It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois slashes ALL state funding for drug and alcohol abuse treatment...disability and child care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Illinois slashes ALL state funding for drug and alcohol abuse treatment

* Disability and child care services could be next

Tens of thousands of Illinois residents are expected to be affected when drug and alcohol treatment and prevention centres across the state have their budgets cut from March 15.

The harsh budget cuts, proposed by Illinois governor Pat Quinn, who is a Democrat, will mean that from next month, all state funding will be cut.

After that date, only federal (national) Medicaid dollars will be available to fund the state's drug and alcohol treatment and prevention programmes, which means that some centres are facing closure.

But eh, all is well, recovery is here... somehow. And it's totally NOT Obama's state...

Illinois, infested by corrupt politicians, screwing the rest of the population.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Man, that state's a mess. And here come the rest of us!

One county here in the Atlanta area just slashed their budget and cut at least 800 jobs in the public sector, including EMS, fire, and police. The only trauma center in GA had their budget cut in half last month, and it's in bad shape to begin with. This is getting very bad.

The things they are cutting just do not seem to make sense. It's almost as if they're setting us up, isn't it?
edit on 2/22/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Are they trying to get people angry and on the streets ? People can only take so much . Terrible news this , no matter where you turn there is suffering .

S& F

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I read an article about similar slashing in NJ that you're experiencing in your area Lucidity - except this was one of the top 10 most crime inflicted cities per capita. Searching for my source now.

/edit

www.deathandtaxesmag.com...

Seems like they're trying to push everything to the brink. I bet if we broke into one of the homes of the people who refuse to take pay cuts and would rather cut these services, they'd change their minds. Illinois has lost it though, I'm surprised that they don't have any protests occurring....
edit on 22-2-2011 by CoincidenceX because: To provide source information

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I guess that's why they call it: ill-annoy. Annoying the ill with budget cuts. If you're ill then get prepared to be annoyed.
edit on 22-2-2011 by DanUKphd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They talked about it on the local news at 10pm last night..the director of a local rehab/drug/alcohol center said they will lay off 8000 people throughout Illinois. If childcare and disability are cut we are talking even more jobs lost..

Im sure it will be that way for other states too..so maybe this is why there was a stress test on the banks..to see if they indeed could handle 10's of 1000's of state/local govt out of work???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

I'm really beginning to think that is the case! We have other states getting ready to pull a "wisconsin" on us...I mean don't they see what happens? Maybe there is another conspiracy brewing???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Don't worry. Obama says we all must sacrifice.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I was just kidding. Don't you get it though. States have no money left. Its gone overspending for years has put many in this situation from local to state to fed governments are busted. There is no magic money tree.

new topics

top topics

join