It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this revolution in Middle East the beginning of a world revolution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hi ATS...
After a little of thinking I decided to start this threat.

First of all I’m Portuguese. I’m just not living in Portugal.
The last revolution we had it was the 25 April 1974 when we banish the dictator Antonio de Oliveira Salazar (more info en.wikipedia.org...)
Sense than Portugal is a democratic country. (I will do a threat speaking about this subject in the future)

Yes it has same financial problems due to the recession but it’s not that bad like Spain, France or Greece.

But what is really concern me is this, my sister just send me an e-mail to attend a demonstration
FOR the DISMISSAL OF THE ENTIRE POLITICAL CLASS IN PORTUGAL
This e-mail is circling in all e-mails and facebook accounts in Portugal just called to same friend in there (Portugal) and All of them are going to this demonstration.

The original E-mail :
> Subject: ATENÇÃO À DATA: É DIA 12 DE MARÇO DE 2011 ÀS 11H30 - Um milhão na Avenida da Liberdade - EU VOU!!!
> Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2011 14:50:35 +0000
>
> A DATA DO PROTESTO, DE ACORDO COM O GRUPO DO FACEBOOK "1 MILHÃO NA AVENIDA
> DA LIBERDADE PELA DEMISSÃO DE TODA A CLASSE POLÍTICA" É DIA 12 DE MARÇO DE
> 2011 (E NÃO UMA SUPOSTA DATA DE 27 DE FEVEREIRO DE 2011 - CUIDADO COM AS
> DATAS DE QUEM QUER DESTABILIZAR!!!), ACONSELHO A TODOS SEGUIREM O GRUPO NO
> FACEBOOK E A APONTAREM A DATA MARCADA PARA QUE TODOS ESTEJAMOS REUNIDOS NO
> MOMENTO CERTO. DIA 12 DE MARÇO DE 2011!
> O PROTESTO SERÁ EFECTUADO TANTO EM LISBOA, COMO NO PORTO, E, PARECE QUE SE
> REÚNEM CONDIÇÕES PARA QUE ACONTEÇA TAMBÉM NO ALGARVE. NÃO SE DEIXEM ENGANAR,
> VAMOS LUTAR POR UM PAÍS JUSTO!
>
> economico.sapo.pt...
Translation:

Google translated:

Subject: WARNING TO DATE: This is DAY 12 MARCH 2011 TO 11.30 - A million on the Avenida da Liberdade - I WILL!
> Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:50:35 +0000
>
> THE DATE OF THE PROTEST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FACEBOOK GROUP "1 MILLION IN THE AVENUE
> FREEDOM FOR DISMISSAL OF THE ENTIRE CLASS POLICY "It 12TH MARCH
> 2011 (NOT AN ALLEGED DATE OF FEBRUARY 27, 2011 - BEWARE THE
> DATES FOR THOSE WHO WANT destabilize !!!), ADVISE EVERYONE FOLLOW THE GROUP
> FACEBOOK AND POINTING THE DATE SCHEDULED FOR EVERYONE WHETHER MEETING
> RIGHT TIME. 12TH MARCH 2011!
> A PROTEST WILL BE DONE SO MUCH IN LONDON, AS THE PORT, AND IT SEEMS THAT
> MEET THE CONDITIONS FOR WHICH ALSO HAPPENS IN THE ALGARVE. Do not be fooled,
> LET'S FIGHT FOR A COUNTRY FAIR!

I can fill it; the outcome is not going to be good it will be the people vs. the government.

My will is to go in the first plane or train there to know what in the world is going on.

We really are peaceful people if you do a Google search about Portugal you will see everyone likes the weather, food and always smiling people around.

My questions are:
Is this Middle East revolution spreading to Europe?

Are we seeing same kind of world revolution??

Is possible revolution to spread like a virus in the human consciences??

Am I just being paranoiac about all of this and turn out to be nothing??

I’m really distress and concerned about this, if my "baby" sister is going to this demonstration I just also have to be there.
Please feel free to post your thoughts...

edit on 2011 by BenoV because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It did Spain,Greece, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and many other countries have experience riots. It won't be long before Portugal and the US is next.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There are several other threads on this. One of the Nostradamus prophecies, translated years ago, predicts massive unrest in the Middle East at the beginning of 2011 would be a signal of world collapse leading to World War III.

Different prophecy documentaries have been talking about this for years. I've not really paid attention to these until now.

Nostradamus also predicted that the Pope will be assassinated "in the European city where the two rivers meet" in Spring 2011. In June (still Spring for astrologers - summer doesn't officially start until Jun 21) the Pope will be visiting Croatia. In Nostradamus' time, this was one country with Serbia. Belgrade would be one such city.

If the Pope gets assassinated on his state visit, I'll start to pay attention!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I felt the same way. I've wished for political revolution and culturl Renaissance in the us for a while now as it's extremely needed for national sustainability. I just hope that TPTB don't hijack the potential good by misguiding the masses. At this point we should be motivated by what is logical and moral and don't allow corporate sources of information try to mislead the global movement. What te movement really needs is a strong leader or group of visionaries. The masses shouldn't react to issues without correct solutions. If a revolution were to occur the revolutionaries mustn't be swayed by consensus propaganda.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BenoV

While no one (that I know) can accurately predict the future, some things appear to be certain.
The world is in for some big changes on many fronts. Our governments are supposed to provide certain things, like security, and they are failing miserably because of greed.
Governments, after all, are made up of people. and people tend to be corruptible.
What seems to be happening is a mass awakening that is fast becoming out of the control of the controllers. Unfortunately, on other fronts, these same controllers would and will take the world out with them. What do they have to lose?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have an inkling that Nostradamus has something here. Not all of his predictions/theories were fool proof but most were accurate and I feel they should take some heeding. I wonder however if it would be inevitable either way. Even if we thought about it and tried to do everything we think would cause protest would there still be protest.

Most likely these protests will spread everywhere. If people see that protests help change in a country then it will happen elsewhere. We've all been begging our governments to change their tune and start respecting life and make it so it's easier for everyone to live in which they replied a resounding no and whipped the insubordinate slaves.(taxes and such)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

but the future is not fixed though somehow the predictions of protests might have a outcome different to what Nostradamus have seen

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BenoV

If you believe you are educated and believe in the cause, do it.
There is no sense living with false dreams.
And yes there is alot of unrest in the world, i just hope we will not be divided, and i hope the true warmongers death.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There are many reasons why unrest and revolt is spreading. Freedom is inherent to our nature, number one. And we find courage in watching others find their footing and fight for their rights as human beings.

Has anyone else commented on the lack of coverage?

Having been in the media at one point in my life, I can tell when something isn't getting the play it derserves on the news. Yes, it is being reported, but I heard far more about Natalie Holloway and Chandra Levy than I do these revolts. No one has put the "big picture" together for its viewers, as in,"People in the world are really getting pissed."

I think the US press is trying hard not to give Americans "any big ideas."

Anyone else notice this?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I’m not in to prophecy but you just awaked my curiosity,
thanks I will going take a look to all of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The reason I left Portugal is because I don't believe in the Portuguese system
Actually I don’t have anything mine in there only my family
Yes this cause could be good but what really concerns me is:
Will be a blood bath?
Can same one be killed because of this??
That’s what’s tormenting my mind

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BenoV

Yes it could be a bloodbath, but that is yet to see, we just don't know the class of the rulers there yet.
Will people die, i'm sure at least a few will, some generally do even in the "bloodless" revolutions.
We can only hope that if the situation arises that cool heads will prevail.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I hope so. It seems it's only gaining momentum. About time.

I understand your worries for loss of life. Look at what's happening in Libya. But it ultimately depends on how much the peoples of the world value true freedom and not the economic and social slavery the world has been living under. Seems to me that anybody out protesting should realize that some bad things could happen and weigh that against their desire to see things change.
edit on 22-2-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising
I have an inkling that Nostradamus has something here. Not all of his predictions/theories were fool proof but most were accurate and I feel they should take some heeding. I wonder however if it would be inevitable either way. Even if we thought about it and tried to do everything we think would cause protest would there still be protest.

Most likely these protests will spread everywhere. If people see that protests help change in a country then it will happen elsewhere. We've all been begging our governments to change their tune and start respecting life and make it so it's easier for everyone to live in which they replied a resounding no and whipped the insubordinate slaves.(taxes and such)

I was thumbing through a copy of Nostradamas' prophecy interpretations earlier to see if I could find anything about Gaddaffi and the revolution happening in the middle east. You might find this to be quite an interesting read. I printed a copy for myself years ago and occasionally take it from my bookshelf to see if present world events are taking place. Be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page where you will see that there are 8 parts to his interpretations. Whether you believe it or not, the interpretations are unbelievably accurate.

www.faqs.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I’m not living in the US however I’m noticing FEMA camps, Social unrest, corrupt governments, shadow governments, black budgets, media control, mind control, chip implants and the list goes on and on... And I’m not even touch in the 9/11 issue
The sad part is looks like most of population is asleep in the US.

Well...

Fasten your seatbelts America you are going for a bumpy ride.

Just my sincere opinion I don’t intend to offend anyone...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Thank you for this link www.faqs.org... in did is an interesting read

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Is this the beginning of a world revolution? Put simpy, NO this is not the beginning and infact you've all been duped into thinking that it is, everyone thinks that all the middle east revolution is a revoultion by the people, yes at face value it is, but they are being used as pawns to further an agenda, to gain a nwo foothold in the region and to incite ww3 with the arab nations.

Research George Soros, also his Open Society Institute... Mr Soros has a history of staging "revolutions" by funding them and training students, political dissidents/oppositions in how to do create a revolution. Why I hear you ask? Open your eyes and you might just see the answer staring you in the face.

I created a thread on just this... check it out...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
Is this the beginning of a world revolution? Put simpy, NO this is not the beginning and infact you've all been duped into thinking that it is, everyone thinks that all the middle east revolution is a revoultion by the people, yes at face value it is, but they are being used as pawns to further an agenda, to gain a nwo foothold in the region and to incite ww3 with the arab nations.

Research George Soros, also his Open Society Institute... Mr Soros has a history of staging "revolutions" by funding them and training students, political dissidents/oppositions in how to do create a revolution. Why I hear you ask? Open your eyes and you might just see the answer staring you in the face.

I created a thread on just this... check it out...

First of all thank you for this information.

I think you just miss the point of this threat I mostly concerned about social unrest speeding all over the world, I’m pretty shore it will spread to my country in one week time and people actually could be killed for this “rebellion” .what you are offering is another complete point of view like if it’s an agenda being fourfold in front of our eyes and I don’t have any dought about it in did there is quite an amount of topics talking about this agenda on ATS.

But sometimes we question ourselves and ask others for help

That’s what I did today here on ATS .

"I just know that I know nothing."
Sócrates

edit on 2011 by BenoV because: double post

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
this does not work well. With the Iranian war ship headed there + Hillary Clinton pulling in all ambassadors to talk to them ==> this all adds up to some event on the horizon. Not that any of us here would be surprised.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by true-life

Yes it is the beginning of a revolution and when we all emerge and the dust settles hopefully people can keep religion to themselves.
Also instead of material possessions, we can cherish things that aren't man made such as time with family and friends.
Maybe even politicians will turn down bribes and enjoy what they do so we may all live as stress less as possible and enjoy the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join