It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old Committed to Psych Ward Against Parents Wishes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree with every word you wrote. Yes we need some potection in society but for crying out loud can't people be normal. Since when was it not normal for a child to draw things when they can't articulate them. I guess it is ok to draw flowers and trees and a big sun shining and to write "I want to live forever" when life is good but somehow TPTB can't allow a child to express anxiety, geeeez people are brainwashed into what they system wants and it has nothing to do with the wellbeing of the child, at least not in this case going on the small amount of evidence in the OP.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
1) Putting your kid into the custody of government means you just gave your kid to them.

2) If they wanna lock em up, well too bad, you have been supporting a system of oppression and tyranny all along.

3) That's why my kids are being home-schooled.

And I don't care if you think I am wrong, because I know I am right.

My 6 yr old (almost 7) can already do basic algebra. I will ask her " X+ 9 = 15, what is X?" and she will reply correctly at least 90% of the time.

HOW COULD IT BE?

Because I simply explained "X is a letter we use for a number we don't know yet, but by doing the math problem we can find out what number X actually is". I only had to explain it once.

Kids are really smart, but their parents and teachers are really dumb.
My kid is nothing special, shes 100% normal.

The reality is that our society doesn't give kids ANY CREDIT, and they treat them like little imbeciles.

Well, it looks like the true ignorant imbeciles are the adults. Not the kids.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Well, I can think of at least two top pop songs that seemingly glorify suicide, or at least talk about it. I wonder if the teacher even asked him if he knew what death was.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Perhaps if someone at the school had applied Christian principles

WTF..?

Right, so the kid turns out to be a mindless zealot with a taste for young boys...he'd be better off going through with the suicide.

Let the hate begin...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

both my parents have work in mental health and I have know alot of people with a wide variety of mental health issues.
when you used the word recovered you were right, being in a mental health ward is somthing you have to recover from.
It is a sick, sick industry full of poor souls drugged up to the eyeballs, and ellectro shnocked to the point were there mentally vacant.

the modern approach to mental health is seriously warped and disturbed and anyone who has ever had to deal with it has my condolences.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I live in England and I disagree with you regarding psych wards. As you are a mental health nurse of course you will advocate the work that is done there. Not a personal attack on you by any means but maybe just an observation that the system already has you embedded in it's thinking.
This is actually a reply to Versa not the above person, my mistake sorry
edit on 22/2/2011 by squizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Versa

The kid needs to be with his parents and let the parents deal with it.

and where has that got him so far? Drawing violent images and expressing the wish to kill himself.....

Did they even give the mother a chance? No.

So putting him in mental ward and giving him mass doses of meds that will make him a zombie for life is a better option than being around his family who loves him? Sorry I have seen what psych wards do to children and I am not a fan of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy

I live in England and I disagree with you regarding psych wards. As you are a mental health nurse of course you will advocate the work that is done there. Not a personal attack on you by any means but maybe just an observation that the system already has you embedded in it's thinking.

Sorry I live in the US big difference you can't compare the two. I am also NOT a mental health nurse I never said that. I hate the mental health system.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Oh come on, I doubt the kid was going to stab himself to death with a crayon. I wish people would stop taking everything kids say and do so damn seriously.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's good to see people in here who will fight for their children versus put their blind trust into a system that is based on fabricated hypothetical scenarios for profit and breaking up families to create more chaos.

The things that kids are exposed to on the regular TV & radio are absolutely traumatizing and horrific & violent, not to mention the videos games that I do enjoy playing at times. We should call DHS on these corporations and TV stations for visually harming children!

The kids react to what they see and hear and then the parents and children get punished and suffer for it. Sounds like a good business to me, under the guise of safety for the children. If you buy that, I got an ice bridge for sale in Africa.

Look at what is LEGAL in kid's foods alone, and tell me honestly... do THEY really care about the safety of your children? Wake up!

Edit: I worked in the mental health fied for 14 years, I've seen almost everything and it IS a sick industry where people are drugged up first before medications are put onto mainstream markets and TV.
edit on 22-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by Versa

I suspect your response would be different if you were to ever have children.

I have a child and i am a mental health nurse and my response remains the same.

And I agree with you. Of course - - that's with the hope the child does get excellent care.

As harsh as it sounds - - - if there is a problem in the home - - - separating the child from the home and parent - - - may be the only way to remove fear from the child - - - encouraging the child to talk.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

the modern approach to mental health is seriously warped and disturbed and anyone who has ever had to deal with it has my condolences.

I actually think the whole mental health system is a joke.

I mean look at this story. 6yr old in there because of a stupid picture that every normal kid draws every once in awhile. Most kids just use Grand Theft Auto 4 or CoD or Halo, to do their death cartoon.

Perhaps this kid merely lacked cool video games to release his aggressions through?
Or perhaps it was just a mere absence of sports or other physical activity?

These idiots in our system don't even THINK about these possibilities.

It's automatically a disease. Get the sick people in a hospital and torture the bad thoughts out of their heads! Drug them with stuff we don't even know how to pronounce correctly, etc.

It's sick as hell. These tyrants are the only ones with a genuine mental disorder, it's called 'drunk on power'.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

This is actually a reply to Versa not the above person, my mistake sorry
edit on 22/2/2011 by squizzy because: (no reason given)

NP

I was like huh? LOL. I just dont have very good experiences with the mental health system in this country. It is horrible. I could use some major mental help right now but thanks to no insurance and not qualifying for any assistance I am left to just be completely screwed. Not fun and not easy.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

So putting him in mental ward and giving him mass doses of meds that will make him a zombie for life is a better option than being around his family who loves him? Sorry I have seen what psych wards do to children and I am not a fan of them.

Your making the assumption that the child will be medicated as opposed to the normal route of assessment and possibly counselling. They are not going to medicate him and your being sensationalist by suggesting that that is the only route that they will go down.

Clearly the US mental health system is very different from the UK's so I'm going to retire to my bed now and leave the US and their lunacy well alone.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Under very very few circumstances I would agree with you regarding the removal of a child from the home environment but when you actually know what is causing the child distress it seems madness to remove them from the one remaining parent. Surley a good talk with the mother first could have answered lots of questions and like I said before allow the mother to go with the child if it was REALLY necessary.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I shudder to think what would have happened to me if, I'd been going to his school.

If they ever came for any child in my family, I would defend them to the death.

quite bluntly to my mind this is child abuse.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The US and UK seem to be 2 different animals here.

In the US, once you get on a "list", whether it be from arrests, protesting, activism, or any medical diagnoses that fall under mandatory policies and procedures... your life is over as you knew it. They never leave you alone from there, and sometimes do random checks to see if they can nail you for something.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Your making the assumption that the child will be medicated as opposed to the normal route of assessment and possibly counselling. They are not going to medicate him and your being sensationalist by suggesting that that is the only route that they will go down.

Clearly the US mental health system is very different from the UK's so I'm going to retire to my bed now and leave the US and their lunacy well alone.

Yea sadly the only thing the US system likes to do is medicate. It's their answer to everything..a pill! A pill fixes everything. This country has a high addiction rate to pills, its disturbing but frighteningly easy to get. My friends 9yr old was put on seroquel 800mg which is an anti psychotic for adults! I know because i was on the same does and Im an adult. I couldnt believe they put him on it. He had problems with it and was scared and when I found out he was on it I talked to him and calmed him down and let him know how he was feeling was normal because I had the same feelings. It made me so sad to see him like that at his age. He was scared to death he was dying and his parents didnt believe him because he had a history of lying about things. After I spoke to him I immediately told my friend to get him off of that and she did. She called the doctor and he was taken off of it. A child doesnt belong on meds like that. He didnt even need those meds, he has ADHD not bi polar which is what is used for.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Be under no illusion regarding the US and UK, it is just the same here.Once "diagnosed" as having a mental illness you are on the system for life, no difference here IMO although someone says different

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Under very very few circumstances I would agree with you regarding the removal of a child from the home environment but when you actually know what is causing the child distress it seems madness to remove them from the one remaining parent. Surley a good talk with the mother first could have answered lots of questions and like I said before allow the mother to go with the child if it was REALLY necessary.

It is a scary situation. Almost a 50/50. I can only put my thoughts in the Positive of caring professionals - - - and not the horrors of unqualified aide workers.

We don't know all the details. We don't know for sure the mother was not allowed to go to the facility.

My position is - - because there have been way too many cases of abused children who were not removed from the home when they should have been. Rule #1: first save the child.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join