It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mass arrestations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Any News about the 1300+ arrestations in SF yesterday ?

any other arrestations ?

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
What is an "arrestation"?

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
those kinds of words...hehe...

SF could be anything (South Florida, San Fernando, Santa Fe)... I'm assuming you mean San Francisco?

Here's a link...

feeds.bignewsnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Excuse my language inventions .. im from that country that's always outraging the us by inventing international laws

That is really impossible : "Protesters vowed no end to the chaos, even as city leaders lamented the $500,000 a day in police overtime and the distraction from protecting the city against possible terrorist attacks."

Those city leaders seem to be real pigs

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There is no law against protesting...

However, when it affects OTHERS, and blocks entrances and exits, and affects the economy of the city by blocking access to businesses that have nothing at all to do with the war in Iraq...THEN it is a problem, and a crime against the shop owners. It is for THIS reason they were arrested, not protesting.

How would YOU feel if you owned a small french deli in the US, and depend on a certain amount each day to meet expenses, etc., but you didn't make a dime because people were blocking the entrance to your shop, and keeping customers out? Something tells me, you'd be calling the police as well....

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Those city leaders seem to be real pigs

The "pigs" are the protesters tearing up the city.
Not only are causing problems.they showing all the weapons these so called peace protesters are bring to the rallies,stun guns,sling shots,pepper spray etc....
These "pigs" need to be stopped.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
How would YOU feel if you owned a small french deli in the US, and depend on a certain amount each day to meet expenses, etc., but you didn't make a dime because people were blocking the entrance to your shop, and keeping customers out? Something tells me, you'd be calling the police as well....

Police would be in right, since blocking a french deli would be racism, in my opinion...
However protesting against killing shouldnt be quasi-outlawed like that. Sound more like Soviet Union or China than the United States of America

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Same problem...the poor swedish shop owner is still in the red... You're missing my point. They can protest all they want, but when they endanger the safety of others (by bringing weapons, and blocking traffic), or cause a financial loss to others (by blocking businesses), they have stepped across the line, and are now guilty of crimes...

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think i got your point.

This law makes some sense, but not totally. It strips the citizen from any effective means of manifesting their opinion towards a governement that doesnt listen to what they say.

You have to see these laws on protests in the light
of what they achieve : effectively outlawing civil disobedience.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No, it doesn't stop them from voicing their opinion. They aren't merely attempting to voice their opinion, they want to disrupt normal life and activity of the community. The constitution wasn't created for that.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Are you blind?? These protesters who claim they are protesting for peace are turning out to be awfully violent. Dont you find it ironic to march for peace by fighting, throwing rocks, blocking traffic and businesses, trashing property, etc.? It doesn't make a bit of sense to me, I wish they'd go home and let the police worry about protecting us from possible terrorist attacks. We are on high alert and a large majority of our officers are trying to keep "peace protesters" peaceful. Just doesn't make any sense!!

AF1

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You keep talking about their rights to protest, but what about the rights of the people who want nothing to do with them, who are just trying to live their lives. These protesters are disrupting their lives. How effective is vomiting in the streets anyway? It just makes me think they are juvenille and have nothing worthwile to say. How can you take anyone seriusly when they act so childish by breaking things and using violence to get their message across. They are just hurting their cause anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, as i just said i dont deny the owners of the companies protesters would be going against their right of having a billion-dollar villa or something. The protesters also have one or two rights, and the current laws seem to value the right of a company owner over that of perhaps several thousand protesters.

That has to change in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, as i just said i dont deny the owners of the companies protesters would be going against their right of having a billion-dollar villa or something. The protesters also have one or two rights, and the current laws seem to value the right of a company owner over that of perhaps several thousand protesters.

That has to change in my opinion. Folks need to learn that freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you want, when you want, and how loud you want. The moment these protesters infringe on the rights of the business owners they lose their rights. In all criminal cases action taken during the commission of a crime can also be charged. Many of these charges would not have been possible (by law) had the initial infraction not taken place.In order to lawfully protest you must obtain a permit to do so by law. And, yes, even in San Francisco. Individuals can't just go out and hurt other people because they feel for a certain cause.
By the way SHOCK & AWE has just begun 12:30 EST

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I respect the protesters chanting about "Making peace. Not war," but they don't seem to understand that in order to have peace you must abolish the terror first and that is what I think we're trying to do in this war. That is what Bush is trying to do. Didn't he say after 9/11 that we will stop terrorist wherever they are? Well, Saddam is a terrorist in my opinion. Yes, there are still terrorist out there but they are probably much harder to find. We will find them eventually.

I'm tired of hearing everyone say we need to give Saddam more time in a peacefull way. Well we gave Saddam more than enough time to make peace and show us what weapons of mass destruction he had.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I saw somewhere that one of those protesters died falling off the Golden Gate Bridge. Interesting that people protesting the war are resorting to violence. Oh, guess it does make sense though, they are against an action that is protecting not only them, but freeing a country and keeping them from being murdered and tortured daily.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shady
I saw somewhere that one of those protesters died falling off the Golden Gate Bridge. Interesting that people protesting the war are resorting to violence. Oh, guess it does make sense though, they are against an action that is protecting not only them, but freeing a country and keeping them from being murdered and tortured daily.

Directions for Writing in this Forum :
1. Read before you write
2. NO BS

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He is not BSing

Another protester apparently committed suicide by plunging off the Golden Gate Bridge, to deliver his message.

Paul Aladdin Alarab, 44, lowered himself with a rope and harness from the middle of the span, reports the Marin Independent-Journal, and then voluntarily let go of the rope while the police were trying to coax him back to safety.
www.wnd.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Noticed how quiet the official media is about it ?

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TigeriS
Noticed how quiet the official media is about it ?

seems like there's something going on

I saw some pictures from yesterday

much violence

it was on european tv, so i cant link.

are there some american sources about that ?

[Edited on 22-3-2003 by Rascar Capac]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join