It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor & misinformation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
To follow up my post on the ASRAAM I did a google search on the Meteor BVRAAM that will also be carried by the Typhoon and one of the search results said, and I quote, "To replace the AMRAAM on the V-Bomber force"

Just shows you can't beliieve everything you read on the net!

[edit on 19-7-2004 by waynos]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Uh the meteor on the typhoon is that a mistype and that quote was probably written by some crackpot who was high as a...on crack but what is the point of this thread?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No its not a mistype, why would you think that? The point of this thread is to try and start a discussion on the Meteor BVRAAM and its possible rivals (I don't know what they are beyond the Raytheon FMRAAM) as I searched and there wasn't one and also just a passing comment on what google threw up.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Uh the meteor on the typhoon is that a mistype and that quote was probably written by some crackpot who was high as a...on crack but what is the point of this thread?

I saw the Meteor BVRAAM yesterday at RAF Fairford Royal International Air Tattoo - yes it is going to go on the Typhoon - big display on it

In fact saw loads of really cool stuff even got a photo of my little boy doing a Dr Strangelove closing pose on top of of 2,000lb Paveway III LOL

E_T

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
fas.org...

From look of it I think it uses rocket-ramjet engine.... rocket for accelerating to couple Machs and after that more "fuel efficient" ramjet.

BTW, renaming of thread might be rational.

new topics

top topics

join