It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Christchurch Earthquake Human Induced by ELF?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

I cannot believe what you just wrote.
You would like us to not question this event, out of respect for the NZ people.... I do not understand this. On this site we have representatives from all across the board. The point of this site is to DENY IGNORANCE and QUESTION what we have been told as truth. NZ is no different to anywhere else, it is a part of planet Earth.

A natural disaster is a terrible time for all involved, I applaud the OP for raising questions regarding the cause. The rise in natural disasters is a topic that should be discussed, from all angles.
"We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future" - Max Plank.

Just because earthquakes in the past have occured naturally...........

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Is it not more likely that an earthquake on a major tectonic faultline in a country that experiences thousands of earthquakes a year is purely natural?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It is definately more likely this was just a natural disaster. I have zero qualifications to comment on this matter, however I will always support somebody who respectfully asks questions.Regardless of timing.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by moonpie86

I wrote it because (a) I'm a skeptic and (b) it is personal to me, with family there. I'm 360 km to the south (and felt this one too). Yes earthquakes occurred naturally in the past, just as this one was natural. I personally can't believe the idiots who are circling like vultures to pounce with "it was man made". Yes this is a conspiracy site, but it should be educated not knee jerk. To begin with you have a number of posters in the thread I started (and possibly reading this) who are IN Christchurch. Have some empathy for them if nothing else.

Idiots.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It might like to be known that the mornning of the Christchurch quakes, there was a combined Civil Defense/Armed Forces/International Armed Forces/International SAR joint group exercise happening, in Christchurch. They were practising and preparing for eventualities such as another quake like the one that hit Christchurch on September 4th last year.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

If you do not want to discuss the possibility of man made interaction, why don't you just leave this thread?
There is not much else to say, unless you have some sort of concrete proof that this was pure nature, unaffected by mankind?

Clearly, all posters in this thread will try to have respect for those involved and the loss of life. Just because its where you live though, and just because you know people personally affected, does not mean this subject is off the cards.

I thought it was bizarre that when crisis struck, and doctors were needed STAT, there just happened to be a doctors conference with plenty of help around......... odd

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInternet

I want to know more about this!!

Are you telling me that at the time the Earthquake hit, there were already a bunch of people practising for an earthquake!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Where did you get that?

There were 100 or so Singapore troops at Burnham for the regular biennial defence exercises - Exercise Lion Walk, and 1000 or so NZDF personnel were there for wargames

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by moonpie86

These have been planned throughout many countries for over a year around the Ring of Fire so don't turn this in to something else.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonpie86

I want to know more about this!!

Are you telling me that at the time the Earthquake hit, there were already a bunch of people practising for an earthquake!

no, they weren't - see my post immediately after you asked this - they were all there for wargames and simlar.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
noted, thanks for that

Its always good to remember that sometimes, coincidences do happen. Irony and the like.
I shouldnt follow threads whilst im at work, time to go follow those links on plans of rebuilding christchurch.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2011 by Tallone because: Reposting...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Plans already under way for Christchurch:

www.csgsummit.com.au...

www.pesa.com.au...

www.crownminerals.govt.nz...

ss01.boardroomradio.com...

Widespread Energy Ltd: www.raremetalinvestor.com...

It is well worth casting an eye down those articles. Because if an explanation involves a human hand then you need only follow the money trail. Ask the question.

Who stands to profit the most?

Mining is a very controversial topic anywhere. But in NZ it gets tangled further with traditional Maori land land and foreshore rights, and further complicated by tribal relations, and the question of representation of Maori as a whole identified mostly and unfortunately in the statistics for disproportionately large numbers amongst the most impoverished Kiwis.

Then there are the giant international corporations being lured to take a bite out of the NZ pie with a supposed trickle down benefit for Kiwis.

The commercial, and lets just say corporate interests at stake here are one aspect of a prioritising profit over people. Evidence of this should be blatant enough with the Pike River mining disaster earlier. Completely avoidable loss of life, and a total coverup.

In ChCh there is also the very real damage that bloody well should have been avoided. You can rest assured there will be a rush to cover this up also.

There was a major earthquake event in September last year. Those buildings that collapsed should never have been passed as they were. That much is obvious after the fact. For the authorities to decide the worst scenario could not happen, that a stronger earthquake would occur, was to totally ignore what scientists were saying.

Inspection of those buildings that took place following the September 2010 quake should have shown the inadequacy of those buildings. The September quake was unusual both in its origin and shallow depth. Both made it an extreme threat to ChCh. The known ground base (swamp, sand, silt, gravel bed and proximity to the sea) on which ChCh is built was an added risk factor that engineers and scientists knew of and warned of the danger. Massive liquefaction will see the tallest building in ChCh topple in the days to come, unless they can figure a way to bring it down in a controlled manner damn soon.

My concern with ChCh is driven by associations by one degree. I believe people need to ask themselves why those large buildings filled with people collapsed completely when others of a similar era and older did not.

I know, I haven't mentioned where I stand on whether this was "human induced". Well, frankly I stand to one side on that question at the moment. One can only conjecture at this stage. Even though the quakes were very unusual. However, the evidence of "human induced" damage by criminal indifference and disregard is there for all with eyes to see.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Tallone because: So many words too many mistakes

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I fully agree with you.....cost cutting will come to the forefront once things have calmed down in the months ahead.

Because this quake in CHCH was shallow; I'm quietly keeping my thoughts to myself until later but let me tell you I strongly doubt this was an aftershock as scientists are claiming. I'm still digging but a couple of things keep jumping out.

Pike Mine? Don't even get me started on that one; none of our men should have lost their lives. Like the floods in QLD, mark my words there will be closed doors to the public during parts of the royal commission/investigations and then it will be sealed for 100 years.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So this thread asks the question, was the earthquake manmade.

Is there another thread regarding the other matters regarding building structure? I think the plans for the rebuilding of New Zeleand /Mining exploitation could be in a different thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

if you or whoever is trying to cope with whats occured there then you shouldnt be spending your time on a conspiracy website looking up conspiracy theories,

and if you are on a conspiracy theorie website then you shouldnt complain just cause you dont like some of the theories,

if their are conspiracy theories you dont want to see or hear then you are the one who should not be on a conspiracy theory website,

you have no right to tell anyone what they can and cannot theorize about one a theorizing website.

idiot

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here's just a little bit of what I've dug up re the Christchurch earthquakes:

Christchurch Earthquake 4th Sept 2010.

Christchurch 8th Sept 2010: Sulphur smell or gas?
news.smh.com.au...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christchurch Earthquake 21 Feb 2011

Strong smell of gas

EYEWITNESS ACCOUNTS

Amber Armitage said people were wandering around central Christchurch trying to get out but all exits from the city were blocked.

There was a strong smell of gas and clouds of dust.

A bus on Colombo St was "completely trapped under bricks" and people were working to free passengers trapped in it.

She said the quake felt much stronger than the 7.1 September 4 2010 earthquake and thought the city was "irreparable".

Source: www.murmurs.com...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was the smell of sulphur (as civil engineers suggested on the 8th Sept) a prelude or sign of another coming?

There are a number of geothermal seeps in and around Lyttleton Harbour. The earthquakes have had two effects. The shaking causes hydrogen sulphide already in the ground to be released. Faulting causes increased geothermal activity = hot water + hydrogen sulphide.

This website explains tectonics:

all-geo.org...

Now it seems to me the smell of sulphur was a WARNING sign. Why was it ignored?

HELLOOOOOO!!!
edit on 25-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Here's just a little bit of what I've dug up re the Christchurch earthquakes:

Christchurch Earthquake 4th Sept 2010.

On the unusual aspect of the two quakes in Christchurch. Here's a video from TV NZ news.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Um you are a hypocrite.

You think that people on here didn't have family in the other disasters I mentioned and weren;t worried? That is my point. I don't care where you are located. The OP is analyzing a situation, that is what people do on here. If you don't like it don't read the forum.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join