It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle-Area Restaurant Refuses To Serve TSA Agents

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

I'm still trying to figure what is humiliating about the process at airports? I mean have you people never been to a club....errr...a real club not the backyard, backwood, byob, places some people attend. At a club you are thorougly searched before you enter. Have none of you been to a professional sporting event, again you are searched.

Tis the reason I say most of the people are just complaining because you hear others doing so.

I haven't been to a "club" in several years. Can't quite see the value in going any more. Back when I did go fairly regularly, no one groped me at the door. No one strip-searched me, no one X-rayed me. If that's what's going on at them these days, I'm glad I stopped going.

Furthermore, your analogy is flawed, unless it's GOVERNMENT goons doing the groping at your local private clubs. I can simply not go to a club I don't want to go to. Avoiding the government is just a wee bit more problematic. I DON'T fly anywhere any more, precisely because of this mess. I know beyond doubt that I'd get in all sorts of trouble if I did, so I don't. As has been adequately demonstrated by Zorgon, though, the cancer is spreading, and it's not just airports any more. One day in the not too distant future, I will likely find myself in exactly the same sort of trouble I've been avoiding, simply for going to work, or to the grocery store. It won't make that much difference, really, because I will react in exactly the same way I was trained to, and a good time will not be had by all.

There are simply some lines drawn that I will not allow to be crossed when I'm involved in it. If they arrange it so that I can no longer avoid the trouble, then it's on. It won't be a simple refusal of service, either.

You people want to fight but don't even know who and when to fight. You're like the little cartoon characters who get slapped on the back of the neck and you just start swinging at anyone near.

I don't WANT to fight anyone. If I did, I'm quite sure I could adjust the evasion routines to take me right into a fighting situation. I don't, I avoid it instead. You'll just have to trust me when I say that I've been in enough dustups to know exactly WHO and WHEN to fight. The WHEN is when I can no longer avoid it, and the WHO is whoever happens to be the one(s) attempting violating me or mine at the time.

Wash, rinse, repeat, until it's over.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DropOfKim

Also, I have recently heard (meaning I cannot 100% say it is absolutely true) that TSA agents are to go directly to and from work while in uniform. They are not to be walking around, visiting, shopping, eating at cafes and such while in uniform. Why? I think after the level of hate in this thread we can see why.

That's probably so - it's a standard procedure in security. However, there is no prohibition on stopping for a bite on the way to work, or stopping to pick up a loaf of bread or whatever, to include another meal, on the way home, and there is of course lunch to consider if one isn't foresighted enough to pack one. What that rule is designed for is to keep the "John Waynes" from running around town flaunting their "authority" off duty, not to restrict officers from seeing to the day-to-day needs just because they happen to be in uniform at the moment.

edit on 2011/2/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Uhhh... Well okay I guess as long as they are going to be getting a hard time, but I think this is illegal.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by freedish

Here we go... it was only a matter of time before someone brought race into it. This has absolutely nothing in common with the way blacks were once treated. Blacks were treated that way because they were black, which is just a deplorable and ridiculous idea. To treat anyone different because of the color of their skin is the epitome of ignorance and hate and is never justified. Besides, I doubt that the blacks back then were grabbing the breasts and genitalia of innocent Americans as said Americans were minding their own business while attempting to travel in what is supposed to be a free country. The TSA agents on the other hand are guilty of the aforementioned offenses, regardless of where their orders come from. Any decent, morally inclined person would not agree to those orders and would refuse to carry out the sexual assault of innocent people in an airport. Because the agents continue to come to work everyday makes them complicit and an accomplice to the crimes being committed. If I owned a restaurant I wouldn't let them in either, or maybe I would but I would piss in their food and smile as I watched them eat it.

I think you missed my point.
I'm just saying the way these agents are being treated is similar to how whites treated black in segregation. I.E. refusing to serve food to them. Making them sit in the back of the bus....yeah you could say these TSA agents 'deserve' to be treated like this because they are infringing on peoples right to privacy. But do you think these employees 'enjoy' feeling up disgusting people all day? ........um doubtful

And do you think treating them like dogs is gunna solve the problem?
Um no...is it just adding fuel to the fire? UM Yes!

The problem here is not with the TSA employees, it's with the government. And remember most of the TSA agents were employed BEFORE they changed the search procedures. Sure they could quit their jobs, but would you?

Gosh I feel like I have to keep repeating the same thing all day...

*EDIT*
btw i want to make it clear that I am in no way supporting the actions of the TSA. These new search procedures are a huge violation of our rights. But I don't think the actions of this restaurant are appropriate either.
edit on 24-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

They can still eat. They can pack a lunch or eat at another restaurant.

It's not rocket science.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Oh boo hoo
Where are the Ghandis?????? I guess the British soldiers who shot up Indians were just doing their jobs too and had that job before they were sent to India. After all, even the soldiers had to feed and clothe their families. It was all the govts job for sending them there in the first place right? People outraged and now we hear of a restaurant and you are whining that they are doing something about it with Ghandi style civil disobedience.

Am I whining? I didn't mean to come off that way.
Honestly I could care less if this restaurant refuses to serve TSA agents or espionage agents, or even cheesecake agents.

What I do care about is ignorance on the part of public.
How is refusing to serve TSA agents going to solve anything?
It will just create more tension between government workers and the public.
When you fight fire with fire, all you get is more fire.

I don't agree with the restaurants actions, but I can relate. What are we as the public supposed to do? Write letters to the government and hope that they have a change of heart?

We are being backed into a corner watching our rights being stripped away. And were getting angry. This restaurants actions are a manifestation of the publics anger. I predict there will be more instances like this.

Again, what are we as the public supposed to do? I don't really know...but i'm sure that there's a better way then treating these TSA agents like dogs.

edit on 24-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
...yeah you could say these TSA agents 'deserve' to be treated like this because they are infringing on peoples right to privacy. But do you think these employees 'enjoy' feeling up disgusting people all day? ........um doubtful

I've heard this several times now in this thread, and I'm at a loss as to the relevance of whether they "like" doing it or not. Exactly why does that matter? They are DOING it. Is that not quite enough?

And do you think treating them like dogs is gunna solve the problem?
Um no...is it just adding fuel to the fire? UM Yes!

Then bring the fire on. The sooner it comes to a head and reaches resolution, the better. So, yeah, one way or the other it can solve the problem. If they'd rather fight than stop the violation, then I'm sure Americans can accommodate that.

The problem here is not with the TSA employees, it's with the government. And remember most of the TSA agents were employed BEFORE they changed the search procedures.

A variant of the "I was just following orders, Your Honor" defense. It's not sufficient, especially in light of the fact that they can STOP following illegal orders at any point in time.

Sure they could quit their jobs, but would you?

Yes. I did. Not this precise situation, but it still wasn't right, so I walked.

*EDIT*
btw i want to make it clear that I am in no way supporting the actions of the TSA. These new search procedures are a huge violation of our rights. But I don't think the actions of this restaurant are appropriate either.

To NOT take the actions attributed to the restaurant falls under the heading of "giving aid and comfort to the enemy". make no mistake about it, violating rights by government personnel, especially on this widespread of a basis, places them FIRMLY in the enemy camp. You've heard the oath - "...defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC".

You know, if the US were invaded by anyone, even aliens, tomorrow, I wouldn't be taking THEM a plate of brownies and blankets either, and this is no different. When folks start trampling your rights, they are no longer friends.

edit on 2011/2/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hm...neno, ever been to handgunners off 49? Lmao they refuse to allow any person of middle eastern decent inside to shoot....god how I love that place.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Nope. I used to go all the way down to the range at the Uwharrie NF for fun, or down to Just outside Charlotte for yearly qualifications. When I lived in the woods up in Rockingham Co., it was just a step out the back door into my yard for range work.

I've got a friend from Pakistan who bought a rural place not far from here, and wanted me to help him set up a range on it. I had to say "ummm.... do you really think it's a good idea, given who your neighbors are, for them to hear a lot of shooting going on over here?"

See, the real problem here is that just a couple hours away, up in Red House, there's a Jamaat ul Fuqra enclave that has their own range, and make use of it pretty regularly. Tends to make folks nervous about swarthy types with guns. Now, my friend isn't an "enemy of the State" but he IS Pakistani, and although none of the ul Fuqras are Pakistani, that's where it came from. Some folks just can't quite grasp the difference between someone who worked 20 years to get his citizenship, and a bunch who were born with one, and want to put an end to the US in favor of Sharia.

Almost all of the ul Fuqras were born American citizens, and were recruited in prison. My friend, on the other hand, came here from Pakistan and worked hard to get his citizenship for 20 years, and finally got it. Still, he's got to watch his P's and Q's because of where he's from, and the fact that a bunch of knotheads from around his home turf want to take us down. Meanwhile, the MOST dangerous bunch is groping little kids and old ladies at airports, claiming it's "to keep them safe and free".

Of what value is "safety" and "freedom" when your OWN GOVERNMENT violates it at will, and all the while folks are giving the hairy eyeball to someone who worked his ass off to fit in and pursue his dreams?

FYI, Jamaat ul Fuqra was founded by Pakistani Sheik Gilani, who is the guy Daniel Pearl was seeking to interview when he got his head lopped off by the bad guys.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I had no idea...ya I have an Iraqi neighbor...ironic huh? He's a good guy from what I can tell...I guess he wouldn't show a bad side with multiple servicemen next door.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
But do you think these employees 'enjoy' feeling up disgusting people all day? ........um doubtful

Since they seem to pick and choose people to frisk, can they not just chose NOT to feel up a 4 year old or an old man and break his colostomy sac?... Do they really think those two are a real threat while others are just waved through? Most cases many people are just waved on through and they spot pick victims.

So why are they targeting little kids and old men and women. Why do they make a woman remove a breast prosthesis in public view so that even a news team caught it and made it national news?

I guess the old man had nitro in that colostomy bag, the woman had C4 in the prosthesis and the 4 year old kids leg brace were disguised gun parts.

The terrorist have won... we are afraid of our own shadows.

And I am willing to bet we are pointing our finger at the wrong group when we say 'terrorist'

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I would allow the the freaks to enter, but only after i informed them of their rights. AS"we" as a business have had a terrorist threat and that i must grope them( i mean frisk them), and i have the right to give them an internal Probing (examination) if they wish to enter my establishment, And only if they are willing to comply would i allow any TSA in. PS I would have heaps of gloves, So I would probe away
No lube, No smile, just Business

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by drink2forget

They can still eat. They can pack a lunch or eat at another restaurant.

It's not rocket science.

I actually agree with this...Although the situation is still extremely lame. I'm fairly certain the California Pizza Kitchen at SEATAC will not mind the extra business!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
I would allow the the freaks to enter, but only after i informed them of their rights. AS"we" as a business have had a terrorist threat and that i must grope them( i mean frisk them), and i have the right to give them an internal Probing (examination) if they wish to enter my establishment, And only if they are willing to comply would i allow any TSA in. PS I would have heaps of gloves, So I would probe away
No lube, No smile, just Business

LOL..How about a lrg latex glove dispenser next to a sign that reads "We serve everyone..but do to high theft and molestation charges, TSA agents will be screened upon entry and exit, sorry no exeptions"

Anyone photoshop volunteers

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
People are in here harping about freedom and don't even realize true freedom is impossible as long as you live in a society. If you decide to go live in a cave or log cabin...yeah you can have freedom. But as long as you decide to be a part of society you do not have "freedom".

In order to be "free" you have to provide your own shelter, your own energy, your own protection, your own food, etc. You can't run to the market, or go to a doctor, or buy energy from a power plant, etc. EVERYTHING is on you and only YOU.

What you people want is the benefits of a society, but not the rules and requirement that go along with it. It's really quite simple...as long as you depend on ANYONE for ANYTHING, you have to relinquish some of your freedom. If you need to board a plane in order to travel...you are involving other people and thus compromising. The same goes for any other transaction you may participate in.

You people are crying for the same freedom that frontier men had. Hell they lived in the woods and ate squirrel. If they needed to travel they hopped on THEIR horse and picked their way through a path. You jump in a car and transverse on a road or highway paid for by society, thus relinquishing some of your rights.

Most of you are the same people who will be on television saying the government didn't do enough or was asleep if a plane is hijacked and flown into the football stadium you're at, killing 80K people.

Reminds me of the news not too long ago where (probably a member here) a guy was doing his bit to fight government by not paying for fire service. Only problem was....he had a home fire and NEEDED the fire department to put it out. He got exactly what he deserved and they watched his home burn down. Afterwards he didn't feel so gong ho and anti-government because "he figured they'd put my fire out anyway", since they didn't he wanted to complain. You're all the same people...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

itmakessenseblog.com...

Union membership for TSA comming to an airport near you soon

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whatwasthat

That's lovely...govt killing unions in the private sector and at the same time promoting govt unions. Why doesn't this suprise me. One world, one payroll. We are becoming a totalitarian dictated country the exact thing we've stood against since becoming a country, disgusting.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

People are in here harping about freedom and don't even realize true freedom is impossible as long as you live in a society. If you decide to go live in a cave or log cabin...yeah you can have freedom. But as long as you decide to be a part of society you do not have "freedom".

Well I know what freedom means
Don't have a cave or log home, though we do have a big cabin in the Canadian woods on a clear lake full of fish with woods full of game and berries... That is plan C if the SHTF

Plan B is my mobile home

Protection? Not an issue... many active military folks in the Realm

The point is we still have such freedom... a place where one can wear the crown... and still walk around town armed to the teeth. They will be hard pressed to take that away, even though getting on a plane with swords has become more difficult

Just try and take that from us... we might put up some resistance.

Of course 'freedom' has a price. Every rational person knows that... but what we are talking about here is when the goons cross the line and stick their hands down your pants... and the government puts you on a no fly list because you have a friend in Iran... THAT is when you have lost any true freedom

What you are describing is social interaction... and that is part of being in a society... but it is by choice. And I just turned off the gas... put a wood stove in for heat instead.... This summer will come the solar panels

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Protection? Not an issue... many active military folks in the Realm

The point is we still have such freedom... a place where one can wear the crown... and still walk around town armed to the teeth. They will be hard pressed to take that away, even though getting on a plane with swords has become more difficult

Just try and take that from us... we might put up some resistance.

Of course 'freedom' has a price. Every rational person knows that... but what we are talking about here is when the goons cross the line and stick their hands down your pants... and the government puts you on a no fly list because you have a friend in Iran... THAT is when you have lost any true freedom

What you are describing is social interaction... and that is part of being in a society... but it is by choice. And I just turned off the gas... put a wood stove in for heat instead.... This summer will come the solar panels

Your last paragraph about sums it up. By choice we have all accepted the terms of this society. If we don't appreciate how society is, we can detach ourselves from it and go live in that cabin. As long as we decide to be in the game (society) we have to play by the rules.

Have you ever searched anyone? Did it turn you on? The point is we lost true freedom when we decided to live with others in a society.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Your last paragraph about sums it up. By choice we have all accepted the terms of this society. If we don't appreciate how society is, we can detach ourselves from it and go live in that cabin. As long as we decide to be in the game (society) we have to play by the rules.

Have you ever searched anyone? Did it turn you on? The point is we lost true freedom when we decided to live with others in a society.

I've run into a fairly large number of people over time who live in society but don't accept the terms of society, so it's by no means a rule set in concrete. We HAVE to play by the rules" is a mighty strong statement, and an erroneous one.

No freedom has been lost, no one's rights have been stripped. They are ALL still there, right where you left them No government anywhere can take them, they ARE, and always will BE. All you have to do is reclaim them, dust them off and put them to work. It's not anyone's fault, government or otherwise, if an individual fails to exercise the rights he has - it's just a personal decision, at the level of that individual.

There are quite a number of people out there who simply decide on that individual level that they will play by their own rules.

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join