It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Possible To Step Away From This Horrible Reality/ Brainwashing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If so, how would you do it?

There must be a way to deprogram. I meditate a lot lately. It seems to help for awhile, then I'm. right back
To that insane reality we all know. Also, people around me are so negative I feel they keep bringing me down.

Can I vibrate at a higher level and find a way to stay there?
Is that possible?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yeah it's possible, takes time though. It sounds like you are still being affected by "the reset button", that's what I call it.
When most people "wake up" they start seeing the reality that was always there just invisible to their perception because of programing and brain washing. The next day, the reset button pulls one back down towards the Matrix mentality.

What I use to do was watch some of my favorite Wake Up Call documentaries over & over so the truth could stick better in my head. I still fall asleep to some of them almost every night. Watching a few hours of TV acts like a reset button in many ways, not good for you at all. Only a Master can handle 6+ hours of TV and still not be affected by the manipulation.

Just my 2 cents.

Also try to limit your exposure to the negative fear vibrations in certain people that may be friends of yours. Baby steps, small doses.
edit on 22-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

First thing I would suggest is removing oneself from any neuro-linquistic programming exposure like TV.

Can I vibrate at a higher level and find a way to stay there?

Another thing that came to mind in reponse to this was thich nhat hanh's Miracle Of Mindfulness.Book
He is able to maintain a constant awareness of presence, and has gained total control over his wandering mind.
Example, when eating an orange, do not allow any thoughts unrelated to migrate into your presence, additionally, be grateful and aware of everything involved with eating the orange. Where it came from. the labor involved, the sustenance it provides, the aesthetic qualities, the affect on your body. So by cultivating the moment, continually, one stays in a higher vibration and by holding onto that "divine" awareness, one should be able to master their thought processes.
Some Excerpts:

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."

"When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That's the message he is sending."

"People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle."

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future."

"Breathing in, I calm body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment I know this is the only moment."

"Our own life has to be our message."

"The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life."

"Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos — the trees, the clouds, everything."

www.goodreads.com...

My .02

Peace,
spec
ETA: I guess it's like filling any empty space with positivity and grateful reflection, otherwise the trials and tribulations of our world could take up residence within and begin to fester. That state one reaches during meditation should be carried with us throughout the days perhaps. Good luck though, I have tried it and not yet quelled my monkey mind!
edit on 22-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by dgtempe

Yeah it's possible, takes time though. It sounds like you are still being affected by "the reset button", that's what I call it.
When most people "wake up" they start seeing the reality that was always there just invisible to their perception because of programing and brain washing. The next day, the reset button pulls one back down towards the Matrix mentality.

What I use to do was watch some of my favorite Wake Up Call documentaries over & over so the truth could stick better in my head. I still fall asleep to some of them almost every night. Watching a few hours of TV acts like a reset button in many ways, not good for you at all. Only a Master can handle 6+ hours of TV and still not be affected by the manipulation.

Just my 2 cents.

Also try to limit your exposure to the negative fear vibrations in certain people that may be friends of yours. Baby steps, small doses.
edit on 22-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)
I loved what you said about the reset button. How true!
Do you have a link for that audio you listen to?
I would love to have it. Thank you

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I wish I could meditate, but I'm too fat to sit on the floor and cross my legs.
My legs would fall asleep and I wouldn't be too comfortable.
I always loved the idea of doing it, just my mind is always racing and I don't think I could get to that body separation point.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I loved what you posted also. Thank you. Its what I needed to see and absorb.
Thanks for the link too!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I wish I could meditate, but I'm too fat to sit on the floor and cross my legs.
My legs would fall asleep and I wouldn't be too comfortable.
I always loved the idea of doing it, just my mind is always racing and I don't think I could get to that body separation point.

I never thought I could do it either... most days I cannot. I need something else to focus on to stop me from focusing on the "day-to-day" I ended up listening to binaural beats and found I reached a better meditative state than with silence. Any music will do, try to stay away from songs with lyrics though... in my experience I end up singing in my head rather than focusing on my breath.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

You will know when its time to do it. When things get to you then
You will do it. Good luck

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

One does not need to be in perfect form for meditation, the goal can be reached by laying down also, but the trick is not to fall asleep! As the "monkey mind" churns, just step outside of it and observe it's rampant action within your head, then try to disengage from it. TheSparrowSings had a good suggestion too, and not only non-lyrical music, but music that does not have repeated phrase in it to lock onto your subconscious. New Age music is perfect for this and creates an atmosphere of ambience to unwind in.
Also, if you try without the music, maybe start counting breaths, 7 count inhale and 7 count exhale. This kind of keeps your attention in check. Some people use creative phrases to repeat like, "the Earth is green and I breath her in," or something along those lines.
Hope that helps...

peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

O

I don't watch TV, I ride my bicycle a lot, and I chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo for a few minuets every morning and night. That helps a little; not near enough!

Paz y Amor

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It's funny you mentioned about lying down to meditate. I tried that and I did fall asleep.
I'll have to try the music. My wife gets anxiety attacks all the time and I bought her this music that's supposed calm her down. I'll have to use it.

Do you know if meditation helps eliminate anxiety attacks? My daughter gets anxiety attacks too. I don't know how to say this, but my wife and daughter are intuitive. Some people say my wife has a gift. They say she's afraid to use it. So I don't know if she would be into meditating because it may open some doors, if you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

YUP!!! I turn on the SPA channel on XM radio, channel 72. It has worked wonders even while sleeping.
I love my heavy metal otherwise hehe! But I find myself turning it on more and more. Lyrics confuse and direct thoughts and visions whereas naked rhythm & tone along with the occasional undecipherable lyric/chant help your mind produce what it wants or needs to see.

DG: It's hard. What you are asking to do is emulate the feelings of another reality. There's no way to sustain a perfect feeling in a largely hostile world of influence. All you can do is be sure you know what you want and live for that. There are still ways to create what it is you seek but for once you will need to act for yourself and not the benefit of others like I know you do too much.

Experience the turmoil in shifts like you would a necessary job that sucks but pays the bills. In another shift you relax and give yourself the greatest fulfilling reward. Basically compromise with others and the world on condition that you a allot time for your needs in whatever form you want. Nice headphones and the "spa" channel could be all you need in the middle of the mayhem.

I hope you soon find some form of waking peace!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Do you know if meditation helps eliminate anxiety attacks?

At the risk of sounding oxy-moronic, absolutely, IMHO!
It is so odd that many people do not know, or have never tapped into relaxing. I once saw a course called Relaxation Therapy, and I remember thinking, "Really? There are people that do not know how to relax?"
I have found it to be TOO true unfortunately.
But I have been with someone having a panic attack and the key is breathing and slowing down your system as it elevates uncontrollably. Get their attention, look them in the eyes and tell them to take some deep breaths, perhaps you should do that with/for them too, so they can mimic you if unable to do it themselves right then and there. A hug always seems to have an immediate calming effect too. Use your energy to neutralize their attack.
Now, as a disclaimer, spec ain't no doctor so definitely consult a professional on this and I hope you guys can find some relief. I would always hope breathing and relaxation therapy would be considered before some type of medication. But for some, medication has it's place too.
Hope that is helpful WeRpeons...

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice. My wife really hates taking pills so this is something we can try the next time my wife or daughter gets an attack. I read somewhere that anxiety attacks are caused from the physical and mental state not being in sync. I don't know if that's true, but it kind of makes some sense. There have been times where we had to drive around in the middle of the night so she could calm down. Taking a hot shower sometimes helps. Thanks again.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

To theOP, pardon our digression here, but it is related and if I can offer anything here to help someone, I will try, so I hope we have not offended thee

WeRpeons: Found an awesome site for you all: www.panicaway.com...

And here's a couple of good vids on the subject:

best wishes,
spec
edit on 22-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I know my title sounds as if i want to be in total bliss all the time. I know that's not possible, however, i need to find a way to tune out certain situations in my life. Can i shift into meditation mode when my husband has a bi-polar attack? I' m assuming thats what it is. Also everything he says is negative. There is nothing good.

I need to separate myself from the Jeckel and Hyde situation. I want to tune it out. I have not really found a way.
About that noise you listen to, is there a link for that?

Sorry if i come through as needy. I dont really think i am.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Thanks for posting those. We need all the help we can get

If there is anymore that would help, please post!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Not trying to intercept your inquiry to Atlantican, he has good advice too, I just wanted to include my .02.
May I ask what you think the source of "horrible" is in your reality? I ask because you mentioned your husband's negativity and I can full on relate to a situation where one is somewhat "tied" to negativity. My step da is the most negative person I have ever encountered. He is soured, cynical and pessimistic about everything! Attitudes can be infectious, so one has to change the source or change their own environment. By no means am I suggesting abandoning your husband either, but rather approaching the situation with sensitivity and attempted resolve. I see your signature and wonder if prayer is part of you guys' life? I ask because, that can be a great source of inspiration, hope and release. I think a pet can cultivate some positivity within a person too, it did for my stepfather, a little bit at least.

spec

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Yes, i pray. A lot. I hope meditation and spirit guides dont interfere with my prayers. I was brought up a Catholic, but i have my own ways of worshipping. I love Mantras, listening to Yogis, the whole enchilada.

I consider myself blessed. I have many many people who love me. The horrible reality to me is to see this world falling apart, the status of this world as it is makes me suffer a lot. One never knows when the next shoe is going to drop, etc. I feel empathy and want to fix everything. I am getting better at this by not listening to the news, and by not even reading anything political here. Or anywhere. I want to forget all that..

I mentioned my husband because hes a constant source of irritation. I am a very peace loving person , so that constant negativity, the food sucks, his work sucks, everyone sucks. I am opening up, because i feel really bad this evening. I have had a lot of pain in my legs due to they claim, arthritis and something else.
He says i've already taken meds and i should be fine. He's offended when i walk slow.
You get the idea?
He's 62 now. Semi retired, and i have been with him all my life.

Any way a little rain must fall all the time? Or is that some of the time?

This is my desperation. I want to look down on him in a state of euphoria and smile. Is that possible?
I dont suppose.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You could join a commune(they call em "Intentional communities, nowadays). Just work the land and be provided with food and bed, and be around like minded people, escape the rat race for good, etc

And it's also a possible safe haven in case SHTF

edit on 23-2-2011 by Versalife because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join