It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A House Divided Can Not Stand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
And like a cheap deck of cards we are collapsing in on ourselves...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d98c6d8b6e8d.jpg[/atsimg]

What kind of change would sweep the nation if we could all put aside our 'isms, biases, hate, and jealousies? If , for once we could put up a united front? Utopia? Maybe not. But a more perfect, just world for sure.

Ask yourself who benefits from our divisions most? Who would not want the people to come together for the common good?

My answer is Big Government.

The government has two main partys. Well known as Republicans and Democrats. Americans couldn't wait to put themselves into one group or the other. As if one were more superior, honest, just, noble, etc. Take your pick. The results are obvious and far reaching.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e56588682c00.jpg[/atsimg]

DIVIDED over the issues, over party names, who's right, who's wrong, and which party is destroying America. Bickering over these issues spills into our workplaces, and into our homes. Progressives have no morals, conservatives are too uptight. Both think they are right. Both unwilling to give an inch.

One party can picket on the left, one on the right.... leaving a chasm inbetween. Nothing gets changed. Big Government slips right through that gaping chasm unscathed and unnoticed.

Why?

Because we can not stand together long enough to get the change we want. Score another one for BG. By creating and maintaining atleast two divisive partys they have successfully banked on our "fight to be right". We fell right in line and divided ourselves, making their job easier.

If a majority of us could come together and lessen the divide, I have no doubt that the government would have no other choice but to listen to the people they have ignored for so long.

Enter in The Haves and The Have Nots, where the majority of Americans divide themselves yet again.

Obamacare helps with this one. Government is well aware that most people do not want to pay for everyone else. This topic really ups the ante for the haves and have nots. Creating bitterness and blame on both sides.

Who doesn't want health insurance? While the vast majority of folks think everyone is entitled to healthcare, many go day after day without it because they can not afford it.

We do not need Obamacare for this. Or the divide it is causing.

We only need to stand together. Premiums are too high because people who can afford it, keep paying them. Most figure if they can pay, it is everyone else's problem if they can not. While a lot of times this is true, Nobody stops to think that if we joined forces (so to speak) everyone could be covered, and those paying grossly high premiums could see massive savings.

Again, if a majority stood together and on one day called their insurance companies to cancel their coverage scrambling would occur. Companies would be falling all over themselves to offer affordable premiums and better coverage. A win/win scenario for rich and poor. We have the power to make these big corporations listen, yet we remain divided and silent.

Programs like Black History Month continue year after year to constantly point out people's differences, resurect old sins and wounds. History lessons more often than not are accompanied by horror stories of viscious white slave owners. While this period is indeed a regrettable, shameful, part of our history I feel it is being used to divide the races for yet another generation. Causing some younger black people to take on a "white people owe me" attitude, while some younger white people grow angry that they are still being blamed for things they never even dreamed of.

Another line that stays successfully drawn in the sand.

Further divide occurs when our government bans gay marriage, practices "don't ask, don't tell", and allows folks to vote on whether certain people should have certain rights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0dd5eab40e6.jpg[/atsimg]

Allowing these kinds of votes and law leads some people to believe they are "better than" another group of people. Gays are "less than" and need permission to do certain things. The thought is ridiculous, but held by many unfortunately. Homosexuals pitted against heterosexuals.

The distance continues to grow.

The above are just a few examples of how we are dividing ourselves due to government actions. They gain more and more everytime we do this. We continue to fall in lockstep just like lemmings at times.

We need to realize that we are being manipulated into a divided house that can not stand. This is a conspiracy that is alive and well IMHO.

The time will come either in our lifetime or in the near future that we will need to stand as a united front for what is right or be lost forever. The question is, "Will we be able to cross those lines in the sand and stand as one?"

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was just thinking of writing a thread but I could not have said it any better than what you wrote. I read a couple of boards and sites that as soon as a topic comes up the first words are " Damn teabaggers" are "libatards". Think of what we could accomplish if we just once stood together. Who cares what you do in your own house are what you think about one political party are the other if we together could win back this country long enough to free the people again. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

Thanks for that. I don't think it will get much play here either, atleast I don't expect it to.
It was just all rattling around in my head. The sad fact is that we will probably never all come together. I nice dream which would result in fantastic changes, but still just a dream.

Hold on to the thought of "one day". Anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Good topic and well done, I agree. Artificial divisions are literally ripping this nation---and world---apart, no question,

It fits into the Hegelian Dialectic--- a concept I just recently learned of.

www.crossroad.to...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
We can hope. Looking through just today's threads I don't see it happening until there is a cataclysmic unifying event.

By the very act of being on this site, there should be some like-mindedness but there isn't. Even here people bicker over the minutia. It's going to take something big for people to unify and figure out WHAT is important.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

I can agree with that.

I have always heard "Do you want to be right? Or do you want to be happpy?" I am guilty of the arguing as well at times. I suppose it is in the nature of most humans. I do have hope though.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

It is indeed ripping us apart. Thank you for that link.
I have never heard of that before either. It definitely seems to describe it pretty well and I will be reading more on it. Very interesting.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This only works with nations who share a common culture/heritage. For example the states in the US, or England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in the UK. It does not work with nations with alien cultures. Trust me, we've experimented in the UK with "multicultralism" and it has been nothing short of EPIC FAIL.

You will only fall even further if you try and unite with a people who will not or can not cooperate.

top topics

join