It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle-Area Restaurant Refuses To Serve TSA Agents

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
hahaha star and flag for you and for that restaurant owner!!!

we have the power as well!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

The idea that if they unionize they will burn down the restaurant isn't that far off I think. Look at Wisconsin and the teachers at the capitol. has anyone looked at the signs they are holding? Who could imagine that teachers could be that evil? That is what unions do to the work force. When the TSA goes union we are all screwed. (Monetarily and literally) Watch out folks!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oh boo-hoo. The TSA agents are just doing their jobs.. waaa waaa. They're people too.. Awww!!

I particularly like the bit about "TSA agents going hungry". Honestly, grow up. It's the Seattle area, so if you're looking for lunch, take your damn pick from anywhere else, including food in the terminals. This would apply to any eatery around international airports. There are MANY.

I would probably do the same if I were this restaurant owner. I'm sure most of the TSA customers he gets are arrogant and expect to be served better than regular customers. After all, they are the "authority", and sometimes authority forget to leave their power-trips at the door when they check-out. Especially considering the TSA will hire any ol' riff-raff that comes through their door.

Aside from that, they're just protesting the philosophy of over-the-top security in an encroaching police state. Deal with it, life is so tough when you can't eat lunch at one restaurant.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

My first impression was, "that is awesome!". After thinking about it and reading your thoughts on it I see what your saying, but maybe if the TSA agents get sick of being TSA agents because everyone hates them then they might all collectively defy their "bosses orders" and stop molesting and radiating people, and then problem solved.

It is walking on a fine line though denying a certain group of people of things or treating them badly, however I also believe that if you partake in unmoral and unethical activities karma will treat you accordingly, and any negativity in your life is created in part by yourself.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

This is just plain stupid and idiotic, not sure why it is on the front page of ATS...these TSA agents do not make the policy, they may like or not like the policies they have to follow but one thing is for sure they need there jobs. So I do not fault them in the least for doing what their job requires, I take offense and anger at Janet N and the Obama administration for the rules set forth and that of extremist terrorists.

For god sake they are human beings, hungry and need to provide for their families...turn away Janet N and anyone current administration (if they ever even flew commercial)...

Its like spitting on Vietnam vets for doing there job (well not really but kinda sorta, probably a very bad analogy)...but I am tired...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
But the way this restraunte is treating the TSA agents is exactly how people in the south used to treat blacks during segregation.

Not at ALL ... You can choose whether or not to be a TSA agent, you can't choose whether or not you're black.. You can always go take off your uniform and eat to get around this "no eat list" unless they know you, you can't so easily go around the corner and change out of your race..

So I think that's a HUGE difference.. I support what they are doing, it's not going to make a difference but it does make a point ..

link   

With this economy a lot of people are lucky to even have a job right now, so working for the TSA may be the only job some are able to get.

Why single out TSA workers?

Every single person living in the US paying taxes is contributing to all the BS that is going on within the country, so this restaurant should not be serving anyone, including themselves if I'm following their logic.

link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I sense a lot of anger from your tone, you should smile and be happy to be alive...your just mad because you envy their authority or the fact they have a job...how about you apply for the TSA and try to affect change from the inside...instead of knocking the TSA agents (not mgmt, they are in a different category)...

I travel literally every week internationally and I rarely meet mean or overly arrogant TSA officers, most actually make jokes with me...travel to Brazil or Colombia and see how they treat you, you will be a lot happier with how are TSA conducts business...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Come on people. I say research this article. Research the man who wrote it...the person who spoke to the man who wrote it. It comes from an employee of a restaurant that will not name itself, not even from the owner. Look how stirred up everyone is, I think it is serving it's purpose.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

consumerist.com

Fed up with what he views as crappy treatment from the TSA, the owner of a restaurant near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport has decided to put all TSA agents on his No-Eat List.

"We have posted signs on our doors basically saying that they aren't allowed to come into our business," one employee tells travel journalist Christopher Elliott. "We have the right to refuse service to anyone."

She says that whenever a TSA agent attempts to dine at the restaurant, "we turn our backs and completely ignore them, and tell them to leave... Their kind aren't welcomed in our establishment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's definitely a start in the right direction if this story is true. Somebody has got to make a stand.
As for TSA employees, they have a choice to choose liberty and the republic or communism.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I disagree your discriminating on people that have no control over the policies they have to follow to keep their job and feed their families. It will do nothing to change any of the policies...again stop serving that cow Janet N and I would not have a problem with this... TSA agents make what 14$ an hour maybe...not sure, if that...it is a high stress job where everyone hates you....I say cut them some slack, unless they are complete arses...!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Right step against the wrong people...turn away their mgmt in Washington, that is the right place to do this...not against local TSA agents. This will anger them and depress them more with regard to their job and may hate the passengers which will make things worse...

Again go after the higher ups...turn them away....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by SyphonX

I sense a lot of anger from your tone, you should smile and be happy to be alive...your just mad because you envy their authority or the fact they have a job...how about you apply for the TSA and try to affect change from the inside...instead of knocking the TSA agents (not mgmt, they are in a different category)...

I travel literally every week internationally and I rarely meet mean or overly arrogant TSA officers, most actually make jokes with me...travel to Brazil or Colombia and see how they treat you, you will be a lot happier with how are TSA conducts business...

Yes, I'm angry because thousands of people died trying to create a free society in the United States, and it only took a couple administrations exploiting the working-class, to effectively erode everything that was gained. It always seems to start with travel, and airports in general.

Anyone who stands around feeling everyone's genitals and violating people's civil rights, should quit their job immediately if they don't like being labeled an accomplice to rights violations. No one cares if you're just doing your job. Absolutely no sympathy from any sensible person will be given to you. If you openly chose to become a TSA agent, knowing what you got yourself into, then you ARE arrogant, and at the very least, ignorant.

I also used to travel quite a bit, and every TSA agent I ever dealt with was completely rude and arrogant. I've seen enough of them to generalize the entire bunch, and I feel I'm warranted in doing so. It's the government exploiting the uneducated working class once again. But every one of them still has that nagging thought in the back of their head suggesting they get another job, and if not, they're just borderline sociopaths thinking police state trends are a positive movement.

It's also uniquely facsist of you to recommend I "just smile" and "be happy", because clearly my criticisms of civil rights violations is what is the real problem in this society.

Fascism with a smile, otherwise you're suspect.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Some of you sound like fools...

WTH is boycotting the actual TSA workers going to do about the searches? As if they really made the call. The job some of you complainers work at could demand YOU begin doing searches tomorrow. If that happened would you suddenly cease being decent people? No, you're just doing what your job demanded you do.

Do you think the agents actually enjoy patting down everyone? For every "decent" looking person there is a stink or ugly or obese person. Not like they're only patting down beauty contestants.

I say the government should give the people exactly what they want. Cease all the security measures they've instituted and let the American people have exactly what it asks for. Then soon as a plane is hijacked into a football stadium the families of the victims will be crying that "the government didn't do enough to protect us".

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

id say by the worlds check in he/she runs/operates a motel or hotel buisness and when two people come in to check in and pay for two people with 2 cars full of people it usualy means there a trying to sneek ppl in to stay for free or b gonna be partying and problay trash the place and in that case its problay a wise decision

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Good I wouldn't serve a bunch of useful idiots on powertrips that sexually assault people all day for 10 bucks an hour (or however much they make) EITHER!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by SyphonX

Yes, I'm angry because thousands of people died trying to create a free society in the United States, and it only took a couple administrations exploiting the working-class, to effectively erode everything that was gained. It always seems to start with travel, and airports in general.

Anyone who stands around feeling everyone's genitals and violating people's civil rights, should quit their job immediately if they don't like being labeled an accomplice to rights violations. No one cares if you're just doing your job. Absolutely no sympathy from any sensible person will be given to you. If you openly chose to become a TSA agent, knowing what you got yourself into, then you ARE arrogant, and at the very least, ignorant.

I also used to travel quite a bit, and every TSA agent I ever dealt with was completely rude and arrogant. I've seen enough of them to generalize the entire bunch, and I feel I'm warranted in doing so. It's the government exploiting the uneducated working class once again. But every one of them still has that nagging thought in the back of their head suggesting they get another job, and if not, they're just borderline sociopaths thinking police state trends are a positive movement.

It's also uniquely facsist of you to recommend I "just smile" and "be happy", because clearly my criticisms of civil rights violations is what is the real problem in this society.

Fascism with a smile, otherwise you're suspect.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

You sound like a person who just complains, wants to make a stand, but don't know against who. You would be the first person in shock and crying how some tragedy happened if it's your family involved.

Firstly you're off in that thousands died to create a free society...this society wasn't created for everyone to be free. It was created so landowners and the wealthy could be free of England's rule. You're no closer to freedom than the English serfs, don't believe me...quite your job and see how things work out.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I like the message and demonstration, but I feel that most people that work for the TSA aren't creeps and are just doing their jobs. Sure, there are definitely plenty that would get off on the patdowns and X-rays, but just look at all the pedophiles posing as teachers, scout leaders and priests, too. The people they should really refuse service to are the Obama Administration and their blind, mindless, loyal supporters as they're the ones forcing this issue. I still don't understand how anyone remotely patriotic can support an administration whose two greatest goals are to create a bottom rung of society populated solely of mindless, loyal, unflinching union worker drones and the upper crust of society exempt from the rules. It's pretty blatant as he steals from the taxpayer, launders to the union thugs, chooses to ignore the courts and roll out a now illegal healthcare bill and disregard a marriage law from 15 years ago, and ignores our personal boundaries as visible in airport security. Go work for your government, children. You have welfare abusers and lazy union workers to support that want to retire early.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Some of you sound like fools...

Speaking of which...

WTH is boycotting the actual TSA workers going to do about the searches?

It merely sends a strong message 'up the line" It is about the only way we have to protest this at the moment

I say the government should give the people exactly what they want. Cease all the security measures they've instituted and let the American people have exactly what it asks for. Then soon as a plane is hijacked into a football stadium the families of the victims will be crying that "the government didn't do enough to protect us".

This is a conspiracy site, in case you forgot. Just look around many here do not believe the 'Official" version of who the real terrorists are. As to "American people have exactly what it asks" judging by many posts here and lack of any REAL protest, it seems America in general has willingly become a nation of sheep.

9/11 story is so full of holes we will never get the truth, just like Kennedy. The antrax attack was one of ours, not theirs. The shoe bomber and panty bomber that caused all this illegal search tactics were wanna be Al Quida... mixed up individuals who wanted a name for themselves. We have already seen the confession of the guy who told us he hoaxed the report of those WMD's. Bin Laden family was a business partner of the Bush family. He is NOT wanted in connection to 9/11. We are not at WAR with Iraq, we are there to protect THEM, protect THEIR security, that is why we call it "Operation Iraqi Freedom" (and in the meantime secure the oil feilds and give Halliburton some juicy contracts without competition)

Open your eyes... all this terrorism is created so they can put in place the agencies (Homeland Security) that can search and seize with o impunity; the laws (Patriot Act) that will grant them that right to ignore the constitution; and the ability to put fear into us so we will willingly allow this like good little sheep in the name of safety

The "terrorists" have already won... the very purpose of terrorism is to make you afraid enough to disrupt your way of living. Seem they have succeeded

So who is the real fool?
edit on 23-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

consumerist.com

Fed up with what he views as crappy treatment from the TSA, the owner of a restaurant near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport has decided to put all TSA agents on his No-Eat List.

"We have posted signs on our doors basically saying that they aren't allowed to come into our business," one employee tells travel journalist Christopher Elliott. "We have the right to refuse service to anyone."

She says that whenever a TSA agent attempts to dine at the restaurant, "we turn our backs and completely ignore them, and tell them to leave... Their kind aren't welcomed in our establishment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sorry if this was said already...

But the way this restraunte is treating the TSA agents is exactly how people in the south used to treat blacks during segregation.

edit on 22-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

Are you for real?

What does discriminating law enforcing personnel for their unethical practices has anything to do with discriminating people based on their COLOR OF SKIN?

This restaurant manager is dead on! About time business owners also take part in denouncing the wrongdoing of the government and its total disregard for dignity and liberty of people. Everyone has the power to make these goon's lives a lot less enjoyable.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join