It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name the F-35

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thunderflash
Super Mustang
Stallion
Viking
Pelican (?)
Sukhoi-fodder
Superman

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Heres another name I forgot all about the flying dinosaurs.

QUETZALCOATLUS
Named after the Aztec feathered god Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatlus was a flying reptile whose wing-span was just under 36 feet wide (10.96 m)

Wing Span of the, F-35A = 35.10 ft (10.70 m)

Pretty uncanny the wingspans are just about the same

Now if only it had a shorter name that was easier to pronounce.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure if Havoc was officially adopted or not. But I'm not sure the F-35 is worthy of such a name. The USAF generally has its fighters seperated into two groups. The high-end expensive fighters, and the not as good but still decent "cost-effective" fighters. Now the F-22 is the high end fighter while the F-35 was designed as the cost-effective fighter. I'm not sure any "cost-effective" fighter will ever deserve such an awesome name. It should belong to a high end fighter such as the F-22. Interestingly enough the Wraiths in Starcraft are cool because they can cloak. For all you non-sci-fi fans out there cloak means turn invisible. It was almost made for the F-35. Too bad a PC game took it. How about the Baneshee, or the phantom.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'd say the Hummingbird. It doesn't sound that cool, but it can hover like a hummingbird can, so I think it's pretty fitting.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Whatever the name is I just hope the air force doesn't stick with the JSF. It sounds bad the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter...ewww.
Has anyone thought of the Black Scoter its a bird name I think it sounds kool.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
what you dont want a fully operational hover A2A/G plane?
fine if you dont want em britain will gladly replace some of our jets with yours,wanna swap?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvaderZoch
I'd say the Hummingbird. It doesn't sound that cool, but it can hover like a hummingbird can, so I think it's pretty fitting.

Hummingbird is already the name of a new helicopter UAV, The A160 Hummingbird

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

by Devilwasp
what you dont want a fully operational hover A2A/G plane?
fine if you dont want em britain will gladly replace some of our jets with yours,wanna swap?

Devil are you responding to my post? If you are you misunderstood what said I mean they shouldn't stick wit the name JSF not hey shouldn't stick with the plane.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Devil are you responding to my post? If you are you misunderstood what said I mean they shouldn't stick wit the name JSF not hey shouldn't stick with the plane.

OH OK. thought u said u didnt want the plane there.
i like the name JSF its ok for now. but you need a catchy name like......the crane cause both the JSF and the crane are sea capabile.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
well there is the Night hawk, the black hawk, the flight hawk,.......how about the Hawk? probably has been used before so it could be the hawk II. Then you could use the old AIM-7's name of Sparrow because the missile was only mediocre compared to the AMRAAm of today. But the hummingbird does seem okay

How about the buzzard

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Then you could use the old AIM-7's name of Sparrow because the missile was only mediocre compared to the AMRAAm of today.

Yeah ronii you are right the missile was mediocre compared to missiles today you know why... Cus it was first produced in 9150!!!

Also the hummingbird is not scary enough.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah ronii you are right the missile was mediocre compared to missiles today you know why... Cus it was first produced in 9150!!!

Also the hummingbird is not scary enough.

How'd they send it back to the late 50's then?

You'd think that a missile from 9150 would have done a little better than it did.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Daedalus, the man who used wax to put feathers tp make wings and flew to close to the sun and it melted.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Daedalus, the man who used wax to put feathers tp make wings and flew to close to the sun and it melted.

Icarus Daedalus's dumb a$$ son was the one that flew to close to the sun even though his father warned him.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
How about python?

=-Rich

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Python is a name of the Israeli close A2A missile. Plus the sparrow I think is still being used in some aircraft today not sure if its being used in the US that is why I said "the missile was" instead of "the missile is"

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just found great names for the F-35!!!

F-35 Pigeon
F-35 Seagull
F-35 Magpie
F-35 Chicken
F-35 FlyingPheasant

what do you think?

[edit on 7-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
How about the F-35 Thunder, sound kinda cool

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link