It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old Committed to Psych Ward Against Parents Wishes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Be under no illusion regarding the US and UK, it is just the same here.Once "diagnosed" as having a mental illness you are on the system for life, no difference here IMO although someone says different

Exactly.

There are no "cures". Only "treatments".

Expensive, life-long, "treatments".

Honestly the only mental deficiency here is lack of recognizing Fraud and Con-Artistry.

We do have a massive ETHICAL deficiency though. Many people are morally retarded. And will quickly and easily justify harming another human being "to help them'.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Rewind 50 years.
What was the suicide rate amongst minors...less than now.
Children still drew horrific pictures but people let them express their fears and talk to family members not medical "experts.
How many kids were on pills for ADAH, bi-polar etc......almost none.
How many of those kids grew up to be decent normal well adjusted adults?....Most of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

It's a good thing in my mind. It is a simple 72 hour hold.

I don't know about you guys, but at 6 years, I did not suffer from depression or express desires of suicide.
There could be underlying abuse issues which are yet to be known that could be the cause, and what parent will step out and admit they abused their children? Hint: Any parent that is this honest, probably doesn't emotionally or physically abuse their child.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Rule #1: first save the child.

That's like Rule # 1 of using Politically Correct Double Think to destroy Parent's Rights. Essentially.

Rule # 1 for all freedom loving peoples is ::: Leave People the HELL Alone.

You have no authority to supersede a parent over their own children. This makes you tyrannical, no matter how good you think your intentions are.

Even if it works out ok every once in awhile, 95% of the time it ends in dismal failure and the people end up WORSE than they began with before entering this system.

Helping people = Leaving them Alone to figure out life Themselves
Being a Tyrannical Maniac = Using Good Intentions to Intrude on Personal Liberty and Trample it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I know children as young as 6 and under that have had these thoughts. Usually when they are upset over something that is out of their control or comprehension. Pictures are a childs way of expressing things but it is the handling of this case that I disagree with. Surely just knowing the fact the father was off to war would explain quite a lot.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Question for you, do you ever thing psych wards might harm people instead of helping them?

It upsets me that mental health workers don’t realize the trauma inflicted on people by forced institutionalization. Just because sometimes it’s necessary to prevent serious problems doesn’t mean it doesn’t harm people.
It should be used when all other solutions have been exhausted. I’m sure the mother could have kept an eye on the little boy until help could be sought.

Even IF the psych ward was just filled with wonderful people (which I doubt), there is still harm being done to the child. This could have been a perfectly normal little boy who may have been acting out something he heard on tv or cartoon.

Pick up even a normal six year old, take them in an ambulance, and not allow them to see their parents - and you will inflict trauma. Do this to a six year old who has issues with parents leaving and you would probably destroy them.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

In my opinion, there is a great difference between.

I miss daddy.

and

I want to kill myself because I miss daddy.

the details of this story are thin, but I suspect.. We will find.. as in many cases there is much more to the story than the minimal amount of information that people are currently knee jerking to. You know, like how these stories usually play out. How many times a DAY does this happen on ATS? In my years I have seen it over and over.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by civilchallenger

It's a good thing in my mind. It is a simple 72 hour hold.

I don't know about you guys, but at 6 years, I did not suffer from depression or express desires of suicide.
There could be underlying abuse issues which are yet to be known that could be the cause....

Right there is the problem, reaction, solution programing at it's finest. They play people like a fiddle with fancy grammatical wording on the TV.

"There could be" is not the same as "there is a problem." Maybe you could be a terrrorist, I don't know for sure so maybe we should report you just in case? It's the same mentality, and it does far more damage than good.

They don't care about your snot nose little brats, at all, at all, at all! I say THEY, the "system", there are good hearted people who want to help kids who are in real trouble, but they catagorize normal behaviors now as in need of intervention by the state. They aren't gentle either, a soon as the parent shows protectiveness for their child, it's taser time! Great for the kid's well-being.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I accept to some degree what you say regarding we do not know all the facts. However I think you will find that if you ask around the adult population that lived through previous wars you will find quite a few who will say their children "wanted to be dead" especially if under the age of 11. It is rather similar to saying "I do not want to have to deal with this situation and I fear for my daddy and dont want him to leave me".

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Psychiatry is nothing but voodoo pseudo science.They have no idea of how the human mind works.It's all guess work.Then to take a 6 year old away from the only person he knows and trusts that's what a police state does.The kid isn't old enough to understand ,not only what was wrong with what he did but why he is being taken from the only loved one he has left.Want to know why I know about this.....I lost my mother when I was 5,I kissed her good bye in the morning when I left for school and my dad came for me at noon.Then he and my grandfather had to figure out how to tell me.I didn't know how to deal with it and had problems for years. I did stuff like this kid ,I didn't know what I was doing.I had no understanding of the fact that those things were wrong.If something like taking me away from my dad had happened it would have sent me over the edge.Instead I learned how to deal with it without the voodoo doctors who just want to make money.Today I'm fine I grew up just fine without all the voodoo and baloney.I have a home a great relationship and some wonderful friends who have been with me for 40 years.I think I turned out ok however I'm worried about this kid.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The "mental health institution" is just a ploy to trick us into giving up our judicial rights.

Often times, there is no criminal charges. There are no convictions.

There is just automatic instant institutionalization.

This is CRIMINAL.

We have a RIGHT to a FAIR TRIAL.

6th Amendment Rights. Learn them!!!

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

link

And Habeas Corpus! Learn it!! You cannot falsely detain people!

Habeas corpus (Latin meaning "you are to have the body[1]") is a writ, or legal action, through which a prisoner can be released from unlawful detention. The remedy can be sought by the prisoner or by another person coming to his aid. Habeas corpus originated in the English legal system, but it is now available in many nations. It has historically been an important legal instrument safeguarding individual freedom against arbitrary state action.

link

Seriously we are pretty screwed here. The majority obviously thinks 6th Amendment rights and Habeas Corpus have no credence when it comes to "mental health".

You know who I'd be putting in straight jackets? Just convicted violent felons. Who actually committed a real crime....Oh how novel and unrealistic.....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Rule # 1 for all freedom loving peoples is ::: Leave People the HELL Alone.

That is just stupid as far as I'm concerned.

Abused children will often protect their parent - - just because its their parent.

Many an abused child has been released to their parent because "quote" Children belong with their parent.

Separating the child for a short period - - might reveal a deeper issue.

So how wonderful that you are this great parent - - - not all parents are. Repeat: Rule #1 - protect the child

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The "mental health institution" is just a ploy to trick us into giving up our judicial rights.

This is CRIMINAL.

Geezus!

Well this is a conspiracy site isn't it? You fit right in.

I think I'll just stick with Rule #1: protect the child

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Come on! I did stuff like that all the time when I was 6... Its normal.

I remember going through a dead dogs phase when I was 7 where I would draw dead dogs with swords coming out of them. Then I would cut the drawings out and put them in a box. I have nothing against dogs now, but at the time, I thought they were the oppressors of cats, because they chased cats and stuff like that...and I was an unforgiving child. I also stole a vial of red food coloring, took it to school, and told all the kids I killed a dog and that was its blood.

I'm not saying its right to kill dogs. I'm saying a kid's got to be a kid sometimes. Children are violent by nature. They have to learn ethics by themselves, as I did.

My teachers found my box of dead dogs and they freaked out. It was really unnecessary.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I like the way his father's deployment to Iraq is being used as the reason for this child's negative behavior. I find it ironic that a war caused by the state has a negative impact on a child's mind, so he's dragged unwillingly to a state run mental facility. He has learned all what this world is about at a very young age, poor kid.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by InsaneInsurgent11

wow someone who actually has the guts to admit to being normal. A little offbeat maybe in your childhood topic but all the same it is what lots of kids do. Tell me how many kids love to dress up etc on halloween and grow up normal. They love to pretend to be dead. A child with anxiety wants to be dead but only for 2 brief seconds.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

This is CRIMINAL.

Geezus!

Well this is a conspiracy site isn't it? You fit right in.

I think I'll just stick with Rule #1: protect the child

What makes you think allowing the state to hauling the kid off to some institution is "protecting them". This is not about conspiracies - what the government does is often harmful. Doctors aren’t gods – they often have wrong theories and advice.

Why do you feel the need to let some therapist take the role of the parent?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Seriously we are pretty screwed here. The majority obviously thinks 6th Amendment rights and Habeas Corpus have no credence when it comes to "mental health".

You know who I'd be putting in straight jackets? Just convicted violent felons. Who actually committed a real crime....Oh how novel and unrealistic.....

I agree with you SO MUCH. I can't even stand to read about this stuff. It makes me so inconceivably angry! "Mental health laws" are the laws that everyone has to be normal. What about freedom of expression and religion and speech?????

I am DETERMINED to make sure there is one place in the world where there is true freedom and people who are different can have the same rights as everybody else. Don't ask me how. I'm only 16, but that is my goal in life. I made the commitment when I was 13...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RadarMan

My own child was deployed to Iraq twice, even at my age there were days I was so worried about him it would have been easier to be dead myself and not to deal with the stress.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So how wonderful that you are this great parent - - - not all parents are. Repeat: Rule #1 - protect the child

So how wonderful that you are this great mental health worker ---- not all mental health workers are.

Repeat: Rule #1-Recognize the best way to protect a child is to realize they need to grow up in a society that protects civil rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join