It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle-Area Restaurant Refuses To Serve TSA Agents

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by freedish

The difference is that blacks in the south during segregation had no choice about being black. The TSA agents have a choice as to their employer, and how they conduct themselves while on the job.

Let them eat in their SS break rooms, after a thoroughly intrusive, illegal and abusive search.

edit on 2/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 2/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: last phrase in last sentence

TSA agents are people too...

And most of them were there before the new rules were put in place. Do you think they enjoy their jobs? No. Do you think they take pleasure from feeling up nasty people all day? No. Would you be in a bad mood if you had to deal with angry people all day? Yes. Could they leave their jobs? Sure. Is that the smartest thing to do with unemployment so high? No. Am I defending the actions of the TSA? NO WAY!

But let's be logical, is picking on the little guy really the way to go? And is refusing to serve TSA agents in restaurants really going to solve the problem? Certainly not.

The problem here is not with the TSA agents, it's with the government.
The main question is, why are we as the America people allowing the government to strip away our rights, and our clothing too, and not doing anything about it?
The whole TSA fiasco lasted maybe two-three weeks tops...and people were outraged. But now things have died down and we have forgotten about it. How many pokes will it take for us to wake up? How many shoves will we take until we fight back? (Excuse the violent rhetoric!)

edit on 22-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

Oh boo hoo
Where are the Ghandis?????? I guess the British soldiers who shot up Indians were just doing their jobs too and had that job before they were sent to India. After all, even the soldiers had to feed and clothe their families. It was all the govts job for sending them there in the first place right? People outraged and now we hear of a restaurant and you are whining that they are doing something about it with Ghandi style civil disobedience. I saw a vid of some Tunisians driving their cars over a giant poster of the head of now ex Prez Ben Ali. Someone videotaped the whole thing. It was this big civil disobedience ritual. So who in the US is going to be the Ghandis and the Tunisians? Instead we've got teachers unions whining about their 70,000 $$ salaries while the pizza makers who sent them pizza make 8 bucks an hour...go figger

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Just remember what you have said next time your standing in the departure area of an airport, in your underwear, with a TSA Agents hand inside them gently caressing your private parts with a big bulge in "his/her" pants and a smile on their face...

Note. Sorry bout the "his/her", remark. But in my opinion, all TSA agents are male, regardless as to wether they are male or female. At least that goes for all the ones I have seen anyway..

Hey, long as dat agent is genteel an' treet me wif respeck, I be ok wif dat.

Anyway....Instead of telling us your fantasies, why don't you discuss the points I brought up?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Instead we've got teachers unions whining about their 70,000 $$ salaries while the pizza makers who sent them pizza make 8 bucks an hour...go figger

Hey, maybe they should have paid better attention in class!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
What if some restaurants refuse service to ALL GOVERNMENT personnel?

Now THERE'S an idea!

Honestly, I don't really know how big a part restaurants play in the average soldier's life these days, but refusal of service would go right along with a lot of the crap they put up with here at ATS.

I reckon that's one of the reasons for the "adapt and overcome" philosophy. A soldier's life ain't optimal to begin with.

Wouldn't make much difference to me if they targeted me specifically for a refusal. Folks gotta drag me kicking and screaming to get me into a restaurant now - I'd sort of appreciate having a valid excuse. "sorry gang, but you KNOW they refuse service to curmudgeons in there now..."

Now, in the case of THIS restaurant, I'd go out of my way to eat there if I lived in the area.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Instead we've got teachers unions whining about their 70,000 $$ salaries while the pizza makers who sent them pizza make 8 bucks an hour...go figger

Then who'd make the pizza?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by drink2forget
Oh Sweet Chocolate Jesus...The TSA are just trying to do their jobs.
I work in the Airline industry, and i've watched my wife receive "the advanced pat down," when we travel.
It was a joke, took less than a minute and we laughed about it afterwards. You get frisked more thoroughly before going into a sporting event (The security guard did infact grab my junk at a Twins game). It's nothing to be concerened about and none of the TSA folks seem all that happy to be doing it either. I wish the "media sensation," of this would just go away and move on to the next non-issue. The TSA are also people, and need to F'n eat! It's just plain wrong that they would refuse service to them, especially if they are on a 10 hour shift on their feet all day....but it's putting the companies name in the news so good for them.
A security guard grabs your penis and it's "nothing to be concerned about"? Are you actually insane?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Originally posted by mishigas

Then who'd make the pizza?

Probably nobody, but that's OK since it would be one less junk food for MO to monitor and condemn.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

You know what your right, its so easy to find a good job that makes you happy these days. I think I might quit my 250k+ a year job, I am sure there is another just waiting for me, I mean come on Unemployment is dowwwnnn rriigghhtt (no hmmm)...ahh your right they should put it for sick leave...God Bless America, lets all quit our jobs and go on welfare as well.

The TSA agents are human beings, they are not all molesters or child abusers as a lot of you ignorant morons state, they are no different then you and me, they just work in a job that is not very popular at the moment.

I am done with replying to bigots and idiots on this subject...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Good subject DD. I saw this in the news recently, as well. I too feel the refusal of service may be illegal. A better tact might be to advertise really lousey service for TSA agents and follow through with the act should they darken your entrance. I could envision all kinds of brilliant ideas in this regard.

Personally, I find TSA agents to be akin to the lowest scum of society. People who for the sake of a paycheck will humilliate and terrorize their fellow citizens. These loosers deserve no accomodations, IMO.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Where's the cafe that refuses to serve TSA?
There are too many questions about the article, but y'all jump right into the debate over TSA and divide yourselves instead of maybe realizing there was something fishy going on. Nobody is curious about why there is no restaurant named? Nobody? Really?
Please go have a look at my thread to see what I have been hagging about on this thread....
It's almost like...the article accomplished what it was meant to.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Personally, I find TSA agents to be akin to the lowest scum of society. People who for the sake of a paycheck will humilliate and terrorize their fellow citizens. These loosers deserve no accomodations, IMO.

Really? I don't hear stories about people dying while in TSA custody or being shot as they reach for their wallet.

I'm still trying to figure what is humiliating about the process at airports? I mean have you people never been to a club....errr...a real club not the backyard, backwood, byob, places some people attend. At a club you are thorougly searched before you enter. Have none of you been to a professional sporting event, again you are searched.

Tis the reason I say most of the people are just complaining because you hear others doing so.

As far as the restaraunt situation...the TSA workers should be happy to not patrionage there. It's not the only restaraunt in town. That restaraunt is the business losing valuable revenue. And to beat some of you to the punch...if every restaraunt denied them service, TSA would just set up a chow hall for the TSA workers, a win for them.

You people want to fight but don't even know who and when to fight. You're like the little cartoon characters who get slapped on the back of the neck and you just start swinging at anyone near.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yes, it is legal. Let them do it. And maybe the TSA will be one less in power.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by drink2forget

What blows my mind about this 10 page thread is this...
Has anyone remotely thought that perhaps everyone is overthinking and over analyzing this?
In the year 2000 you still had to go through a metal detector. Now it's a bit more advanced than that.
Are there not some REAL issues out there? Grab my sack all you want, but please be sure to sort out the bombs from the car keys. The metal detector 11 year ago was a pain in the ass. Now the scanner is a new kind of pain in the ass. By the grace of zeus's balls, It's just part of the process.
edit on 07/23/2007 by drink2forget because: real ugly

this is part of the process of destroying freedom! now that is a real issue and this definately needs thinking and analyzing a lot more. this is not about security for the people its part of a cunning and well thought out strategy to deliberately strip people of their rights and also dignity i suspect. wasnt the panty bomber rushed onto his flight without security checks and in suspicious circumstances. these people are being used to promote facisim and the sad fact is they dont even know it. this is what blows my mind.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DropOfKim
Hey, just in case any of you are interested in, you know, denying ignorance, which this poor thread seems to have an abundance of, you may be interested to know that the TSA for Seattle had no idea of any restaurants banning them. Also, the (using the term loosely) consumer journalist that is responsible for information to begin with, took it upon himself to assume (we all know what that does, right folks?) that it was a Seattle cafe being referred to based on the ip addy from someone who emailed him and wouldn't even share her real name with him.I've been screaming since the beginning to do your research and was largely ignored while y'all busied yourselves painting a line in the middle of the room to separate the TSA haters and TSA sympathizers. For all we know, this was someone upset with the TSA because she had to show them her nipple rings or because they tossed out little Johnny's play dough and decided to contact someone whose articles are largely negative involving any kind of travel means.

Why bother...y'all are too busy dividing yourselves.

even if this is disinfo or propaganda its about time thier own tactics were turned against them. whats that old saying......whats good for the goose is good for the gander. sure its dirty but this is the hell we live in these days.sometimes you need to fight fire with fire. having principles is great when you can afford them

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
So who in the US is going to be the Ghandis and the Tunisians?

`No one... we have ATS to whine on from the comfort of our easy chairs with a cold beer just a yell to the wife away.

America's famous backbone has turned to jello

:shk:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

The "government" has no face and no place. Who do you think these guys are? Believe me the rafters are shaking.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
PLEASE READ REGARDING THE LEGALITY

I'm amazed at the number of people who don't read a thread before commenting.

TSA AGENTS ARE NOT A PROTECTED CLASS (race, gender, etc.), SO IT IS PERFECTLY LEGAL TO DECLINE SERVICE TO THEM IN A PUBLIC ESTABLISHMENT!

(Sorry, for yelling, but this has been posted several times.)

I fly about every other week for work, which means that I have the choice of a testicle cupping or a backscatter radiation hit with a nudie picture every other week.

I'm betting that those who think it is "no big deal" are not flying often.

Also, and most importantly, IT IS A FLAWED SYSTEM that El Al (best security in the world) took a pass on because it was EASY TO FOOL.

www.washingtontimes.com...

blog.thetravelinsider.info...

If I am going to sacrifice my civil rights (which I can't see myself doing willingly), how about I do it for a security program that was not created to line Washington defense contractor pockets and give Obama good PR.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasCurat

While they might not be a 'protected class' and it very well may be a flawed system, I think people need to be reminded that TSA agents are people too and we should be WELL ABOVE discrimination at this point. There are other ways to deal with disliking the air travel process that don't involve such hate directed at husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, etc.

Also, I have recently heard (meaning I cannot 100% say it is absolutely true) that TSA agents are to go directly to and from work while in uniform. They are not to be walking around, visiting, shopping, eating at cafes and such while in uniform. Why? I think after the level of hate in this thread we can see why.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think turnabout is fair play. What the TSA is doing is illegal IMO but their just employee's doing a job they we're told to do by TPTB. So I think the wait staff should do what they're asked to do from the one that signs their checks legal or not and no the TSA is not a protected class. Many clubs/bars have banned M/C's if they are wearing their colors to prevent conflicts with other patrons. I don't see any difference here at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by hawaii50th

You know what your right, its so easy to find a good job that makes you happy these days. I think I might quit my 250k+ a year job, I am sure there is another just waiting for me, I mean come on Unemployment is dowwwnnn rriigghhtt (no hmmm)...ahh your right they should put it for sick leave...God Bless America, lets all quit our jobs and go on welfare as well.

The TSA agents are human beings, they are not all molesters or child abusers as a lot of you ignorant morons state, they are no different then you and me, they just work in a job that is not very popular at the moment.

I am done with replying to bigots and idiots on this subject...

Given your nom de plume here, I seriously doubt if your 250k+ a year job involves suppression of the Bill of Rights for American citizens. If I'm wrong, and it does, then maybe you OUGHT to quit it, and re-evaluate what it is that caused you to sell us out like that.

I would dumpster dive for a living before I would do that, and I believe you would, too. I don't know how long you spent in the Corp, but if you are oriented otherwise, you're quite unlike any of the other Marines I've known.

As has been said, there were a lot of decent Nazi soldiers in World War II who were just fighting for their "Fatherland" and trying to feed a family. The problem is, they enabled the machine to do the evil it did by participating as they did. The difference there was that a lot of them were under the gun themselves. NO ONE will shoot a TSA agent for walking away from a job that doesn't need doing, and which is far more suppressive of Americans Rights than it is protective of them. Therefore, I hold TSA officers and agents FAR more culpable than the average Nazi soldier.

I put my money where my mouth is, too. I actually DID walk away from a job that was heading down the wrong road. Spent 18 months unemployed, and never looked back. Never collected a dime of unemployment or welfare, either. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if tomorrow I was told that violating the Bill of Rights was suddenly a new part of my job description.

Now tell me you wouldn't, and would rather just go along with the program.

edit on 2011/2/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join