misquoted verses. We have to look at the context.

We are to judge with righteous judgment.

John 7:24 "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment"

Therefore, indeed I am but a man to judge. However I will judge with righteous judgment and not be partial to the righteous or to the sinner, for there is only ONE judge who can judge both. I am a man subject to like passions as all men, yet because of this sin can be defined. When temptation arises then we are to resist it. We are to judge with only righteous judgment and first remove the plank from our own eye. Then we will see clearly to remove the speck from our brother's eye. The Scripture has confined all under sin. We are not to judge things that are not ours to judge, but we must judge with righteous judgment. If we judge someone else about something they do that we also do that makes us a hypocrite.

II Timothy 2-5 "Teach and exhort these things. If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wrangling of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself"

We shouldn't keep throwing Scriptures in argument against the other. Such is unprofitable for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join