It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name the F-35

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In 9150 missiles are just little atoms of antimatter teleported where you are.

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah ronii you are right the missile was mediocre compared to missiles today you know why... Cus it was first produced in 9150!!!

Also the hummingbird is not scary enough.
[edit on 3-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

How'd they send it back to the late 50's then?

You'd think that a missile from 9150 would have done a little better than it did.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by Popeye
Here are some lesser known Bird of Prey names that have not yet been mentioned - I am sure some have been used before for aircraft or engines (Rolls Royce - Merlin, Griffon etc that powered the Spitfire)

Merlin
Peregrine
Kite
Gyrfalcon
Black Baza
Griffon
Caracara
Falconet

merlin is a chopper in the RN. iv heard griffon before some where as well.

Saab JAS 39 Gripen (Griffon) For a neutral country, the Swedes sure design some nice aircraft.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Daedalus, the man who used wax to put feathers tp make wings and flew to close to the sun and it melted.
As somebody said before, Icarus, Daedalus's son flew to close to the sun. Daedalus was the smart one. Plus what does the F-35 have to do with that, its not like its a high altitude aircraft.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
F-35B Mosquito: I never seem to see those damn things before they stick it in me.

[edit on 08/19/2004 by Jack Martin]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I dont have any names.. but.. should the Air Force/Navy/Mariene versions have the same or different names? Are there any other aircraft in DOD that serve in different branches with different configurations, that have different names?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Big Ugly, because that is one ugly and mean looking plane.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Has anyone used up F-35 Wasp? It is small and will sting hard.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I never see a Mosquito before it nails me. I still like F-35B MOSQUITO.

[edit on 08/19/2004 by Jack Martin]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Anybody considered something like the "Wal-Mart Brand Fighter", I mean really it's like one of those gereric colas you buy at the grocerry store, like the Sams Club Cola. The F-35 is nothing compared to the F-22. It may be nice compared to other bargain fighters like the F-18 but its just not enough. Especially with the revival of Russian aviation coming along. They should have made it like the F-14, no limits, just the best fighter they could possibly come up with. But something like the Wasp as somebody said sounds about right. I like the name because it's small, fast, cheap, and over all weak on its own.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What about the "Crow"?

I do have to say, Raven will fit it best...Maybe Storm Raven? I dunno...

And bird of prey names are not the standard, remember? Lightning? Tomcat? Hellcat?

maybe Timber Wolf will fit it!

sorry for ressing this post...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
"The Pentagon is expected to bestow an official nickname on the F-35 shortly before first flight in 2005, and the program office is collecting suggestions. Names proposed so far include Bumblebee, Defender, Gryphon, and Butterfly."

It looks like they are taking suggestions guys
We have to find this program office before they name this thing Butterfly or Bumblebee
Please god no, theres still time.

www.afa.org...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join