It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle-Area Restaurant Refuses To Serve TSA Agents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

consumerist.com

Fed up with what he views as crappy treatment from the TSA, the owner of a restaurant near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport has decided to put all TSA agents on his No-Eat List.

"We have posted signs on our doors basically saying that they aren't allowed to come into our business," one employee tells travel journalist Christopher Elliott. "We have the right to refuse service to anyone."

She says that whenever a TSA agent attempts to dine at the restaurant, "we turn our backs and completely ignore them, and tell them to leave... Their kind aren't welcomed in our establishment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Not sure what to think of this particular story, as specifics really aren't given here.

But if this is true, is this even legal to do? Not that I think that what the TSA agents do is legal either, but refusing service to anyone donning a TSA uniform?

And if it is legal, I am unsure of whether it is going to really impact much, as the agents themselves are merely small crumbs on a much larger loaf of bread. Their violations of the masses are being enabled by big brother and their corporate pupeteers.

Thoughts on this one folks?

consumerist.com

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thanks for posting this up, I wish they had named the restaurant I would definitely go eat there.
Second verse same as the first.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

consumerist.com

Fed up with what he views as crappy treatment from the TSA, the owner of a restaurant near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport has decided to put all TSA agents on his No-Eat List.

"We have posted signs on our doors basically saying that they aren't allowed to come into our business," one employee tells travel journalist Christopher Elliott. "We have the right to refuse service to anyone."

She says that whenever a TSA agent attempts to dine at the restaurant, "we turn our backs and completely ignore them, and tell them to leave... Their kind aren't welcomed in our establishment.

Sorry if this was said already...

But the way this restraunte is treating the TSA agents is exactly how people in the south used to treat blacks during segregation.

The question now is: How the heck are they gunna know who is TSA and who isn't? Unless they are wearing their TSA uniform off-duty lol.
edit on 22-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Someone has to be the first with everything. I admire the message they are trying to convey. It may not do much of anything but bring them both positive and negative attention, but maybe it will inspire more to be creative in protesting the TSA and all Big Brother intrusiveness. I would eat there and bring them positive and supportive energy and encouragement.

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Of course it's legal to do

***Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone****

What's illegal is if they place a mandatory gratuity on some patrons but not all.

Or if they were to charge a higher price to some patrons but not all.

There was a pretty big stink in the Carolinas recently about a popular eatery there that started refusing service to families with small children, citing that noisy children upset mature diners.

Perfectly legal as a private business to refuse service.

Also a super idea to get the message out that we are getting sick of the TSA. Hopefully more businesses will follow suit, and these jr. gestapo agents will become the pariahs and social outcasts that they really are.

If I ever get to Seatlle I would go out of my way to give this restaurant my business.

+57 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

The difference is that blacks in the south during segregation had no choice about being black. The TSA agents have a choice as to their employer, and how they conduct themselves while on the job.

Let them eat in their SS break rooms, after a thoroughly intrusive, illegal and abusive search.

edit on 2/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 2/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: last phrase in last sentence

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
we need to find out which restaurant...sea-tac area huh!....i'm proud of them, we could go after the big dogs but they won't show their stinking faces, so the agents will do, the sorry sap suckers

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wait till the TSA unionizes they'll burn that place down.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Although I am not overly fond of the TSA, this is their job. A way to feed and cloth their families while keeping their homes heated and cooled.

In an economy like the one we have now, there are not too many folks who would turn down honest, gainful employment like this.

The establishment has a right to choose who they service of course, but no matter how flat you make a pancake it will always have two sides.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh Sweet Chocolate Jesus...The TSA are just trying to do their jobs.
I work in the Airline industry, and i've watched my wife receive "the advanced pat down," when we travel.
It was a joke, took less than a minute and we laughed about it afterwards. You get frisked more thoroughly before going into a sporting event (The security guard did infact grab my junk at a Twins game). It's nothing to be concerened about and none of the TSA folks seem all that happy to be doing it either. I wish the "media sensation," of this would just go away and move on to the next non-issue. The TSA are also people, and need to F'n eat! It's just plain wrong that they would refuse service to them, especially if they are on a 10 hour shift on their feet all day....but it's putting the companies name in the news so good for them.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think this is the place La Pisa Cafe Sea-Tac www.yelp.com... I'm going to try to make it in there tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Silverado292 because: Addition

edit on 22-2-2011 by Silverado292 because: Grammer

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yep, it's perfectly legal to refuse service. Like at my job when two guys come in, and I can see on the parking lot cameras that they have two full cars of people, I won't check them in.

Nothin the TSA Agents can really do about it, it's his business if he wants to exclude people based on what line of work they do, it's his right as a business owner.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

the agents themselves are merely small crumbs on a much larger loaf of bread.

still part of the same loaf though. i love it!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Good to see a business owner exercise their rights - as theyre allowed to.. Even better that theyre standing up to the tsa thugs.. More businesses should follow suit...
NO SHOES
NO SHIRTS
T.S.A
NO SERVICE
edit on 22-2-2011 by Expat888 because: Drunken Gremlins...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I 100 percent support the rights of private business to serve the clientele they see fit.

Personally I find the actions of the place small minded petty and indicative of regressive thinking.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Lived in the State of Washington all my life and most every restaurant I have ever seen, even in the '60's, had a sign on the door with a posting of rules, like "no shirt, no shoes, no service" plus the statement that "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"

Yep, it's true, If you own a business or manage one in the state, you can tell anyone to leave at any time with, or without a reason, and if they refuse to leave they can be arrested for trespassing..

Have seen this in other situations too, usually involves some local political spat and then someone refuses to serve some group or whatever to try and make a loud statement, so to speak..

It is legal to refuse service to anyone, although it is pretty rare to see it, and even more rare to read about it, or hear it on the news..

I am very happy to see it being employed against an illegal force, such as the TSA.. They are mostly what I would call the folks at the bottom of the spiritual food chain..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Wait till the TSA unionizes they'll burn that place down.

Are you talking literally or figuratively? Either way I don't understand what your talking about, I doubt TSA is going to physically burn a place down that doesn't serve them, and they would have absolutely no other recourse, union or not, other than boycotting them, which accomplishes nothing but what the ban does in the first place (TSA people not eating there)

I think this is awesome, screw the TSA. I know they aren't all bad, but that's like saying I'm sure not all SS troops were bad.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Although I am not overly fond of the TSA, this is their job. A way to feed and cloth their families while keeping their homes heated and cooled.

In an economy like the one we have now, there are not too many folks who would turn down honest, gainful employment like this.

The establishment has a right to choose who they service of course, but no matter how flat you make a pancake it will always have two sides.

Yeah that's pretty much how it went in Nazi Germany too, but those who survived the war got to starve and be raped and mugged for months while cleaning up the rubble of what used to be their beautiful cities and homes.

Our government is out of control, at perpetual war, part of it's against the citizens, hence the TSA and Homeland Security and selling out for a paycheck is not only morally bankrupt but in the long run very dangerous.

America needs to wake up to History and be honest that just because it's us becoming the good little Nazis this time, and just because it's our nation that's becoming a fascist police state, doesn't mean we won't pay the same ultimate price that those who did before ended up paying.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Yep, it's perfectly legal to refuse service. Like at my job when two guys come in, and I can see on the parking lot cameras that they have two full cars of people, I won't check them in.

Nothin the TSA Agents can really do about it, it's his business if he wants to exclude people based on what line of work they do, it's his right as a business owner.

What line of business are you in? How is having cars full of people a bad thing? Isn't that called more customers?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join