It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating the world you live in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae7d3b22ee22.png[/atsimg]

I wish it was that simple!

First of all, each person is different. What worked for me, may not work for you and vice versa. The main thing I want you to know and understand is you must learn to create the world you want to live in. There are more ways than one to do so. I would strongly suggest starting with the basics, eat healthy, work out, be positive and meditation. Start making yourself feel better, find out what makes you tick emotionally and physically. Its time to find the issues and solve them, dont let them control you. Heres some things I did to help change my life. Not everything I did will work for everyone, its a unique process but i hope this sparks the change for better in your life!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c10e0b22a0ff.jpg[/atsimg]
*Isolation tank - Its basically a sensory deprivation tank that allows you to take focus off your physical body and focus only on your mind. Scientific research of isolation tanks - It works because you float in salt water with such a buoyancy you cannot feel your body anymore. It is completely dark and quiet, fully eliminating all physical and leaving only your mind to take control. It takes a while to really master, you have to learn to LET GO....

Joe Rogan on the isolation tank (how it works and how it changed his life)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa175c791077.jpg[/atsimg]
*Binaural Beats are a great way to start exercising your mind. Its helped me with my meditation and even taken it a step further than before. BBeats really help me take all focus off what is bothering me. Here is a link to hours of binaural beats to get you started. Be sure to use stereo headphones when listening to binaural beats. Some people react differently to binaural beats. If you have Epilepsy DO NOT LISTEN TO BINAURAL BEATS

*Eliminate fluoride from your diet. This is a controversial topic as many dont believe there is fluoride in our food. However there are many who do believe in it and even suggest it calcifies the pineal gland. Here is a list of foods that contain fluoride you should stay away fromlist - Placebo effect or not, once i cut these items out of my diet, i felt great.

*Yoga is another great tool to help your physical body perform better in everyday activities.You will wake up feeling sore after the first few days but eventually you'll wake up feeling refreshed, excited and looking forward to yoga class, man or woman! Here are some basic beginner yoga poses to start with if you cant afford to go to a class. I never went to a class and its done wonders in my life just practicing these positions at home. Here is a yoga pose gallery once you get a bit more advanced.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab39bb21712c.jpg[/atsimg]
*Learn to communicate! This is one of the biggest problems in the world, people cannot communicate honestly or in a healthy manner. Without proper communication there cannot be a proper resolution! Here are some questions to ask yourself...

Am I seeking to understand the person? Am I listening and really hearing what he/she is saying? Am I expressing my own point of view so he/she understands what I mean? Is there anything I’m doing in my nonverbal communication (tone of voice, body language, etc.) that I don’t intend to communicate? Am I making a quick judgement without examining the facts? Am I trying to see things from many different angles or am I just looking at things in an either/or fashion? Am I adjusting my own communication patterns to suit the person I’m dealing with?
from powertochange.com...

I really hope some of these ideas will help you find out what makes you feel good! its all trial and error. Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add any ideas or exercises that changed your life for the better.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d39eb4cec398.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Great Thread!

Thanks. That has a great start to getting your head right.

People think they have a personality, and it is set in stone. Oh I am this, or I am that. People go on living fictions that they harden into habits. It is all clothing. If some part of you personality is making you unhappy it does not have to be that way. I am not saying it will be easy, or will all change at once. It can though. Simply make a choice to stop thinking about what is wrong with yourself, what happened in the past, what might happen in the future, and live from a different place. Stop perpetuating harmful stories, and embrace the wonder of life!

Here is lecture by Manly P hall that is full of gems of wisdom

Here is the link to the full play list if you like what you hear.

edit on 22-2-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Well said. I think a lot of people dont understand they can really create their happiness. Of course there could situations or events we have no control of but its how we handle those events that make us who we are. Excellent videos you posted as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Love our enemies, forgive everyone and give to the poor

These things are important in my view

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I would like to thank you for posting a thread like this, I think this particular subject is very important to the evolution of people.

I personally believe that THIS is what man was supposed to focus on instead of the 9-5 dead end job that consumes his life until exhaustion.

I try to mediate as much as I can but with all the multitude of distractions and responsibilities that pile up in a modern life it can barely be perused as anything more than a hobby.

I would absolutely love to try out an isolation-tank but I don't know anyone that has one and I don't have the money to buy or make one. It is a huge interest of mine though.

Thanks again for the important thread! Its a shame it doesn't have more threads, these techniques could possibly help many here on these forums expand on their consciousness...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Thank you for your kind words! Here is a link to Float Finder. Type in your location and it will tell you the nearest place to float. If people focused on these types of activities as much as they do Facebook we'd be living in a Utopian society. The problem is people are just continuously going through the motions and not trying to progress. I have faith and hopefully this thread will help atleast a few people out.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here are some more tools...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewm
Love our enemies, forgive everyone and give to the poor

These things are important in my view

Practice long enough and you will have no enemies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In an experiment, we can create a false polarity, however, the equilibrium point will always be one that was chosen. In life, the equilibrium point is a state of complete paradox, a state that can never be perceived. We can come close to it in an isolation tank, however, on the verge of complete emptiness is complete infinity.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Awesome videos. thank you for contributing!!!
Feel free to add as much as you like!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thank you for the great post.
I have been really making a lot of progress in my life getting out of depression and starting to become happy.
This is exactly the kind of thing I have been looking for as I keep moving forward in my journey.

top topics

join