It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old Committed to Psych Ward Against Parents Wishes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's disturbing to see how concerned everyone is with *potential* consequences if this 7 year old kid acts out yet his obvious cry for help is being essentially disregarded. This kid obviously does not need to be institutionalized because he is going through a difficult moment in his life. He was smart enough to express himself in a nonviolent manner rather than harming himself or another person. One thing is for sure, if he was having trouble before this is probably going to make things a hell of a lot worse.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
"her son suffers from separation anxiety"????
And Now how does he feel??
lost his mother to!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Hey there's an idea

Maybe we can let parents starve, kill, molest, pimp out, rape, beat, torture and anything else messed up in this world because it IS THEIR KID. I mean, the state has NO right to do anything to protect children at all!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by celimonster

So because your brother wanted to die and drew disturbing pictures, are you suggesting that it is normal behavior?
Jefferey Dahmer is in a rather exclusive club with other flesh eating murderers, but he is far from normal. Before you state that I am comparing apples to oranges, I am just stating that your experience has no bearing on the child in question.

You have to weigh the options here. We're talking about evaluating the child for 72 hours, guys. Weigh that vs the child jumping in front of a car or off a roof or eating pills etc...... Often times when someone shows such behavior it is in fact a cry for help. How else can a 6 year old convey their misery and discontent with life? No one is taking the child away for years while they starve and force pills down the kids throat. Nowhere near that extreme here. An evaluation is exactly that. They watch the child and speak to the child.

It's all to often that we see an awful tragedy and hear the family members say after "I never realized they were so sad", or "I never thought they'd really do it."
-72 hours of evaluation seems a hell of a lot better than mommy picking up Billy's brains off the floor.

I don't recall saying it is normal, but seriously the child was upset. We all do childish things when we get upset, especially when we're young. Many children dislike or as they say "hate" their teacher. My brother was upset over a video game. He is now 12 years old, is the most intelligent student of his class and is more understanding of life and events that happen.I sought help for him, but they wanted him on 3 different medications. Instead of taking medications, I had him move in with me for a while, but he explained that he just felt neglected at the fact he wasn't getting what he wanted. Children feel anger that they cannot fully understand. Beside if drawing pictures help out his emotions.It is better to draw them out then ignore those feelings and end up in high school, with guns loaded, and shooting everyone in sight. Also, my brother isn't on medication and he's the happiest kid in the world.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Please remove this child from the grip of psychologists - it is a well-known fact that they are all nuts.

Do not let anyone you care about get into the grip of a so-called psychologist.

Take the child back home, mother!

And, btw, that is called kidnapping where I come from.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Sorry,

I meant psychiatrists, not psychologists.

Psychologists can be helpful, and psychiatrists should all be in the asylum.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I completely agree with you. I was unfortunate enough to witness this first hand. As far as Im concerned, this kind of thing is just part of the persons personality. All these labels that they put on us, they're just a pyschiatric term for who we are. Thats all. And if the kid would have acted on this, then of course, he's to blame, no one else. There are no excuses for the actions one takes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join