It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel elected next mayor of Chicago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel was elected mayor of Chicago on Tuesday, easily overwhelming five rivals to take the helm of the nation's third-largest city as it prepares to chart a new course without the retiring Richard M. Daley.

With 89 percent of the precincts reporting, Emanuel was trouncing five opponents with 55 percent of the vote — a margin that allowed him to avoid an April runoff. He needed more than 50 percent of the vote to win outright.

I just thought all the people that were cheering when Rahm was temporarily thrown off the ballot would like to hear that the people of Chicago have had their say...and they overwhelmingly choose Rahm Emanuel. Good thing our court system worked and allowed Rahm to be put back on the ballot

I know I know...dirty Chicago politics...blah blah blah.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Rigged....I wonder who really should have won, not that it matters anyway...did I say rigged already? Oh ya i did....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Rampant corruption wins again. In a state that is $60 BILLION in the hole. Now a guy who has never lived there who just owned a home with boxes upstairs suddenly becomes Mayor. Oh yeah he works for the most corrupt federal gov in history too…..

Detroit had a mayor like this once too.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Shocker...........not. Same old same old. Maybe thats why all the dem cut and runners headed to Illinois instead of staying in their states to vote. Big party at taxpayer expense to celebrate the communist victory.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
Rigged....I wonder who really should have won, not that it matters anyway...did I say rigged already? Oh ya i did....

You just can't accept that Rahm is popular in Chicago huh?

Chico had 24 percent of the vote compared to 9 percent for both del Valle and Braun.

He not only won, he crushed the other candidates.

But yeah...rigged...whatever.

link   
Further evidence of the corruption of the system by Obama and his minions - or is Obama a minion; I can never get that straight.

Anyway how much you want to bet that if the same situation were used by a Republican he would have been off the ballot so fast we'd be sucked into the backwash donw here in Missouri...

link   
beyond words. this is crazy, it was like it was given to him. alot of strings must have been pulled and alot of favors promised.

it thought the show boardwalk empire was a fictional account of political corruption now it's seems it is 100% accurate.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hell, give him a chance to see what he can do.
I'm willing to bet he can't do no worse than Daley.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Steve8511

Now a guy who has never lived there who just owned a home with boxes upstairs suddenly becomes Mayor. Oh yeah he works for the most corrupt federal gov in history too

LOL...I love the mis-information on this website.

Rahm lived in Chicago for a long long time, but he had to move to DC to do his job for the Obama administration...which the IL law protects his residency for having to move for work for the Federal government.

And the most corrupt federal gov. in history....LOL...source please???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
S n F - Just for being the only person I've ever seen that actually defends Rahm.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Maybe thats why all the dem cut and runners headed to Illinois instead of staying in their states to vote.

Or, maybe it is because Illinois is the closest state to Madison, WI??? Nah...it must be because they are having huge orgies with the democrats in illinois.

Big party at taxpayer expense to celebrate the communist victory.

He is a communist now??? LOL...I love the unsupported rhetoric that gets shared here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Further evidence of the corruption of the system by Obama and his minions

Do you have any evidence...any evidence at all of corruption?

Or is it just that the guy you don't like won, so that means it is rigged and corrupt??? Solid logic guys.

Anyway how much you want to bet that if the same situation were used by a Republican he would have been off the ballot so fast we'd be sucked into the backwash donw here in Missouri...

You mean if they did exactly what the law said they needed to do to remain elgible as a resident???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

beyond words. this is crazy, it was like it was given to him. alot of strings must have been pulled and alot of favors promised.

Why? Why is it so hard for you to believe that Rham won...he is unbelievably popular in Chicago and in Illinois.

I'll ask you the same thing I've asked others...any proof at all a strings being pulled???

This doesn't come as a surprise to anyone that has been following the election...Rahm has always been the favorite...by a large large margin. The opponents were only hoping to keeping him from getting 50% to have a runoff...none of them knew they had a chance to beat him.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
S n F - Just for being the only person I've ever seen that actually defends Rahm.

Not really defended Rham...I'm more challenging peoples ignorance.

They are on here paroting things they have heard...very general things like "Rham is bad"...and yet they have no clue what it is that makes him bad.

I would love for anyone to give me some examples of what makes him so "bad".

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You know people, not every election is rigged

Shesh oh Pete, some people don't realize that name recognition goes a long way in politics, especially in local elections. You got Rahm, a known quantity, someone that everyone has heard of, and the other people, who, be honest, do you even know who else was running without having to look them up?

While Rahm is a snake in the grass to be sure, I am confident that the election was done by the law.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I've just always seen him as a Zionist / Israeli agent since he served in the Military there and such. Never really thought he had America's interests at heart.

Other than that I don't know much about him.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Funny you should mention the other candidates.

The guy that came in second place, Chico, not a bad guy...but not very well known.

What is worrisome is the person who came in third...Mosley-Braun....good lord I don't even know how she managed to figure out how to enter the election.

And I wonder if people are thinking he beat a Republican...LOL...this is Chicago...Republicans don't even run for Mayor because they have no chance. A democrat was winning this election, that wasn't even in question.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Do you have any evidence...any evidence at all of corruption?

How about the fact that he was legally ineligible to run in the first place? Gee whiz

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

*bangs head on the wall*

I'll just post part of the IL supreme courts ruling...but I'm sure you know better than they do

newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...

"This court’s decision is based on the following and only on the following: (1) what it means to be a resident for election purposes was clearly established long ago, and Illinois law has been consistent on the matter since at least the 19th Century; (2) the novel standard adopted by the appellate court majority is without any foundation in Illinois law; (3) the Board’s factual findings were not against the manifest weight of the evidence; and (4) the Board’s decision was not clearly erroneous."

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I wouldn't expect too much out of this crowd, most of them might as well be on the FOX News payroll.

If they see certain names it immediately gives them the fits and they foam at the mouth and start swearing. They just think whatever Sean Hannity tells them to think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join