It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the oddest coincidence that has ever happened to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Dain..that is so cool!

It's almost like you've discovered a pattern in the way the Universe talks to you or inspires you..and now that you're on to it, it will be incredibly useful in unlimited ways.

See if you can discover that pattern in other areas of your life--beyond the technical.

And now you've inspired me to find patterns in the way informationan and ideas come to me....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
OK, here's another cool twin story:

My son's teacher has an identical twin sister. One day she was shopping for shoes, but when she got home she realized the left shoe was black and the right shoe was dark brown...she didn't notice the color difference in the store. She phoned her sister later that day and told her about the shoes....her sister exploded in laughter as she related that she had bought a pair of shoes that day...the right one was black and the left one was brown. They got together and traded so they each had a matching pair.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

There sure seems to be a lot of evidence that twins have a higher mental connection than regular siblings. I've heard of twins feeling each others pain even though they were in different cities. You'd think that could be tested but I've never heard of specific research.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Okay..here's another twin story--and this is absolutely true. I remember reading the story somewhere and then rereading it because I couldn't believe it was true:

Two twin sisters lived fairly near one another, but a small mountain separated their homes.

They got together once a week--one driving to the other's house..switching off every other week.

One week, there was conufsion over who was supposed to go to whose house and they both ended up thinking it was their turn to visit. So, they each got into their cars and off they went, pointing their cars in the direction of the other sister's house.

On a winding road, an accident occured. One car had hit another and both drivers were killed.

Guess who the drivers were? Yes....the sisters.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
...about ten years ago, a dear friend flew down and we spent a few days on galveston island... we went to a nice bar&grill on the seawall for a few drinks...the bar area was upstairs and there was only one other couple there, which was odd (even for the middle of the week) because it was summer...

...in a bit, the other couple joined us at the bar... the lady said that i reminded her of a girl she was in the 5th grade with and, then, she said the name of the elementary and the year...

...i went to that school only in the 5th grade and in the year she stated... then she said, "and you lived on ogilve street"... i didnt recognize her or her name... i was in my late 40s at the time and didnt look anything like i did in the 5th grade...

...i was not amused... the guy asked if we would like to go bar hopping with them... i said no... my friend gave me a look that said dont be so dang hateful (yeah, right, wasted effort, lol)...

...so, then, this guy says to my friend, "i know you - were you a medic in vietnam?" and he had details (which part of nam, the year, the group my friend was attached to)... my friend was having a good time - until then... if looks could kill, they wouldve been turned into a little piles of smokin turds...

...on the way back to the hotel, i accused him of pissing off the wrong somebody and he accused me of the same... we were teasing (mostly)... there was no sensible reason to explain that very weird exchange and the odds of those coincidences being legitimate are astronomical...

...that they wanted to go bar hopping with us really creeped me out... they wanted to do some hopping but no bars were going to be involved, i'm sure of it...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
hi all, little bit of a downer this 1 but when i was a kid aged 5...im now 32, my dad who was a heavy drinker and always in debt had a visit from a debt collector, he told the man that he couldnt pay as he was goin a funeral the following tuesday (this was the friday b4) well he died on the tuesday on the corner of my street from a heart attack...and then buried the next tuesday!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
My coincidence is the kind that can turn someone paranoid.

About a year ago someone broke into the shop i work.He or they broke the front window,took some cash and they didn't touch anything else(2 computers,a small cd player,dvds or books)or search anywhere else for more money.I found out about it in the morning when i went to open.

A couple of days later a guy came and opened a new shop across the street .We weren't sure what he was selling,because the sign was saying books and photocopies but as he always had the windows covered and the door closed we never saw inside.He didn't talk to anyone(when i opened the store there i went to the neighbours and said a hello and introduced myself).

About a a month later a friend came by my shop and we were talking about the new guy.How private he was,never talked to anyone(confirmed with the other shop owners in the area),noone was getting inside his shop and the friend told me that everytime he was passing from the area at 11 o'clock a few nights back and he saw him in his shop.
The next day the guy show up and he introduces himself to me.He told me that it isn't really a shop,he uses it more as a storage and that he is trading chocolates.He also told me that he has to be on the shop at weird hours,11 or 12 o'clock at night,because his supplier brings him stuff at that times(!!!).
I freaked out.He had answered every question we had on him.When my friend came i told him and we started making stories that he had palced a bug on the shop.So we decided to test him again.(We had that conversation outside my shop).So we started talking about my upcoming trip to Germany.I started saying how much i like the country and that i would like to live there and how may great music festivals they have there.
So the next day he shows up again with a German chocolate in his hand and he told me that this is a new brand of german chocolate and i should try it,and long story short he told me that he was born in Germany near the town the Wacken festival takes place...
I didn't know what to think.I was 100% sure that something was going on.I changed the computer that i use fir internet and i definetely didn't have any serious conversation in the shop.I also asked the owner of the shop next to me if the guy had spoken to him.He hadn't.
And then he disappeared.The sign is still there,the blinds are down but during the summer he just left the place.

Now i laugh at the whole thing and i'm thinking that it was propably a bad coincidence,but back then i was really freaked out.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I was listening to music on my MP3 in shuffle mode while I was working on the New York Times crossword puzzle. Just as I was reading the clue ""part of the next-to-last line of the Lord's Prayer", Sarah Brightman's rendition of "Deliver Me" came on -- and that was the answer to the clue! I was stunned. I'm having a difficult time accepting this as a simple coincidence. The timing of it was surreal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join